Thread: Routines

Fperez08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Routines

I have been working out for a while but I have never really had a routine. Any suggestions on routines I should do?

repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Fperez08 View Post
    I have been working out for a while but I have never really had a routine. Any suggestions on routines I should do?
    Depends entirely on your goals, experience and preferences - so it's hard to say without more information.
    Change what you do and you'll change who you are.

Originally Posted by repsandsets View Post
    Depends entirely on your goals, experience and preferences - so it's hard to say without more information.
    Well I weight 173 my goal is to get toned and six pack but not big. My experience is at home workouts with dumbbells but just got a gym membership.

repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Well I weight 173 my goal is to get toned and six pack but not big. My experience is at home workouts with dumbbells but just got a gym membership.
    Need to know height as well as weight - are you looking to reduce your body fat? This is usually required for a six pack, in which case it's worth checking out the nutrition stickies - the old adage is true, a six pack is made in the kitchen.

I think you should be starting with a whole body routine - initially focussing on the resistance machines at your gym, in the 12-15 rep range. As your body adjusts, you'll want to regularly adapt your routine, bringing down the reps, increasing the resistance and introducing more free weights.

If you're a new member of the gym, they will probably offer you a free gym induction, and get you started with an introductory program.

Good luck!
    Change what you do and you'll change who you are.

Originally Posted by repsandsets View Post
    Need to know height as well as weight - are you looking to reduce your body fat? This is usually required for a six pack, in which case it's worth checking out the nutrition stickies - the old adage is true, a six pack is made in the kitchen.

I think you should be starting with a whole body routine - initially focussing on the resistance machines at your gym, in the 12-15 rep range. As your body adjusts, you'll want to regularly adapt your routine, bringing down the reps, increasing the resistance and introducing more free weights.

If you're a new member of the gym, they will probably offer you a free gym induction, and get you started with an introductory program.

Good luck!
    Thank you this helps a lot . Oh btw I'm 5'7

PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    The biggest thing for that is diet. A good program for being on while dieting is All Pro's -
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=155009423