Page 20 of 86 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 ... LastLast
    gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by determined4000 View Post
    You could fluctuate you fat intake between .33g/lb and .5g/lb and go even higher on fat for periods if you are highly active.
    Id be interested to see what would happen if someone eats say 1g/kg in fat everyday for 6 months. Then took someone who is all over the place with an average of 1g/lg and then someone who is consistent at say .8 for 1 month and then 1.2 for the second month and alternated between the two.
    I find this an interesting point...

I LOVE protein and easily get 250g per day (bit too much i know but who cares)

Read a through things briefly stating your body may adapt to intaking high amounts of certain micro/macro nutrients thus it would be a benefit to have periods where you change (Low protein week high protein week) so your body changes the way it uses/adapts to the varied intake..

Probably a load of broscience but yeh a thought non the less

MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    http://health.clevelandclinic.org/20...king-oils-101/

^Thanks for the "helpful" information Cleveland Clinic. Still blows my mind how practitioners are still out of date with current information...canola oil is their TOP recommendation for frying? Obviously someone needs to research that a bit more:

Worse for your Heart
    SATURATED FATS: These oils made from full-fat dairy products also increase heart disease (think butter).

ISLAND “GET-AWAYS”: Steer clear of tropical- sounding oils like coconut, palm, palm kernel and cottonseed oils. They all contain saturated fat.
    B.S. Exercise Science
    M.S. Applied Sport Science and Exercise Physiology

ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by gingersgym View Post

Read a through things briefly stating your body may adapt to intaking high amounts of certain micro/macro nutrients thus it would be a benefit to have periods where you change (Low protein week high protein week) so your body changes the way it uses/adapts to the varied intake..

FWIW I read a Lyle McD article where he mentions protein cycling in passing and basically calls it BS. Can't remember where I found it though.

beastlymandude is just really nice. (+1000) beastlymandude is just really nice. (+1000) beastlymandude is just really nice. (+1000) beastlymandude is just really nice. (+1000) beastlymandude is just really nice. (+1000) beastlymandude is just really nice. (+1000) beastlymandude is just really nice. (+1000) beastlymandude is just really nice. (+1000) beastlymandude is just really nice. (+1000) beastlymandude is just really nice. (+1000) beastlymandude is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by gingersgym View Post

Originally Posted by ZMan45 View Post
    FWIW I read a Lyle McD article where he mentions protein cycling in passing and basically calls it BS. Can't remember where I found it though.
    Here's something Lyle McDonald said on his BodyRecomposition Forums:

Protein cycling = the idea that you should deliberately reduce protein intake to downregulate things like protein oxidation and that you'll get a big anabolic rebound when you raise protein again. basically nonsense.
    Link to thread: http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=3443

Also found this article Lyle wrote. I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but he discusses protein cycling toward the bottom of the page:

With regards to the concept of protein cycling, while the general idea is somewhat logical, in that decreasing protein intake can cause a transient decrease in oxidation and turnover, there is little indication that there will be a net gain in body protein when protein intake is increased again. In the same way that liver proteins are the first lost, they will likely be the first regained. And by the time liver proteins have been rebuilt, rates of oxidation and turnover will have returned to normal, leaving the individual with no net gains.
    Link to article: http://thinksteroids.com/articles/pr...e-mcdonald-04/

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    liking the discussion in here. Ive read about the protein cycling thing and just put it off as nonsense personally
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    http://www.pnas.org/content/early/20....full.pdf+html

'Regional brain responses associated with drinking water during thirst and after its satiation'

The results of the study indicate that drinking when thirsty is accompanied by a subjective state of pleasantness associated with activations in the pACC and OFC. Following the satiation of thirst, subsequent compliant overdrinking is accompanied by a subjective experience of unpleasantness and aversion, which is inhibiting of drinking behavior and is associated with activations in the MCC, the left midinsula, amygdala, and PAG
    Discuss....

WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The individual will vary greatly ^.

