Mrdanielbyrne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

is that is a good routine?

I am pretty new to bodybuilding so im really struggling to find the right routine for and the amount of sets im doing.
    currently I lift 4 days a week monday to thursday and rest Friday-sunday. Monday I do a full upper body then tuesday a lower body then repeat. For my upper I do:-
    Standing dumbell bicep curl
    row
    shoulder press
    fly
    Weighted incline sit ups
    On my lower body workouts I do:-
    Leg press
    leg curl
    tricep dips
    calf raises
    All my sets I do 12,10,8,6 starting of light and working my weight up. Is this a good routine to follow I am prettg new to this so I dont want to complicate thigs to much. All my exercises are done on machines not to great with the free weights yet.
    shall I just stick to this routine or change it a little bit of change it to straight sets or less reps. My goal is to get as much mass as possible for the next two months then try cutting. Any advice would be appreciated cheers.

AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    No dude, just no...

Try one of the following:
    Allpros Simple Beginner Routine
    ICF 5x5
    Lyle's Generic Bulking Routine
    Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will. - Mahatma Gandhi

ISSA CFT

Cheers for your reply. What is not good about it. The excercises or upper lower days. Monday to thursday is only days I get to train and alot of begginer routines I seen are three day splits which cant do because of work etc!

AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Mrdanielbyrne View Post
    Cheers for your reply. What is not good about it. The excercises or upper lower days. Monday to thursday is only days I get to train and alot of begginer routines I seen are three day splits which cant do because of work etc!
    1. Triceps is upper body, not lower.
    2. No compound chest movement.
    3. No squats.
    4. No set and rep scheme.
    5. No planned progression and deloads.

Should I keep going?
    Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will. - Mahatma Gandhi

ISSA CFT

I no triceps is upper but wanted to split biceps and triceps on different days so not overworking my arms. And I said my sets reps was 12,10,8,6 12 reps of light weights and working to 6 reps of heavy weight. Ive never done squats. Like I said im new to this and there thousands of different routines just trying to find a good beghiner one.

Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    There seems to be no consistent structure or programming. Beginners should never build their own routine. Please refer to this:

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/wor...novice-workout

Ok ill have a look thanks.

Originally Posted by Icicle View Post
    There seems to be no consistent structure or programming. Beginners should never build their own routine. Please refer to this:

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/wor...novice-workout
    Yeap, why design your own routine when there are dozens of routines designed by professionals and are proven to work?

ISSA CFT

Ferello is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ferello is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ferello is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ferello is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ferello is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ferello is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ferello is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ferello is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ferello is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ferello is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ferello is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    All pros beginner routine