Registered User IripOffYourFace's Avatar
    IripOffYourFace is not very well liked. (-100) IripOffYourFace is not very well liked. (-100) IripOffYourFace is not very well liked. (-100) IripOffYourFace is not very well liked. (-100) IripOffYourFace is not very well liked. (-100) IripOffYourFace is not very well liked. (-100) IripOffYourFace is not very well liked. (-100) IripOffYourFace is not very well liked. (-100) IripOffYourFace is not very well liked. (-100) IripOffYourFace is not very well liked. (-100) IripOffYourFace is not very well liked. (-100)

1 round of tabata good enough for fat loss?

I read on the net from the official site that 1 round which is 4 mins long is good enough for fat loss but i am sure you must be 100% during each workout.

Yet on other sites they do like 4 rounds of tabata to make the entire workout last 20 mins.

Firstly which one is correct? The 100% effort thing might be an issue cos well some ppl don't put in 100% not becasue they don't want to but probably because they don't know. Like sometimes when i do tabata i slow down cos i am tired but probably might be able to do it without breaking a pace but you know probably didn't want to push myself too hard.

loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Tabata doesn't burn fat...
    "There is no reason to be alive if you can't do deadlift"

-Jón Páll Sigmarsson

Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz
    Tabata doesn't burn fat...
    Eat the damn yolk.

celtic723 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) celtic723 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) celtic723 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) celtic723 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) celtic723 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) celtic723 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) celtic723 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) celtic723 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) celtic723 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) celtic723 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) celtic723 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Tabata doesn't burn fat!

Pineapple does. heuheuhuhehuhe
    *Cutting for life crew*
    *More negs for being fat than giving bad advice crew*

Ego = 1/Knowledge "More the knowledge lesser the Ego, lesser the knowledge, more the Ego" - Albert Einstein

Dec 1st 2013 - 231lbs
    Feb 10th 2014 -209lbs

GOAL: 180lbs

orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I do cycle of 20/10 Tabata intervals for 8-10 rounds, or 4-5 minutes. I go all out, and will do either a heavy bag or a sledgehammer swing on a tire. I read the official site too and follow that.

I do it more for some kind of cardio workout and for something to do on off days (I usually train a 4x/week upper lower). I do not really count on it to burn calories, although I guess I get some kind of miniscule amount added to the overall deficit (I rely on reduction of calorie intake for the deficit, not whatever unknowable number of calories I burn for a particular activity). It's fast and makes me feel that I got some kind of workout for the day.

Registered User IripOffYourFace's Avatar
    IripOffYourFace is not very well liked. (-100) IripOffYourFace is not very well liked. (-100) IripOffYourFace is not very well liked. (-100) IripOffYourFace is not very well liked. (-100) IripOffYourFace is not very well liked. (-100) IripOffYourFace is not very well liked. (-100) IripOffYourFace is not very well liked. (-100) IripOffYourFace is not very well liked. (-100) IripOffYourFace is not very well liked. (-100) IripOffYourFace is not very well liked. (-100) IripOffYourFace is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by orangegoblin View Post
    I do cycle of 20/10 Tabata intervals for 8-10 rounds, or 4-5 minutes. I go all out, and will do either a heavy bag or a sledgehammer swing on a tire. I read the official site too and follow that.

I do it more for some kind of cardio workout and for something to do on off days (I usually train a 4x/week upper lower). I do not really count on it to burn calories, although I guess I get some kind of miniscule amount added to the overall deficit (I rely on reduction of calorie intake for the deficit, not whatever unknowable number of calories I burn for a particular activity). It's fast and makes me feel that I got some kind of workout for the day.
    Many ppl just cannot believe it takes 4 mins and what about those that do a few rounds.

DarkSideHome is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkSideHome is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkSideHome is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkSideHome is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkSideHome is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkSideHome is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkSideHome is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkSideHome is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkSideHome is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkSideHome is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkSideHome is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I use Tabata to increase my heart rate (dare I say artificially) before doing weight lifting. But a single round is like a fifth of a proper HIIT workout (those average 20mins) so i wouldn't say that a single round is sufficient to count as an entire HIIT workout.

orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Those who want to do more should do so, then.

If some think they are hitting all-out intensity for 30 minutes of 20/10 intervals, then good for them.