In terms of protein; cycling doesn't seem beneficial but I believe it could be done fine. Reminds me of ancestors not always having protein sources and such around all the time and then overfeesing on it.
    I think we should not think about timing protocols and instead think more about beneficial/optimal intakes.
    My Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169516313

MMDELAD

digistp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digistp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digistp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digistp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digistp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digistp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digistp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digistp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digistp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digistp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digistp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by HealingHands8 View Post
    http://www.pnas.org/content/early/20....full.pdf+html

'Regional brain responses associated with drinking water during thirst and after its satiation'

Discuss....
    It feels good to chug water when thirsty, and many people get an unpleasantly bloated or full feeling after excessive consumption. Not sure what point you're wanting to discuss.

HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by digistp View Post
    It feels good to chug water when thirsty, and many people get an unpleasantly bloated or full feeling after excessive consumption. Not sure what point you're wanting to discuss.
    Was pointing it out more in the context of many 'health professionals' advice to drink x amount of water per day, far beyond that of simple thirst. With no empirical evidence as to why that may be beneficial.

MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by HealingHands8 View Post
    Was pointing it out more in the context of many 'health professionals' advice to drink x amount of water per day, far beyond that of simple thirst. With no empirical evidence as to why that may be beneficial.
    Many people interpret thirst for hunger and eat instead of drinking b/c they have a poor gauge of what hunger feels like. Also, most are not drinking enough as is due to the fact that they never get active enough to work up a thirst.

Originally Posted by digistp View Post
    Haha was thinking the same thing^. "Uhh isn't that common knowledge that most people drink when thirsty? haha
    B.S. Exercise Science

cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I personally think 'drink x amount of liquid' is a better recommendation than 'drink to thirst'.

You lose a certain amount of fluid throughout the day regardless of what you're doing. Obviously certain things like vigorous exercise or sitting in a sauna will make you lose more fluid, but even smaller things like consuming diuretics will increase the need for fluid intake. My point is, its all calculable; obviously not simplistic or realistic, but calculable nonetheless. So things like 'drink to thirst' is way too subjective of a phrase for many reasons; one example is like MikeWines said, people often confuse thirst for hunger, etc.

This may not be the best example, but most people track their calorie intake when they have a goal, because they want optimality over sufficiency, so why not do the same with fluid intake? I personally don't track how much water I drink anymore, but I know its always between 2L-4L per day...I'm rarely ever 'thirsty' though unless I eat a lot of sodium (which is very rare) or I'm outside in the sun for a long time.

For some people, 'drink to thirst' may be appropriate, just like eating until satiated would be appropriate, but as a general recommendation I think its better to have a target number rather than rely on extremely subjective measures.

saw7988 is just really nice. (+1000) saw7988 is just really nice. (+1000) saw7988 is just really nice. (+1000) saw7988 is just really nice. (+1000) saw7988 is just really nice. (+1000) saw7988 is just really nice. (+1000) saw7988 is just really nice. (+1000) saw7988 is just really nice. (+1000) saw7988 is just really nice. (+1000) saw7988 is just really nice. (+1000) saw7988 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've also heard that if you're thirsty, then it means you're well past being dehydrated. So drinking to thirst would basically have you suboptimally hydrated for most of the day.

Personally, since I sit all day every day, I just try to drink as much water as possible to force myself to walk around a bit for frequent bathroom trips.

Lyle has recommended something like getting 5 clear pisses/day.

Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000)
    So in line with what was posted on the previous page about protein and fat mins, is it .33g/lb of BW for fat or .45g/lb of BW as a minimum? The sticky says .45. I love protein and carbs and I normally get around 55-60g of fat a day at a BW of 142lbs, is this a problem?

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by cls91 View Post
    I personally think 'drink x amount of liquid' is a better recommendation than 'drink to thirst'.

You lose a certain amount of fluid throughout the day regardless of what you're doing. Obviously certain things like vigorous exercise or sitting in a sauna will make you lose more fluid, but even smaller things like consuming diuretics will increase the need for fluid intake. My point is, its all calculable; obviously not simplistic or realistic, but calculable nonetheless. So things like 'drink to thirst' is way too subjective of a phrase for many reasons; one example is like MikeWines said, people often confuse thirst for hunger, etc.

