Closed Thread
    Registered User fitlifestylegal's Avatar
    fitlifestylegal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Ladies, your thoughts about birth control pills!

Hello everyone !

Here is my situation and my questions.

I have been on the birth control pills for many years in the past, but I stopped some time ago, before I started developing an intensive passion and dedication to fitness (a full year ago).

Now, I am thinking about taking back these daily birth control pills (for the obvious personal reason), but I am really concerned with the effect it will have on my body and my progress in fitness. In the past, I had gain some weight, not too much, but I always kind of resented it. I don't know if was a coincidental fact or a partly or complete causal effect from it.

I have mostly gain all the muscle mass I want in the last months. Now, I am mostly doing cardio and core training, although I still have a couple days of weight lifting because I love it and I do want to lose fat without sacrificing my muscle gains.

SO, how will the birth control pills be affecting my body, you think? I'm somewhat afraid to lose some muscle, and gain unwanted extra weight more easily than regularly. Please any kind of insights on your past or present experiences...!! Thank you so much in advance!

CaliSun is a name known to all. (+5000) CaliSun is a name known to all. (+5000) CaliSun is a name known to all. (+5000) CaliSun is a name known to all. (+5000) CaliSun is a name known to all. (+5000) CaliSun is a name known to all. (+5000) CaliSun is a name known to all. (+5000) CaliSun is a name known to all. (+5000) CaliSun is a name known to all. (+5000) CaliSun is a name known to all. (+5000) CaliSun is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by fitlifestylegal View Post
    Hello everyone !

I have been on the birth control pills for many years in the past, but I stopped some time ago, before I started developing an intensive passion and dedication to fitness (a full year ago).

Now, I am thinking about taking back these daily birth control pills (for the obvious personal reason), but I am really concerned with the effect it will have on my body and my progress in fitness. In the past, I had gain some weight, not too much, but I always kind of resented it. I don't know if was a coincidental fact or a partly or complete causal effect from it.

I have mostly gain all the muscle mass I want in the last months. Now, I am mostly doing cardio and core training, although I still have a couple days of weight lifting because I love it and I do want to lose fat without sacrificing my muscle gains.

SO, how will the birth control pills be affecting my body, you think? I'm somewhat afraid to lose some muscle, and gain unwanted extra weight more easily than regularly. Please any kind of insights on your past or present experiences...!! Thank you so much in advance!
    I think it really depends on the person, some people gain weight some people don't. I don't think you'd lose any muscle, you're boobs might grow a bit. But I started my fitness journey about a year and a half ago, I managed to lose a little over 20 lbs while still taking the pill. I don't think you have a whole lot to worry about.

Originally Posted by CaliSun View Post
    I think it really depends on the person, some people gain weight some people don't. I don't think you'd lose any muscle, you're boobs might grow a bit. But I started my fitness journey about a year and a half ago, I managed to lose a little over 20 lbs while still taking the pill. I don't think you have a whole lot to worry about.
    Thanks for you answer! My worries were also concerning the extra oestrogen dose the contraceptive pills imply, you know, versus testosterone we use (right?) for muscle mass gains..? ^_^

Anyways, I guess I'll just have go with it and test the effects on myself.
    Thank you again CaliSun!

Additional past experiences are welcomed to be shared !

esh83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) esh83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) esh83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) esh83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) esh83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) esh83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) esh83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) esh83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) esh83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) esh83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) esh83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I gained a little weight (5lbs) when i started the pill years ago but after my body adjusted, i havent had any problems trying to lose weight or gain muscle.

sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I have been on the pill for 20 years, it was initially prescribed for medical issues. By now my body's "normal" is on the pill. Once when my prescription got messed up and had to go a month without pill, I was sick as a dog, basically a month long PMS. For the past 5 years, I have been taking the pill continuously, no 1 week off out of 4, and it has worked great, I never have my period, so no PMS, no tampons, no crap, best thing ever.

As for pill and fitness, I just competed and I was on the pill the entire time. I lost 1lb a week like we planned to, so I don't think it hindered me.
    Follow my 2018 competition prep here:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175566421&p=1547462721#post1547462721

BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think everyone responds differently to the pill. Some lose weight, some gain weight, some don't change at all.

