lexytiara has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

New here protein shake question and when to workout

Hi there sorry if this is the wrong place but i am totally new to all of this. I am starting Jamie Eason training program soon and I generally eat every few hours as it is but I plan on working out in the morning after breakfast and I know she says to add protein after you workout within 30 mins so I was going to do protein shake. Would I have this and still have my mid morning snack an hour or so later??

swasson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) swasson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) swasson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) swasson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) swasson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) swasson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I'm new to all this also, and I'm on week three of Jamie's program. A friend of mine introduced me to everything - she is a competitor. Apparently you're supposed to consume your protein shake as soon as you get off the gym floor. You're supposed to eat within an hour of your work out

CajunSpecial will become famous soon enough. (+50) CajunSpecial will become famous soon enough. (+50) CajunSpecial will become famous soon enough. (+50) CajunSpecial will become famous soon enough. (+50) CajunSpecial will become famous soon enough. (+50) CajunSpecial will become famous soon enough. (+50) CajunSpecial will become famous soon enough. (+50) CajunSpecial will become famous soon enough. (+50) CajunSpecial will become famous soon enough. (+50) CajunSpecial will become famous soon enough. (+50) CajunSpecial will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You don't have to eat directly after a workout at all. Try to meet your protein requirements for the day through your meals but don't stress over getting it down right away. But to answer your question, if you have protein powder, it should be counted towards your calories for the day like anything else.

ceska is not very well liked. (-100) ceska is not very well liked. (-100) ceska is not very well liked. (-100) ceska is not very well liked. (-100) ceska is not very well liked. (-100) ceska is not very well liked. (-100) ceska is not very well liked. (-100) ceska is not very well liked. (-100) ceska is not very well liked. (-100) ceska is not very well liked. (-100) ceska is not very well liked. (-100)
    I don't know about her program, but what I personally do is take a post-workout shake/smoothie with me to the gym that also counts as a meal. So not only is it protein, also some oats, fruit/veggies and some almonds. For me it's just like a meal.

BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I disagree with the advice saying you should eat within 30 minutes of working out. I think you should eat when you're hungry, and if that's after you work out then great. But if you miss that 30 minute window your muscles aren't going to morph into fat droplets before your eyes.

Yes, all things consumed should be counted toward your total calorie intake. ALL things- even ketchup

**I once was a fat little hippo... BubsNBean's journey back to healthy**
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170112133

kirsty501 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kirsty501 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kirsty501 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kirsty501 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kirsty501 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kirsty501 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kirsty501 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kirsty501 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kirsty501 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kirsty501 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kirsty501 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by BubsNBean View Post
    I disagree with the advice saying you should eat within 30 minutes of working out. I think you should eat when you're hungry, and if that's after you work out then great. But if you miss that 30 minute window your muscles aren't going to morph into fat droplets before your eyes.

Yes, all things consumed should be counted toward your total calorie intake. ALL things- even ketchup
    Exactly^

I take my PWO shake at 5:30am and don't eat my first chewable meal til 2-3pm. It hasn't killed me yet.

GL