This may not be the best example, but most people track their calorie intake when they have a goal, because they want optimality over sufficiency, so why not do the same with fluid intake? I personally don't track how much water I drink anymore, but I know its always between 2L-4L per day...I'm rarely ever 'thirsty' though unless I eat a lot of sodium (which is very rare) or I'm outside in the sun for a long time.

For some people, 'drink to thirst' may be appropriate, just like eating until satiated would be appropriate, but as a general recommendation I think its better to have a target number rather than rely on extremely subjective measures.
    i agree totally, i hate when people say drink to thirst. i know people who drink 1-2 bottles of water in an entire day just because they are not thirsty. personally i am always thirst and drink 1-2gallons daily
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

Originally Posted by Vendetta52 View Post
    So in line with what was posted on the previous page about protein and fat mins, is it .33g/lb of BW for fat or .45g/lb of BW as a minimum? The sticky says .45. I love protein and carbs and I normally get around 55-60g of fat a day at a BW of 142lbs, is this a problem?
    where do you see that at?
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

Originally Posted by saw7988 View Post
    I've also heard that if you're thirsty, then it means you're well past being dehydrated. So drinking to thirst would basically have you suboptimally hydrated for most of the day.
    That is correct. Even 1-2% dehydration can decrease performance drastically (I think I remember a few cycling studies stating it was >10% even). Hence why I drink when thirst and when not thirsty. Around 5 blender bottles/day = ~100oz which is well above half my BW in ounces which is what I aim for.

Here's another study on the matter showing how ALL stresses ("including exercise, environmental heat and cold, altitude, water immersion, dehydration, and perhaps microgravity, singly and in various combinations.") can lead to dehydration.
    B.S. Exercise Science

WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Fat intake is going to vary. Some feel better on higher intakes while others on lower. Quality>quantity. Do a trial run of .3g/lb compared to your other intake. Sufficient EFA is a must. Track mood, recovery, workouts, and physical health like hair and skin.

Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    where do you see that at?
    My post. I recommend you giving them a read.

MMDELAD

Originally Posted by WMLifting View Post
    Fat intake is going to vary. Some feel better on higher intakes while others on lower. Quality>quantity. Do a trial run of .3g/lb compared to your other intake. Sufficient EFA is a must. Track mood, recovery, workouts, and physical health like hair and skin.

My post. I recommend you giving them a read.
    i meant the .45g/lb recommendation in the stickies
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've been making gains in the gym with fat varying from 55-65g depending on the day and what I ate, so it seems like it is working for me. Hair and skin are all good too.

Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    i meant the .45g/lb recommendation in the stickies
    In the Calculating Calories and Macronutrients thread, although it says between .4g-1g for fat and not .45g; with an absolute minimum of .3g when on a low calorie diet.

I've been making gains in the gym with fat varying from 55-65g depending on the day and what I ate, so it seems like it is working for me. Hair and skin are all good too.

In the Calculating Calories and Macronutrients thread, although it says between .4g-1g for fat and not .45g; with an absolute minimum of .3g when on a low calorie diet.
    If you feel fine then then I don't see a reason to increase. Remember, as you bulk and gain FFM your needs will increase.
    Also, you feel fine because your used to it. Have you ever gone higher/lower for a while to see how it differs?

The minimum is ~.25g/lb* from what I have gathered from sources other than stickies. In my opinion, there could be benefits going higher than .25g/lb and into the .3-.5+ range. It just differs with the individual.
    *I am aware of the ~20g PUFA requirement for life.

MMDELAD

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    *I am aware of the ~20g PUFA requirement for life.
    expound please?
    do you mean EFA's or PUFA?
    and are you saying 20g total regardless of body size?
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

ya i know, thats what im getting at
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

ilove2run is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilove2run is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilove2run is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilove2run is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilove2run is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilove2run is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilove2run is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilove2run is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilove2run is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilove2run is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilove2run is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MikeWines View Post
    That is correct. Even 1-2% dehydration can decrease performance drastically (I think I remember a few cycling studies stating it was >10% even). Hence why I drink when thirst and when not thirsty. Around 5 blender bottles/day = ~100oz which is well above half my BW in ounces which is what I aim for.

