ashton97 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Counting calories in a carb-up

Hi people, how i can count my calories in the carb up if the carb-up period is during 30 hours?
    It begins friday in the evening and finish saturday in the night. When i start counting the calories of the carb up ? Since my post workout ?

i know we have to low fats to 1gr/kg and still taking de same amount of protein but...
    when do i start counting protein and fats? In the evening of friday or just saturday?
    Do i take my 205 gr of fats on friday? And my 140 gr of protein?

It would be right like this?

Friday macros:
    140gr protein
    205 gr of fats
    360 grams of carbohydrates

Saturday macros:
    72 grams of fat
    140 grams of protein
    270 grams of carbohydrate

I can't take fructose or sucrose (because it's glucose and fructose) in my carb up, right?

Thank you guys

andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Why are you carbing up for 30 hours? Just curious... why not 6 hours, 12 hours, 24 hours or 36 hours......

Originally Posted by ashton97 View Post
    Hi people, how i can count my calories in the carb up if the carb-up period is during 30 hours?
    It begins friday in the evening and finish saturday in the night. When i start counting the calories of the carb up ? Since my post workout ?

i know we have to low fats to 1gr/kg and still taking de same amount of protein but...
    when do i start counting protein and fats? In the evening of friday or just saturday?

Friday macros:
    140gr protein
    205 gr of fats

Saturday macros:
    72 grams of fat
    140 grams of protein

I can't take fructose or sucrose (because it's glucose and fructose) in my carb up, right?

Thank you guys
    It's YOU vs YOU

Originally Posted by andymant View Post
    Why are you carbing up for 30 hours? Just curious... why not 6 hours, 12 hours, 24 hours or 36 hours......
    because i carb up from friday evening (final workout) to saturday midnight.
    So i don't know if i should count like
    friday morning - friday evening (final workout) 1 normal day macros
    friday evening - saturday midnight carb up macros

Or just friday = Normal day macros + 360 grams of carbohydrates
    and then saturday = 72 gr of fat, 140 gr of protein and 270 gr of carbohydrates.

andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Dont complicate things, just take your dextrose pre depletion work out and count from then onwards until you finish

because i carb up from friday evening (final workout) to saturday midnight.
    So i don't know if i should count like
    friday morning - friday evening (final workout) 1 normal day macros
    friday evening - saturday midnight carb up macros

Or just friday = Normal day macros + 360 grams of carbohydrates
    and then saturday = 72 gr of fat, 140 gr of protein and 270 gr of carbohydrates.
    It's YOU vs YOU

Dont complicate things, just take your dextrose pre depletion work out and count from then onwards until you finish
    but other macros?
    cuz i cant just put 2500 extra kcal from carbs without touching the others macros...

Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    but other macros?
    cuz i cant just put 2500 extra kcal from carbs without touching the others macros...
    Count them as well. Fats should be kept minimal and protein should be kept at the lower end of the spectrum .6-1g/lb should be fine.

The way you're carbing up makes it way more of a headache than it should be. Why not just push your workout to saturday morning and use all of saturday as your carb-up?

Originally Posted by Lvisaa2 View Post
    Count them as well. Fats should be kept minimal and protein should be kept at the lower end of the spectrum .6-1g/lb should be fine.

The way you're carbing up makes it way more of a headache than it should be. Why not just push your workout to saturday morning and use all of saturday as your carb-up?
    Because of the recovery.... If i train saturday, i ve got only sunday and monday to rest my muscles worked at saturday.

The thing is, i begin counting calories in friday evening ir just in saturday?

Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Im never even concerned about macros, i carbup like once a month for like 2-2.5 days and im sure i easily hit 4000 cals :P
    And when i way in the next week im still on a deficit.

Originally Posted by Vivvid View Post
    Im never even concerned about macros, i carbup like once a month for like 2-2.5 days and im sure i easily hit 4000 cals :P
    And when i way in the next week im still on a deficit.
    I will carb up oncea week since the second week... A real big overeating is serious in my case hahaha

someone there?