Talk with your gyno about your concerns, there are probably some pills out there that have less of the weight gain side effect.

Good luck

**I once was a fat little hippo... BubsNBean's journey back to healthy**
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170112133

msmonster0906 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msmonster0906 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msmonster0906 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msmonster0906 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msmonster0906 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msmonster0906 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msmonster0906 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msmonster0906 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msmonster0906 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msmonster0906 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msmonster0906 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Ive been on the pill a bit over 6 years never had issues. Maybe in the beginning I bloated for 3 months? After that once you get on a pill that works for you its great. No pms...I barely get my period anymore which has allowed me to cont to workout through the month bc before id be sooo miserable and crampy I couldnt do anything if I wanted to. When I first started the pill I was in college and had already gained the freshmen 15...I couldnt tell you if I gained weight specifically from the pill bc I was already getting big hahaha but anything you do gain is temp.

MCostley is a name known to all. (+5000) MCostley is a name known to all. (+5000) MCostley is a name known to all. (+5000) MCostley is a name known to all. (+5000) MCostley is a name known to all. (+5000) MCostley is a name known to all. (+5000) MCostley is a name known to all. (+5000) MCostley is a name known to all. (+5000) MCostley is a name known to all. (+5000) MCostley is a name known to all. (+5000) MCostley is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Everyone is different, and every pill is different. Unfortunatly, you will probably need to give the pill a few months to see if side effects subside - but I don't think weight will be that much of an issue! Good luck!

mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    +1 to all the pills are different, and we all react a little differently

I went with a non-hormonal option (copper IUD). No weight gain/boob gain/etc, but it hurt like f*** and I have much worse periods now. So, not sure that I'd recommend it.
    Instagram: @doctorv17

Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Weight gain with the pill is generally water weight and shouldn't really have an effect on muscle or fat. I also think it's unlikely that it would be detrimental to your training. I'm not on the pill any more and for me that probably causes more problems in terms of weight fluctuations. I have noticed that in the 2nd half of my cycle progesterone causes me to retain water like crazy. I never had this on the pill at all. My body didn't really do well on hormones so I prefer being off it... even if I have to put up with the cyclical fluctations in weight.

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Competed for years while taking the pill. Never had a any issues when it came to getting lean or adding muscle.

If you want to preserve your muscle while losing fat, you need to keep your focus on weight lifting...not cardio.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

Work In Progress PrncssAnnabell's Avatar
    PrncssAnnabell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I started the pill about 2 years ago for medical reasons and never gained weight from it. My sister gained a lot of weight on the Depo shot but not the pill so maybe the type of contraceptive makes a difference as well.
    Originally Posted by sy2502 View Post
    I have been on the pill for 20 years, it was initially prescribed for medical issues. By now my body's "normal" is on the pill. Once when my prescription got messed up and had to go a month without pill, I was sick as a dog, basically a month long PMS. For the past 5 years, I have been taking the pill continuously, no 1 week off out of 4, and it has worked great, I never have my period, so no PMS, no tampons, no crap, best thing ever.

As for pill and fitness, I just competed and I was on the pill the entire time. I lost 1lb a week like we planned to, so I don't think it hindered me.
    I take the pill continuously for 3 months and get my period on the 4th because my doctor said you shouldn't go longer than 6 months without your period. Wondering what your doctor has said about this, if anything, sy2502?
    If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write something worth reading or do things worth writing ~ Benjamin Franklin

esh83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) esh83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) esh83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) esh83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) esh83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) esh83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) esh83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) esh83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) esh83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) esh83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) esh83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by PrncssAnnabell View Post
    I take the pill continuously for 3 months and get my period on the 4th because my doctor said you shouldn't go longer than 6 months without your period. Wondering what your doctor has said about this, if anything, sy2502?

chiming in..

my doctor has me on the pill nonstop too, going on 3 years now... During that week off, my period would be lighter or no period at all, but i would still have horrible cramps (the hurt so bad it makes you puke kind). I have no underlying issues such as cysts that would cause that extreme pain. So i was concerned about not getting a period but My doc told me it wasnt necessary to have a one. Since i started going nonstop with the pill (was on Loestrin 24 and now its Minastrin 24), i have been feeling great. i agree with sy2502, its the best thing ever lol.

