Closed Thread
Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    Bodybuild3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bodybuild3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bodybuild3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bodybuild3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bodybuild3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bodybuild3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bodybuild3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bodybuild3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bodybuild3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bodybuild3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bodybuild3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by NVious View Post
    I wouldn't ever change myself for others, I mean maybe you could moderate yourself if you're screwing yourself over, but being a cheeky kunt has always worked out well for me.
    This. Just know how to act around girls and guys, everyone acts differently when they are just with their friends. I wouldn't be against you not saying dirty jokes in front of girls, I would say that is a good change.
    Donate to St. Jude: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173739861&page=1

Log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173801781

KingofLifts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KingofLifts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KingofLifts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KingofLifts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KingofLifts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KingofLifts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KingofLifts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KingofLifts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KingofLifts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KingofLifts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KingofLifts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm in for this. I have been ridiculously undisciplined in almost every aspect of my life for months now. My sleep habits are horrible, eating habits are down the toilet, my dream of being a college athlete in track is starting to disappear, and I've lost so much motivation for everything. This is a slippery slope I really don't want to travel.

Guys, how can I change this? I have literally lost my "why" for everything. It's almost like I've become apathetic to my own life. I recognize the potential in myself, but body just doesn't want do anything about it.

Reps to anyone with helpful tips!
    *Reps everyone who negs crew*
    *Track Crew*

ijjy is just really nice. (+1000) ijjy is just really nice. (+1000) ijjy is just really nice. (+1000) ijjy is just really nice. (+1000) ijjy is just really nice. (+1000) ijjy is just really nice. (+1000) ijjy is just really nice. (+1000) ijjy is just really nice. (+1000) ijjy is just really nice. (+1000) ijjy is just really nice. (+1000) ijjy is just really nice. (+1000)
    subbed
    ΦΔΘ

u mirin bruh?

i rep back

NVious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NVious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NVious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NVious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NVious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NVious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NVious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NVious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NVious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NVious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NVious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by KingofLifts View Post
    I'm in for this. I have been ridiculously undisciplined in almost every aspect of my life for months now. My sleep habits are horrible, eating habits are down the toilet, my dream of being a college athlete in track is starting to disappear, and I've lost so much motivation for everything. This is a slippery slope I really don't want to travel.

Guys, how can I change this? I have literally lost my "why" for everything. It's almost like I've become apathetic to my own life. I recognize the potential in myself, but body just doesn't want do anything about it.

Reps to anyone with helpful tips!
    Fix the easiest things first (sleep sched, cleaning up diet) and expand outwardly.

Bottom line is this: You either do what it takes to be great or you say "my dreams aren't worth it" and lead the lemming life.

KingofLifts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KingofLifts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KingofLifts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KingofLifts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KingofLifts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KingofLifts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KingofLifts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KingofLifts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KingofLifts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KingofLifts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KingofLifts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Fix the easiest things first (sleep sched, cleaning up diet) and expand outwardly.

Bottom line is this: You either do what it takes to be great or you say "my dreams aren't worth it" and lead the lemming life.

Problem is, I have had that kind of ambition and discipline. I was doing so damn well 9 months ago. I literally felt on top of the world. I just want to get back to that. I felt like the possibilities were endless. Now it's a feeling of general apathy. Just emptiness. None of my old hobbies excite me as much anymore. It's weird as hell man.

Thanks for the tip about expanding outwards. After this week, I'll get to catch up on sleep. I've been super busy with school and work, it's wrecking my actual workouts.
    *Track Crew*

NVious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NVious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NVious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NVious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NVious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NVious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NVious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NVious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NVious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NVious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NVious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Problem is, I have had that kind of ambition and discipline. I was doing so damn well 9 months ago. I literally felt on top of the world. I just want to get back to that. I felt like the possibilities were endless. Now it's a feeling of general apathy. Just emptiness. None of my old hobbies excite me as much anymore. It's weird as hell man.

Thanks for the tip about expanding outwards. After this week, I'll get to catch up on sleep. I've been super busy with school and work, it's wrecking my actual workouts.
    When did you first notice this feeling?

Did it coincide anything else happening in your life?

Did everything PROGRESSIVELY stop for you or was it seemingly overnight?

