MaxxB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MaxxB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MaxxB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MaxxB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MaxxB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MaxxB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MaxxB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MaxxB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MaxxB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Beginner stuck on weights for months help please

I have been stuck on 30 pound dumbbells on the incline bench press for 2 months. The same goes for all of my chest exercises. Like flat bench press decline etc. I am a beginner, I have only been lifting for 4 months.

Any ideas on how i can move up in weight? I'm eating and sleeping well, but i just don't know why i'm stuck.

This is my routine for chest & triceps:

All for 3 sets of 12, 10, 8 reps

Incline dumbbell press
    Incline barbell press
    Flat barbell bench press
    Decline barbell bench press
    Decline pullover with dumbbells

Triceps:

All for 3 sets of 12, 10, 8 reps

Skull crushers
    bench dips
    rope pulldowns
    dumbbell overhead

The trainer in the gym gave me this routine to follow.

When i first joined the gym, i had another trainer which gave me a very good routine to start with. I was making good progress for just over 2 months, i put on good mass as well. but he left because of a private issue. And that was 2 months ago, since then I've basically been stuck on the same weights and not improving at all.

syflex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) syflex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) syflex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) syflex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) syflex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) syflex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) syflex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) syflex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) syflex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) syflex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) syflex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    change your routine, your body gets used to the routine if you do it for to long.
    stop with the incline barbell or dumbbell ( one of them ) also stop the pullovers and replace it with flies/crossovers and dips.
    maybe switch the decline bb with dumbbells.
    food should be nutrition, not filling of an empty stomach.

MaxxB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MaxxB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MaxxB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MaxxB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MaxxB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MaxxB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MaxxB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MaxxB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MaxxB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by syflex View Post
    change your routine, your body gets used to the routine if you do it for to long.
    stop with the incline barbell or dumbbell ( one of them ) also stop the pullovers and replace it with flies/crossovers and dips.
    maybe switch the decline bb with dumbbells.
    This routine was given to me only 2 weeks ago, but I've been doing the decline barbell bench press etc for well over 2 months. Thanks for the help, I just haven't been progressing for 2 months now.

AgentCOPP1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AgentCOPP1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AgentCOPP1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AgentCOPP1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AgentCOPP1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AgentCOPP1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AgentCOPP1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AgentCOPP1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AgentCOPP1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AgentCOPP1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AgentCOPP1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What the first guy said. If you do the same workouts over and over, you become conditioned to do those workouts. The point of muscle confusion is that you vary your exercises continuously. Try doing dumbell flys if you haven't before. That'll make you sore for sure. Also, how often are you doing chest workouts?

DreamChasing97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DreamChasing97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DreamChasing97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DreamChasing97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Like the first poster said change your routine. Look into 5x5 routines like ICF 5x5 or maybe babylovers ss and stick to one of those it'll help you a lot since you're a beginner

CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500)
    That's a lot of volume. You probably aren't able to handle the workload which leads to less progression. You've only been lifting for 4 months after all.

How much weight have you gained?
    My log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154949233

Originally Posted by AgentCOPP1 View Post
    What the first guy said. If you do the same workouts over and over, you become conditioned to do those workouts. The point of muscle confusion is that you vary your exercises continuously. Try doing dumbell flys if you haven't before. That'll make you sore for sure. Also, how often are you doing chest workouts?
    I do chest with tris, back with bis, shoulders with legs, then repeat. What about my sets and reps and what weight do i start with?

Originally Posted by CupcakeSquats View Post
    That's a lot of volume. You probably aren't able to handle the workload which leads to less progression. You've only been lifting for 4 months after all.

How much weight have you gained?
    I don't know, haven't checked. I was thinking the same thing, maybe too much pressing.