Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500)

Do you guys count calories?

I get the idea that eating healthy is important, that you should have ample protein and such. It's not a difficult thing to do.

Getting your macros in is easy, I can hit 150 grams of protein a day and I don't even count.

The difficult part is to actually count calories correctly.

For example, my mom makes some lasagna and I have no clue how many calories are in it.

The next day, we're eating out at a random local restaurant, and I still don't know how to get my calories down.

Now I'm supposed to be bulking at around 3400 cal a day, and I have absolutely no clue how close (or far) I am to that number each day.

Myfitnesspal and other calorie counting websites aren't an option, since most of the local food products aren't listed. I believe this is the case as well in many other places.

Get the picture? What do you guys do for this? Is counting calories all that essential anyway?

3DarkAngel6 is a name known to all. (+5000) 3DarkAngel6 is a name known to all. (+5000) 3DarkAngel6 is a name known to all. (+5000) 3DarkAngel6 is a name known to all. (+5000) 3DarkAngel6 is a name known to all. (+5000) 3DarkAngel6 is a name known to all. (+5000) 3DarkAngel6 is a name known to all. (+5000) 3DarkAngel6 is a name known to all. (+5000) 3DarkAngel6 is a name known to all. (+5000) 3DarkAngel6 is a name known to all. (+5000) 3DarkAngel6 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Monyistbitu View Post
    I get the idea that eating healthy is important, that you should have ample protein and such. It's not a difficult thing to do.

Getting your macros in is easy, I can hit 150 grams of protein a day and I don't even count.

The difficult part is to actually count calories correctly.

For example, my mom makes some lasagna and I have no clue how many calories are in it.

The next day, we're eating out at a random local restaurant, and I still don't know how to get my calories down.

Now I'm supposed to be bulking at around 3400 cal a day, and I have absolutely no clue how close (or far) I am to that number each day.

Myfitnesspal and other calorie counting websites aren't an option, since most of the local food products aren't listed. I believe this is the case as well in many other places.

Get the picture? What do you guys do for this? Is counting calories all that essential anyway?
    i dont count, i just guess and see :P just dont OVEEEEERRRRRR eat and you will be fine =) like 5 good meals a day, idk man i dont count lol but im gaining ~1lb a week
    ~Dont do half the work unless you're satisfied with half the results~

Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by 3DarkAngel6 View Post
    i dont count, i just guess and see :P just dont OVEEEEERRRRRR eat and you will be fine =) like 5 good meals a day, idk man i dont count lol but im gaining ~1lb a week
    That's how I go about it. Like I just had a meat and french fries sandwich, no phucking idea how much it weighs, nor how many calories, just know that it has protein and it has carbs. So I think "Uhhh, how about 800 cal here? Yeah, 800 sounds good."

I'm starting to think that I can't eat out anymore (except for like once or twice a week)...because I can't know what I'm putting in my body. Sticking to home foods, and weighing absolutely everything maybe, people? Does that turn into an annoyance/obsession though?
    Last edited by Monyistbitu; 02-07-2014 at 11:49 PM.

3DarkAngel6 is a name known to all. (+5000) 3DarkAngel6 is a name known to all. (+5000) 3DarkAngel6 is a name known to all. (+5000) 3DarkAngel6 is a name known to all. (+5000) 3DarkAngel6 is a name known to all. (+5000) 3DarkAngel6 is a name known to all. (+5000) 3DarkAngel6 is a name known to all. (+5000) 3DarkAngel6 is a name known to all. (+5000) 3DarkAngel6 is a name known to all. (+5000) 3DarkAngel6 is a name known to all. (+5000) 3DarkAngel6 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    That's how I go about it. Like I just had a meat and french fries sandwich, no phucking idea how much it weighs, nor how many calories, just know that it has protein and it has carbs. So I think "Uhhh, how about 800 cal here? Yeah, 800 sounds good."
    Sooooooooo Me xD
    ~Dont do half the work unless you're satisfied with half the results~

Ewhizzington is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ewhizzington is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ewhizzington is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ewhizzington is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ewhizzington is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ewhizzington is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ewhizzington is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ewhizzington is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ewhizzington is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ewhizzington is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ewhizzington is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My rule for bulking is to stay full for the majority of the day. I don't count calories, and I'm also gaining 1lb a week.
    "Don't let your dreams just be dreams"

"Eat to meet long term goals, not short term satisfaction."

I rep back

Nice suggestions so far. Would like to hear more input on this. Does anyone actually practically count calories here?