ThinkAboutThis is just really nice. (+1000) ThinkAboutThis is just really nice. (+1000) ThinkAboutThis is just really nice. (+1000) ThinkAboutThis is just really nice. (+1000) ThinkAboutThis is just really nice. (+1000) ThinkAboutThis is just really nice. (+1000) ThinkAboutThis is just really nice. (+1000) ThinkAboutThis is just really nice. (+1000) ThinkAboutThis is just really nice. (+1000) ThinkAboutThis is just really nice. (+1000) ThinkAboutThis is just really nice. (+1000)

Stop thinking so much and just ACT. Force yourself to do things that will benefit you (wake up early every day, eat healthily, brush your teeth/wash your face, work out hard, take dem vitamins, etc) and don't overthink things

Registered User GbyeSweetPrince's Avatar
    GbyeSweetPrince will become famous soon enough. (+50) GbyeSweetPrince will become famous soon enough. (+50) GbyeSweetPrince will become famous soon enough. (+50) GbyeSweetPrince will become famous soon enough. (+50) GbyeSweetPrince will become famous soon enough. (+50) GbyeSweetPrince will become famous soon enough. (+50) GbyeSweetPrince will become famous soon enough. (+50) GbyeSweetPrince will become famous soon enough. (+50) GbyeSweetPrince will become famous soon enough. (+50) GbyeSweetPrince will become famous soon enough. (+50) GbyeSweetPrince will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Sup Brahs!

So I have been struggling to make money for years now, got myself 2 degrees, qualified as a lawyer but its a real struggle for the first few years but even when I started my career as a lawyer in 2012 (self-employed barrister in Ireland so its a huge struggle financially for years) I enrolled in night college in a specific area of law. After applying and applying and applying to opportunities, I hit it huge and got into a "Top 5" law firm over here. I started 5 weeks ago and so my financial troubles are now no more for the rest of my life. It's a great feeling. Of course, Im still broke at the moment paying off my debts etc.

So....

2014 is going to be my year. It's a year of my improvement. I think educationally I am there, but I'm lacking on a lot more. So here is my list for this year:

Get my own apartment. (Will be moving into this in about 6-8 weeks)
    Get my stupid tattoo removed (Got my first laser today)
    Tidy up my teeth (they arent too bad, a tiny bit of overcrowding and I think a brace for a couple of months will make a huge improvement - consultation this week)
    Work hard on the body/physique (Joined a gym about a year ago but it was difficult to go with my previous job, it was sporadic to say the least. Now with this new job, I get to go at lunch a decent few times a week and get to eat exactly what I want because I bring lunch into work)
    New wardrobe (This comes with the new job's finances - I havent been able to buy nice stuff in so long, but got myself a ridiculously expensive CK polo today and I will just gradually buy things throughout the year).

So basically, its a year of health and aesthetic improvements for me.

Now; here's the stupid part (or is it) - Im trying to avoid getting a girlfriend right now, Im 28 and feel like its time to settle down almost and find a nice lady but I'm thinking, if I make all the above improvements throughout the year, then on "the scale" as in a 1=10 scale I will surely move up one place. So, by that logic, I should be able to acquire a lady one place higher on the scale. So its worth holding out until next year to get myself a girl. Besides, nobody is going to go near me with a mouth of metal!!

Cliffs;

read the whole post or dont, what do I care!

When did you first notice this feeling?

Did it coincide anything else happening in your life?

Did everything PROGRESSIVELY stop for you or was it seemingly overnight?
    Nothing really that I can think of. I just stopped caring.

It happened progressively, and it's been a long slump.

Originally Posted by ThinkAboutThis View Post
    Stop thinking so much and just ACT. Force yourself to do things that will benefit you (wake up early every day, eat healthily, brush your teeth/wash your face, work out hard, take dem vitamins, etc) and don't overthink things
    It's not that I'm overthinking things my man, it's just that I don't seem to care. I don't have the natural motivation I had months ago.

I totally understand what you are saying though. I just need to build my habits up again.
    *Track Crew*

Nothing really that I can think of. I just stopped caring.

It happened progressively, and it's been a long slump.

It's not that I'm overthinking things my man, it's just that I don't seem to care. I don't have the natural motivation I had months ago.

I totally understand what you are saying though. I just need to build my habits up again.
    Well then find what you DO care about and do that.

Don't waste anymore time focusing on things you don't truly care about because sooner or later this WILL repeat.