Please!!! Need help

i really need help guys

i really need help guys
    You have been given advise, now stop whining and get on with it. If you have specific question ask them!!
    It's YOU vs YOU

You have been given advise, now stop whining and get on with it. If you have specific question ask them!!
    but i can't put my training on saturday...
    and i think you didn't understood my question.
    Im asking how to count macros in the 30h carb up

here is a step by step guide:

1. eat food
    2. deduce the macro nutrient breakdown of all food that passes through your lips and is swallowed (myfitnesspal works wonders)
    3. Add the macro nutrient value of all said food to a spreadsheet or MFP
    4. ta daaaa, you have a breakdown of everything you have eaten in a set time period

but i can't put my training on saturday...
    and i think you didn't understood my question.
    Im asking how to count macros in the 30h carb up
    It's YOU vs YOU

here is a step by step guide:

1. eat food
    2. deduce the macro nutrient breakdown of all food that passes through your lips and is swallowed (myfitnesspal works wonders)
    3. Add the macro nutrient value of all said food to a spreadsheet or MFP
    4. ta daaaa, you have a breakdown of everything you have eaten in a set time period
    but it's not that my question dude...
    look

How can i count calories in my carb up? it begins friday in the evening and finish saturday in the night. When i start counting the calories of the carb up ? Since my post workout ?

Friday macros:
    140gr protein
    205 gr of fats

Saturday macros:
    72 grams of fat
    140 grams of protein

mac28024 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think the question is this...he starts Friday with the intent of a 65/30/5 split (just hypothetical), but knows that he will start carving up later in the evening. He's confused as to how his macros will change for the rest of the night once he starts the carb up (ie - does he reduce fats and proteins in order to account for the increase in carb calories, while still staying at his calorie goals). I think the answer is that your macro ratios will come out different for Friday because of the carb up (some one else can weigh in and correct me if I'm wrong). But honestly, it sounds like you're worrying way too much about it.

However, I think what vivvid was trying to point out that he does not count his calories when he carbs up, he just eats as many carbs as possible. I don't know if he specifically lowers fats and proteins, or just adds more carbs on top of his normal foods.

He has been told what to do, he isnt listening. OP use the below link if you dont like the answers given:

www.google.com

Originally Posted by mac28024 View Post
    I think the question is this...he starts Friday with the intent of a 65/30/5 split (just hypothetical), but knows that he will start carving up later in the evening. He's confused as to how his macros will change for the rest of the night once he starts the carb up (ie - does he reduce fats and proteins in order to account for the increase in carb calories, while still staying at his calorie goals). I think the answer is that your macro ratios will come out different for Friday because of the carb up (some one else can weigh in and correct me if I'm wrong). But honestly, it sounds like you're worrying way too much about it.

However, I think what vivvid was trying to point out that he does not count his calories when he carbs up, he just eats as many carbs as possible. I don't know if he specifically lowers fats and proteins, or just adds more carbs on top of his normal foods.
    It's YOU vs YOU

Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Alright imo you should not be worried about counting calories at all during the carbup.
    You might just not wanna go all overboard if you do it weekly though.
    Also if you want do a proper carbup you should increase your carb intake.

I was busy writing but you ight as well wanna read this it contains all you need know
    http://www.simplyshredded.com/resear...-mcdonald.html

Originally Posted by mac28024 View Post

yeah, just that!
    I have to change my macros on friday? Or just on saturday? How do i organize my macros on fryday?

Originally Posted by Vivvid View Post
    Alright imo you should not be worried about counting calories at all during the carbup.
    You might just not wanna go all overboard if you do it weekly though.
    Also if you want do a proper carbup you should increase your carb intake.

I was busy writing but you ight as well wanna read this it contains all you need know
    [
    i've red that already... I know i have to low dietary fat during the carb up, but when i have to start lowing fats? on friday evening or just saturday?

i've red that already... I know i have to low dietary fat during the carb up, but when i have to start lowing fats? on friday evening or just saturday?
    This is painful! Stop trolling and jog on
    It's YOU vs YOU

This is painful! Stop trolling and jog on
    im not trolling dude hahaha

gloria7 is a name known to all. (+5000) gloria7 is a name known to all. (+5000) gloria7 is a name known to all. (+5000) gloria7 is a name known to all. (+5000) gloria7 is a name known to all. (+5000) gloria7 is a name known to all. (+5000) gloria7 is a name known to all. (+5000) gloria7 is a name known to all. (+5000) gloria7 is a name known to all. (+5000) gloria7 is a name known to all. (+5000) gloria7 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    From the moment you start eating high carb foods till the moment you finish, make sure your fat intake is minimal. That good?

Originally Posted by gloria7 View Post
    From the moment you start eating high carb foods till the moment you finish, make sure your fat intake is minimal. That good?
    no!! cause i want to know if i still have to complete my macros (140gr protein, 200gr fat) on friday!!

no!! cause i want to know if i still have to complete my macros (140gr protein, 200gr fat) on friday!!
    It's YOU vs YOU

that's a yes?