Mobster1995 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mobster1995 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mobster1995 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mobster1995 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mobster1995 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mobster1995 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mobster1995 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mobster1995 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mobster1995 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mobster1995 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mobster1995 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeah, I count my calories and my proteins/fats. Although if I ate the same thing everyday, I am aware that it's the same calories etc, I even weigh my food
    Yeah I know it's abit of an obsession, but I rather count and see if I'm getting enough or not for my body to grow.

You get folks saying "ahh can't gain weight, high metabolism". Or "I eat junk but don't gain weight", but in reality. There just not eating more calories than the body needs. You can safely say you eat junk but your not even in a surplus. Then claim u got high metabolism, which is silly.

Counting calories is good and effective, but it's all estimate/approx. Not 100% accurate in terms of how much you burn in daily, since everything varies. Your best bet, is stick to a calorie budget which is recommended to reach that weight gain a week. If no changes happen, up or reduce the intake which will involve upping your carbs/protein/fats since they all contain kcals

tldr:
    1.) Yes I count calories
    2.) takes 5 mins of your day
    3.) effective as ****
    My Lifting log!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158614543&p=1175269943#post1175269943

Originally Posted by Mobster1995 View Post
    Yeah, I count my calories and my proteins/fats. Although if I ate the same thing everyday, I am aware that it's the same calories etc, I even weigh my food
    Yeah I know it's abit of an obsession, but I rather count and see if I'm getting enough or not for my body to grow.

You get folks saying "ahh can't gain weight, high metabolism". Or "I eat junk but don't gain weight", but in reality. There just not eating more calories than the body needs. You can safely say you eat junk but your not even in a surplus. Then claim u got high metabolism, which is silly.

Counting calories is good and effective, but it's all estimate/approx. Not 100% accurate in terms of how much you burn in daily, since everything varies. Your best bet, is stick to a calorie budget which is recommended to reach that weight gain a week. If no changes happen, up or reduce the intake which will involve upping your carbs/protein/fats since they all contain kcals

tldr:
    1.) Yes I count calories
    2.) takes 5 mins of your day
    3.) effective as ****
    You weigh your food? I was thinking the same thing recently. Is it efficient? What about when you're eating out, or if your mom cooks your food (assuming she still does), how many calories are in 100 gm of lasagna for example or 100 gm of some other recipe? Or do you tend to eat all of your food at home?

Mobster1995 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mobster1995 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mobster1995 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mobster1995 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mobster1995 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mobster1995 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mobster1995 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mobster1995 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mobster1995 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mobster1995 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mobster1995 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You weigh your food? I was thinking the same thing recently. Is it efficient? What about when you're eating out, or if your mom cooks your food (assuming she still does), how many calories are in 100 gm of lasagna for example or 100 gm of some other recipe? Or do you tend to eat all of your food at home?
    It is efficient, since you will know how much calories are in the serving your eating.
    As for eating out, I barely eat out. If I do eat out, I usually go to places which tends to have nutrional labels, i.e. Subway, Mcdonalds, kfc etc. They all now have nutritional information on their website or even on myfitnesspal app.

But there is days where I just dont even count my calories at all which will be Christmas or Bday etc lol
    My Lifting log!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158614543&p=1175269943#post1175269943

kanko is on a distinguished road. (+10) kanko is on a distinguished road. (+10) kanko is on a distinguished road. (+10) kanko is on a distinguished road. (+10) kanko is on a distinguished road. (+10) kanko is on a distinguished road. (+10) kanko is on a distinguished road. (+10) kanko is on a distinguished road. (+10) kanko is on a distinguished road. (+10) kanko is on a distinguished road. (+10) kanko is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I think its stupid to count every calorie dont some people write it on paper what they eat seems to me its stupid eat healthy and enough and ull see gains

nowheym8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nowheym8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nowheym8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nowheym8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nowheym8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nowheym8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nowheym8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nowheym8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nowheym8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nowheym8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nowheym8 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I just keep a regular diet (majority of meals are the same everyday)
    Youtube Channel --> youtube.com/channel/UCNSdg8uIH4A1dRey0-Kzdpg

It's not the years in your life, it's the life in your years

We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations

DL - 240kg
    Squat - 180kg
    Bench - 130kg
    Total - 550kg

Kanexyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kanexyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kanexyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kanexyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kanexyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kanexyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kanexyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kanexyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kanexyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kanexyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kanexyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I just estimate it like what you do. but you should have some rough idea of the size of each meat looks like then you are better off estimating.

and just make sure that i'm gaining weight weekly.