NWDub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NWDub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NWDub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NWDub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NWDub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NWDub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NWDub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NWDub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NWDub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NWDub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NWDub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    anyone have any good audio books/books that they recommend? Looking for something good to listen to this week on the commutes/working out
    yolo
    tuf

pusspuss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pusspuss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pusspuss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pusspuss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pusspuss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pusspuss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pusspuss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pusspuss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pusspuss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pusspuss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pusspuss is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by NWDub View Post
    anyone have any good audio books/books that they recommend? Looking for something good to listen to this week on the commutes/working out
    If you want an easy but pep read you should try Richard Carlson's Don't Sweat the Small Stuff and It's All Small Stuff. Short, sweet and to the point chapters makes it perfect for commuting.
    SC: sofetchie

SwiftRick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwiftRick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwiftRick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwiftRick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwiftRick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwiftRick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwiftRick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwiftRick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwiftRick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwiftRick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwiftRick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    In. and subbed.
    SwiftRick is a fictional character

AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Forgive me if this has already been discussed (I haven't read every page yet), but has anybody else here read Think and Grow Rich?

This is by far the best self-improvement book I have read. While I wasn't all that impressed the first time I read it, I decided to give it another go studying every line carefully, highlighting and taking notes on things as well as doing the activities it suggests. It has definitely changed my mindset, and I am confident that I have discovered the 'secret' that is mentioned in the introduction.

The Alchemist
    Kybalion
    Definitive Book of Body Language
    Art of learning
    How Leaders Speak

Bodybuild3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bodybuild3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bodybuild3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bodybuild3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bodybuild3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bodybuild3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bodybuild3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bodybuild3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bodybuild3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bodybuild3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bodybuild3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Mastery by Robert Greene

http://www.pinterest.com/elliotthuls...n-reading-lis/
    Donate to St. Jude: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173739861&page=1

Log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173801781

ThinkAboutThis is just really nice. (+1000) ThinkAboutThis is just really nice. (+1000) ThinkAboutThis is just really nice. (+1000) ThinkAboutThis is just really nice. (+1000) ThinkAboutThis is just really nice. (+1000) ThinkAboutThis is just really nice. (+1000) ThinkAboutThis is just really nice. (+1000) ThinkAboutThis is just really nice. (+1000) ThinkAboutThis is just really nice. (+1000) ThinkAboutThis is just really nice. (+1000) ThinkAboutThis is just really nice. (+1000)
    rise and shine

DomainMaster is just really nice. (+1000) DomainMaster is just really nice. (+1000) DomainMaster is just really nice. (+1000) DomainMaster is just really nice. (+1000) DomainMaster is just really nice. (+1000) DomainMaster is just really nice. (+1000) DomainMaster is just really nice. (+1000) DomainMaster is just really nice. (+1000) DomainMaster is just really nice. (+1000) DomainMaster is just really nice. (+1000) DomainMaster is just really nice. (+1000)
    In!!

I have no idea what I am going to do with my life. I have thought of going into trades but I don't like the work environment, it's not that I can't do physical labor, I have been doing it my whole life, it's just that everything I read about them makes it seem like you have to constantly be relocating to different sites and working long unpredictable hours. I would prefer a set schedule. I love my current job working at a warehouse, the job isn't stressful, the bosses are cool and my employees are great. I just wish it paid me more than $15 dollars an hour.

I have a passion for nutrition but I hate school. I wasted so much time and money on college because I didn't put in the effort, and failed to take many necessary courses because of social anxiety. I have friends but I don't go out much because I don't do the typical partying and drinking. People always ask me how I am able to have fun without alcohol, and I am starting to think they are right.

The only thing in the world that makes me feel free is playing soccer. My whole life revolves around it. When I go out its to play soccer. When I am confident, is when I play soccer. When I am depressed, it's because I play bad soccer. I am starting to think it's an obsession. But now all that has been shattered, because I tore my acl, lcl, and meniscus, and I know soccer will never be the same again. I was taken away from the only thing that makes me feel alive.

SpartacusNYC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SpartacusNYC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SpartacusNYC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SpartacusNYC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SpartacusNYC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SpartacusNYC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SpartacusNYC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SpartacusNYC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SpartacusNYC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SpartacusNYC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SpartacusNYC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DomainMaster View Post
    In!!

I have no idea what I am going to do with my life. I have thought of going into trades but I don't like the work environment, it's not that I can't do physical labor, I have been doing it my whole life, it's just that everything I read about them makes it seem like you have to constantly be relocating to different sites and working long unpredictable hours. I would prefer a set schedule. I love my current job working at a warehouse, the job isn't stressful, the bosses are cool and my employees are great. I just wish it paid me more than $15 dollars an hour.

I have a passion for nutrition but I hate school. I wasted so much time and money on college because I didn't put in the effort, and failed to take many necessary courses because of social anxiety. I have friends but I don't go out much because I don't do the typical partying and drinking. People always ask me how I am able to have fun without alcohol, and I am starting to think they are right.