Wow, thank you each and everyone of you for sharing your thoughts and experiences! The women who said they competed while taking the pills especially reassure me! i'll be getting back taking them and see how it goes. Thanks!

cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hello everyone !

I've been on the pill since about August, and have not had any "adverse" side effects in terms of weight gain/etc. Currently I'm having some period issues (long, heavy and early), but I'm not sure if it has to do with the BC. Regardless I haven't gained weight and my muscle gains have been good, so I doubt the pill has any effect on that.

Either way I say go for it. They won't affect your body..the whole weight gain myth is a rumor. As long as you keep your calories in check, as normal, you won't spontaneously gain weight from the pill other then some bloating here or there maybe.

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I've been on for 13 or so years and I've been able to gain muscle and cut to uber low BF levels multiple times. If you're consistent it shouldn't make the much of a difference in your rate of progress.
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171008551&pagenumber=

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139228463

Bulking: Let's Get Fluffy Pinskers's Avatar
    Pinskers is just really nice. (+1000) Pinskers is just really nice. (+1000) Pinskers is just really nice. (+1000) Pinskers is just really nice. (+1000) Pinskers is just really nice. (+1000) Pinskers is just really nice. (+1000) Pinskers is just really nice. (+1000) Pinskers is just really nice. (+1000) Pinskers is just really nice. (+1000) Pinskers is just really nice. (+1000) Pinskers is just really nice. (+1000)
    I used to take the pill to control my period for Type 1 Von Willebrand's Disease (think heavy flow for a month/pack of pads a day kind of period--I became very anemic very quickly). However, around the time I picked up exercising, my period began to control itself and I stopped taking any form of birth control (Though while not exactly intentional, I've been celibate for the past 23 years, so it's just one less pill for me to take). That being said, I remember having a lot of bleed through and one brand even caused me to lactate, though I never experienced the usual side effects like weight gain other than acne.

sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Wow, thank you each and everyone of you for sharing your thoughts and experiences! The women who said they competed while taking the pills especially reassure me! i'll be getting back taking them and see how it goes. Thanks!
    By all means, please do keep in mind we are all different, and different women react differently.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175566421&p=1547462721#post1547462721

superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by esh83 View Post
    So i was concerned about not getting a period but My doc told me it wasnt necessary to have a one. Since i started going nonstop with the pill (was on Loestrin 24 and now its Minastrin 24), i have been feeling great. i agree with sy2502, its the best thing ever lol.

Just wanted to add that the reason for this is because when you are on the pill you don't actually even have a real period. It's just "withdrawal bleeding" from not taking the hormones for that week.
    Someone once told me the definition of hell- Your last day on earth, the person you become meets the person you could have become.

~My Lifting Diary~ http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158933283

DjinnMarie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DjinnMarie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DjinnMarie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DjinnMarie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DjinnMarie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DjinnMarie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DjinnMarie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DjinnMarie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DjinnMarie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DjinnMarie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DjinnMarie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Keep in mind that not all pills are the same. People generally gain the most weight with progesterone only birth control (depo, iud are the most common). Different pills have different formulas. I think the birth control patch has the highest amount of estrogen. Most pills are a combination of estrogen and progesterone. Give one brand a try, and if it's not working out for you, don't be afraid to try something different.

I've heard ortho tricyclen low is a good one to try for anybody that is sensitive to birth control. (Like getting migraines and such)
    Trots Suid-Afrikaans

Originally Posted by DjinnMarie View Post
    Keep in mind that not all pills are the same. People generally gain the most weight with progesterone only birth control (depo, iud are the most common). Different pills have different formulas. I think the birth control patch has the highest amount of estrogen. Most pills are a combination of estrogen and progesterone. Give one brand a try, and if it's not working out for you, don't be afraid to try something different.