Here's another study on the matter showing how ALL stresses ("including exercise, environmental heat and cold, altitude, water immersion, dehydration, and perhaps microgravity, singly and in various combinations.") can lead to dehydration.
    This is actually false. It has actually been proven that elite athletes (e.g., world record holders in the Road Marathon), actually benefit from going in a slight dehydrated state. And all those studies that have shown a 1-2% decrease in BW decreases performance are not taking everything into factor (water content =/= electrolyte balance and osmolarity of the ICF/ECF)

Example; the runners that run the fast are the ones that are the most "dehydrated"

Highly recommend you (and everyone) read Tim Noakes book, "Waterlogged"
    Blog:
    http://dyldahl.wordpress.com/
    Reviews:
    (1) MyPro Impact Whey Protein - http://tinyurl.com/pr8glg9
    (2) MT Essential Series – 100% Platinum Whey - http://tinyurl.com/ofzxzwf
    (3) MP Arnold Series – Arnold Iron Pack - http://tinyurl.com/ps6m6x3
    (4) Animal [UN] Juiced Amino's [Enhanced BCAA] - http://tinyurl.com/pe745q9
    (5) PF Greens Freak [Gf] - http://tinyurl.com/mew47vc
    (6) MF Advanced Protein - http://tinyurl.com/qceh5mq
    (7) Cellucor C4 (4th Gen) - http://tinyurl.com/of8uznw

hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Is it possible to get enough micronutrients/stay healthy on a 600 calorie diet? If so, how would one do it?
    "ham boy"

Siobahn is just really nice. (+1000) Siobahn is just really nice. (+1000) Siobahn is just really nice. (+1000) Siobahn is just really nice. (+1000) Siobahn is just really nice. (+1000) Siobahn is just really nice. (+1000) Siobahn is just really nice. (+1000) Siobahn is just really nice. (+1000) Siobahn is just really nice. (+1000) Siobahn is just really nice. (+1000) Siobahn is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by hamworld05 View Post
    Is it possible to get enough micronutrients/stay healthy on a 600 calorie diet? If so, how would one do it?
    By not trolling in this thread.
    *MMDELAD crew*

heaviest: 228lbs
    lightest: 107lbs
    Bulking!

MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by hamworld05 View Post
    If you're overweight and go on a calorie restricted diet, generally your health will always increase significantly no matter what. Obviously maintaining a 600 kcal diet isn't the way to go though.
    *No sig crew*

Originally Posted by determined4000 View Post
    expound please?
    do you mean EFA's or PUFA?
    and are you saying 20g total regardless of body size?
    The threads and layne somewhere said something like the actual bare minimum for survival is something like 18.3g, which I find conflicting because Lyle
    Claims that only EFA is required for life.
    I just mentioned it before I got the whole "oh you only need X amount, not X". I know you know about this as you wee in one or two of the threads I posted.

MMDELAD

cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MichielN View Post
    If you're overweight and go on a calorie restricted diet, generally your health will always increase significantly no matter what. Obviously maintaining a 600 kcal diet isn't the way to go though.
    Like the professor that ate only McDonald's for 90 days:

Lost weight and blood profile improved, but it's definitely not something I'd suggest for a prolonged period of time; and eating normal unprocessed whole foods would definitely have been a better alternative.

But he was doing it to prove a point and I think he did a great job of doing so; a lot of common nutritional myths are debunked with that experiment (have to eat 5x per day, fast food is unhealthy, etc.)

The threads and layne somewhere said something like the actual bare minimum for survival is something like 18.3g, which I find conflicting because Lyle
    Claims that only EFA is required for life.
    I just mentioned it before I got the whole "oh you only need X amount, not X". I know you know about this as you wee in one or two of the threads I posted.

I always assumed the EFA's were all that was needed to be obtained through diet since they're the essential fatty acids.

MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by cls91 View Post
    but it's definitely not something I'd suggest for a prolonged period of time; and eating normal unprocessed whole foods would definitely have been a better alternative.
    Obviously.
    *No sig crew*

Originally Posted by MichielN View Post
    Obviously.

I felt like stating the obvious was necessary.

Some people may have interpreted the post differently otherwise...same way some people may think eating 600 kcal daily is healthy lol