The only thing in the world that makes me feel free is playing soccer. My whole life revolves around it. When I go out its to play soccer. When I am confident, is when I play soccer. When I am depressed, it's because I play bad soccer. I am starting to think it's an obsession. But now all that has been shattered, because I tore my acl, lcl, and meniscus, and I know soccer will never be the same again. I was taken away from the only thing that makes me feel alive.
    Set schedule that involves soccer? Ever think about being a HS teacher and soccer coach?

Hagakure31 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hagakure31 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hagakure31 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hagakure31 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hagakure31 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hagakure31 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hagakure31 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hagakure31 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hagakure31 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hagakure31 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hagakure31 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Sup brahs!

Have had a really, really bad couple months.

- Met up with a chick yesterday, had an awesome time. She texted me this morning "I had a lot of fun yesterday " sweet.

- Put another $500 into my savings account

<--- Gonna make it.
    sober brah

Lowkeii is just really nice. (+1000) Lowkeii is just really nice. (+1000) Lowkeii is just really nice. (+1000) Lowkeii is just really nice. (+1000) Lowkeii is just really nice. (+1000) Lowkeii is just really nice. (+1000) Lowkeii is just really nice. (+1000) Lowkeii is just really nice. (+1000) Lowkeii is just really nice. (+1000) Lowkeii is just really nice. (+1000) Lowkeii is just really nice. (+1000)
    In on this
    ***Canadian Crew***
    ***Recycle Crew***
    ***MISC Strength Crew***

I believe in morality, which is doing what is right regardless of what I'm told... Not in religion, which is doing what I'm told regardless of what is right.

Squat - 355x3
    Deadlift - 425x2
    Bench - 265x3
    Clean/press - 205x2

SwiftRick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwiftRick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwiftRick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwiftRick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwiftRick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwiftRick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwiftRick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwiftRick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwiftRick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwiftRick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwiftRick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    One thing I'd like to add is watch how animals cling to life because they know how precious it is, and it is something we often always take for granted.

We're all dealt with chitty cards, but it's what we make of life. You see all these dogs, cats, pets go through abuse day in and day out, but they don't try to commit suicide. They keep fighting until they get that second chance.

I'm a manlet. Hated myself in high school and freshman year in college because I was so short. Everyone towered me. Then I got into BBoying. I found out my height was perfect for breakdancing and doing power moves. Not that I'll ever be a professional with it but it's something that I can do and be good at.
    SwiftRick is a fictional character

Originally Posted by SwiftRick View Post
    One thing I'd like to add is watch how animals cling to life because they know how precious it is, and it is something we often always take for granted.

We're all dealt with chitty cards, but it's what we make of life. You see all these dogs, cats, pets go through abuse day in and day out, but they don't try to commit suicide. They keep fighting until they get that second chance.

I'm a manlet. Hated myself in high school and freshman year in college because I was so short. Everyone towered me. Then I got into BBoying. I found out my height was perfect for breakdancing and doing power moves. Not that I'll ever be a professional with it but it's something that I can do and be good at.
    Objectivity>everything.

Lettuce be reality, yes we do all go through our own struggles, but relative to people who don't even have their BASIC necessities covered....well our struggles ain't THAT bad.

I actually wrote this thread a while ago that covers a lot of this stuff:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...post1162424303

Originally Posted by SwiftRick View Post

That's the way to be. Great ****ing post

Woke up for work at 6 AM.. Now heading to the gym.. Working to be the me I should be.. let's go

woodsmash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) woodsmash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) woodsmash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) woodsmash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) woodsmash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) woodsmash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) woodsmash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) woodsmash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) woodsmash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) woodsmash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) woodsmash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Crazy how much of a difference your day is when you wake up earlier than usual

Originally Posted by woodsmash View Post
    Crazy how much of a difference your day is when you wake up earlier than usual
    Seriously, man. Used to hear my alarm and just say "fuk it" and go back to sleep.. Now I force myself to get up and the day lasts so much longer.. The mornings are so peaceful

Renegadegod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Renegadegod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Renegadegod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Renegadegod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Renegadegod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Renegadegod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Renegadegod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Renegadegod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Renegadegod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Renegadegod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Renegadegod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    In. I need to get more motivated to study.

Just got out of the shower after another crazyyy workout, literally just killing it lately. One of the keys to my drive? I have just been putting in work and telling NOBODY! Obviously I have discussed the things I've been doing in here.. But what is the misc for, after all

i'm just an aspiring role model