chicagobulls23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Calf is either super sore/injured

Came back from winter break and I hit legs pretty hard, since I didn't get too many chances to work out legs over break. I did barbell squat, lunges, goblet squat, weighted calf raises. Next day, my legs and calves were really sore, but it just seemed like normal soreness and I could still walk and run pretty normally. 2 days after, my right calf is ridiculously sore. I have to walk on tip toe on my right foot because I simply can't put the back of my feet flat on the ground. It feels unnatural and strenuous to try to do so. I googled around and found some people with similar problems and it seemed like major soreness. Has anyone else had this problem and should I see a doctor or just wait it out?

Thanks

Kanexyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kanexyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kanexyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kanexyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kanexyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kanexyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kanexyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kanexyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kanexyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kanexyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kanexyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    cannot really tell.

It sounds like it just a normal sore from workout. when you have a pain in calves it's normally feel that way.

but I cannot guarantee if you are not injured, but if your calves is swollen or have sometime suspicious, then it probably just a normal sore.

wait for 3-4 days, if it's not better then you can go see doctor.

JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by chicagobulls23 View Post
    Came back from winter break and I hit legs pretty hard, since I didn't get too many chances to work out legs over break. I did barbell squat, lunges, goblet squat, weighted calf raises. Next day, my legs and calves were really sore, but it just seemed like normal soreness and I could still walk and run pretty normally. 2 days after, my right calf is ridiculously sore. I have to walk on tip toe on my right foot because I simply can't put the back of my feet flat on the ground. It feels unnatural and strenuous to try to do so. I googled around and found some people with similar problems and it seemed like major soreness. Has anyone else had this problem and should I see a doctor or just wait it out?

Thanks
    I would wait a couple days and see if the soreness goes away. I injured my calve and had to stop all calve exercises for a few months, I was boxing and put pressure on it in the boxing ring and injured it again. You can try massaging it and just not straining it to let it heal, if indeed it is strained or a muscle knot in it. Mine felt like a hole was in my calve. Foaming roll and tennis ball fricton massage and trigger point therapy really helped mine
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

Online coaching avilable
    ******** Great Physique Fitness https://www.********.com/Great-Physique-Fitness-575323199169735/?ref=hl
    Twitter SmetonFitness https://twitter.com/SmetonFitness
    Instagram https://www.instagram.com/great_physique_fitness/?hl=en

RikkiG will become famous soon enough. (+50) RikkiG will become famous soon enough. (+50) RikkiG will become famous soon enough. (+50) RikkiG will become famous soon enough. (+50) RikkiG will become famous soon enough. (+50) RikkiG will become famous soon enough. (+50) RikkiG will become famous soon enough. (+50) RikkiG will become famous soon enough. (+50) RikkiG will become famous soon enough. (+50) RikkiG will become famous soon enough. (+50) RikkiG will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I am actually experiencing the same exact thing brah. I went crazy training calves two days ago. It wasn't too bad yesterday, but today I was limping the whole day. It's especially sore on my left calf to the point of not being able to put any weight on my toes. I assume that it's because my left calf is behind in strength.

I wouldn't worry about it. Just give it a few extra days to rest.
    Gym PRs:
    Bench: 225 lbs x1
    OHP: 115 lbs x5
    Squat: 325x2
    Deadlift: 350x2

Meet PRs:
    330/231/374

Lifting Videos
    IG: thatberikki

chicagobulls23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You guys were right, it was just sore. Ha to limp walk for like 4 days but it is basically completely normal now.