I've heard ortho tricyclen low is a good one to try for anybody that is sensitive to birth control. (Like getting migraines and such)
    Excellent point! Also there's a difference on how the body can react between the 3-phase pill (the one with pills of 3 different colors) and the 1-phase pills in which all pills have the same amount of hormones. That's why it's crucial to work with your doctor and be willing to experiment a little until you find something that works for you.

dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by DjinnMarie View Post

I can confirm about the patch.. that's what I'm on... on it for 10 years now, and my doctor told me that it (either contains or adds.. don't remember which) 60% more estrogen into your body.. I like the patch though because I hated remembering taking a single pill at the same time every day, so it's a convenience in that sense.. I'm not sure if I actually gained a ton of water weight from being on it since I was so young when I started taking it (for medical reasons... TMI, but imagine 2 week long painful periods, or ones that happen twice a month! yikes!)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?

Bulk to Bikini Journal: t=159898911&p=1200540751#post1200540751
    ANSI (Closed): t=160616381&p=1216623541#post1216623541
    TSN (Closed): t=160616811&p=1216631611#post1216631611

Runner1126 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I highly recommend the IUD for you. The IUD is the most underused form of birth control in the United States. PM if you want. I'm a medical provider.

Gatorgirl03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gatorgirl03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gatorgirl03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gatorgirl03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gatorgirl03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gatorgirl03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gatorgirl03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gatorgirl03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gatorgirl03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gatorgirl03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gatorgirl03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am on BC, daily pill and it has increased my appetite but for me that is a positive thing. Before I could literally eat two bites of something and I would be full. Now I eat 3 small meals a day and snacks in between and I have much more energy throughout the day. Like others have said, in the beginning it is normal to gain water weight and be somewhat bloated, but it should eventually level out. Some girls I know have lost weight being on BC. I feel like even if there is an increase in appetite, as long as you eat healthy and workout you should be fine. You really just have to see what works for you because every woman's body will react differently to different types.

ChelaBella will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChelaBella will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChelaBella will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChelaBella will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChelaBella will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChelaBella will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChelaBella will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChelaBella will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChelaBella will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChelaBella will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChelaBella will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yup gonna depend on the pill and how your body will react. my first time taking them, forgot the name but was recommended by friends b/c supposedly did not affect them as far as bloating and hormonal issues... but i was so bloated so had to change up...the other ones i took did not make me gain weight at all even tho some people i have reported weight gain on them so i guess it really just depends...i have heard a lot of good things about the patch like others have suggested.
    "Yesterday is history, Tomorrow a Mystery, but today, Today is a gift, that's why it's called the Present"
    ~live love lift

*Stripe shirts to gym crew*
    *Non gym clothes to gym crew*
    *Yankees and beats crew*

sassygirl1217 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just started back on BC pills last month and I have noticed that I have been retaining a lot of water and lack motivation....my doc told me that it would take me at least a month to get used to the pill. So far though I haven't lost any muscle...just really emotional.

lowedown will become famous soon enough. (+50) lowedown will become famous soon enough. (+50) lowedown will become famous soon enough. (+50) lowedown will become famous soon enough. (+50) lowedown will become famous soon enough. (+50) lowedown will become famous soon enough. (+50) lowedown will become famous soon enough. (+50) lowedown will become famous soon enough. (+50) lowedown will become famous soon enough. (+50) lowedown will become famous soon enough. (+50) lowedown will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Runner1126 View Post
    I highly recommend the IUD for you. The IUD is the most underused form of birth control in the United States. PM if you want. I'm a medical provider.
    but it can also be a significantly more expensive option than the pill, depending on insurance. I am not a MP; I'm just disappointed by my healthcare coverage.

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have never had a monthly cycle. In my 20s I was out on BC to normalize my period.

I went off them after 6 months. I actually *felt* the effects of the hormones, if that makes any sense.

I used a diaphragm and then later, a non-hormonal IUD to prevent pregnancy
    Sheriff John Brown always hated me
    For what I don't know
    Every time I plant a seed
    He said kill them before they grow

Runner1126 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Are you in the U.S.? Under Obamacare, every insurance company must cover one kind of each birth control method for $0. I tried to link you to an article about it but I don't currently have enough posts to do that. And remember, IUD's last from 5 to 10 years, depending on which you get.

Originally Posted by lowedown View Post
    but it can also be a significantly more expensive option than the pill, depending on insurance. I am not a MP; I'm just disappointed by my healthcare coverage.