Transfirmer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Transfirmer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Transfirmer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Transfirmer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Transfirmer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Transfirmer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Transfirmer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Transfirmer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Transfirmer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Transfirmer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Transfirmer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Want smooth glutes!

I'm 33 years of age, and have been training about 4 months. Cardiovascular-wise, very fit and at the gym I've been working on the compound movements: squats, deadlifts, bench presses, overhead press, as the bulk of my routine, and a big focus on my legs and glutes a lot too - work particularly hard on the squats and leg presses...go as hard as I can. But I've got cellulite on my arse and it hasn't even begun to shift!!! I have always done cardio 3-4 times a week too! I eat a high protein, low carb diet with healthy fats, I can't remember the last time i indulged in junk food...
    I know cellulite is to some degree genetic...but I can't understand why with all this hard work it's not shifting!!
    Any suggestions?

Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    What are your stats?
    How many calories are you eating? What is your goal?

If you want to cut fat you must be eating in a calorie deficit. Cellulite is mostly genetic, and something like 90% of women have it. Even some competitors on stage still have it at the very low levels of BF they compete at.

A few bulk/cut cycles can help decrease this dramatically

Transfirmer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Transfirmer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Transfirmer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Transfirmer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Transfirmer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Transfirmer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Transfirmer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Transfirmer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Transfirmer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Transfirmer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Transfirmer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Cara0915 View Post
    What are your stats?
    How many calories are you eating? What is your goal?

If you want to cut fat you must be eating in a calorie deficit. Cellulite is mostly genetic, and something like 90% of women have it. Even some competitors on stage still have it at the very low levels of BF they compete at.

A few bulk/cut cycles can help decrease this dramatically
    I'm 51.2kg, 163cm,and 19% body fat - based on caliper measurements recently...hope that is accurate enough.
    I calculated my BMR, without activity it is:1,265 and then with the moderate level of activity I worked it out to be: 2,025. Used the Katch/McArdle method as described on this site.

At the moment, not exactly sure how many calories I'm eating...

I want to build lean mass while minimising fat gain (don't we all).

kirsty501 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kirsty501 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kirsty501 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kirsty501 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kirsty501 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kirsty501 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kirsty501 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kirsty501 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kirsty501 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kirsty501 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kirsty501 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Transfirmer View Post
    I'm 33 years of age, and have been training about 4 months. Cardiovascular-wise, very fit and at the gym I've been working on the compound movements: squats, deadlifts, bench presses, overhead press, as the bulk of my routine, and a big focus on my legs and glutes a lot too - work particularly hard on the squats and leg presses...go as hard as I can. But I've got cellulite on my arse and it hasn't even begun to shift!!! I have always done cardio 3-4 times a week too! I eat a high protein, low carb diet with healthy fats, I can't remember the last time i indulged in junk food...
    I know cellulite is to some degree genetic...but I can't understand why with all this hard work it's not shifting!!
    Any suggestions?

I know what you mean. I'm in 4 months as well. Cellulite was soooo bad when I first started. I've been cutting since early November and I've seen a massive improvement in cellulite reduction.
    Still have a jiggly fat ass though! Hopefully when this cut finishes(April), it will have diminished a bit more.
    After 4 children and a mostly overweight family, i doubt I'll be dimple free.

Just gotta keep at a caloric deficit and see if it improves when the fat comes off.

GL

anonymous
    I have found that as I build more muscle, the cellulite seems to have almost disappeared. I am 10 months into serious training, and it has taken that amount of time to see the change, but now have rounder, smoother butt, instead of the saggy, dimply one. Just takes time, and lots of lifting!

snowbunny78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) snowbunny78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) snowbunny78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) snowbunny78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) snowbunny78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) snowbunny78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) snowbunny78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) snowbunny78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) snowbunny78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) snowbunny78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) snowbunny78 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm encouraged to read this and know there may be some hope for me as I lose BF that I may end up with a smoother butt. I thought it was just one of those things I'd always have. Here's hoping (and working out....).

Glad I'm not alone girls! It has got to be one of the banes of my existence... feel a bit trapped as to build muscle need to eat more, and yet want to lose the cellulite so want more BF...Am I using the right moves? With squats, deadlifts, leg presses? What have you guys found to be fantastic moves?

I also eat very 'clean' - and by this I mean I avoid processed and packaged foods like the plague, ie I eat a lot of spinach, salads, chicken breast, veges, yoghurt, whey powder, avocado, brazil nuts, tinned tuna, and have no added sugar, no sweeteners, and drink herbal/fruit infusion teas...

I'll just have to persist I suppose and keep trying to build muscle...

What on earth does the 'Rep power' mean on people's signatures? Can someone enlighten me?

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Eating clean doesn't mean anything. You need to take in the proper amount of calories based on your goal. You're at the lowest end of the scale for your height and undermuscled. You need to add more muscle to tighten everything up and the cellulite will be less noticeable.

There are fat gains that come with building, it's part of the process.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

I realise the term 'clean' is a bit of a trend that is a little meaningless - which is why i clarified what I meant - sticking to unprocessed and good quality foods and avoiding rubbish. Surely this will be better for me.
    But as to my calories - with a BMR of approx 1,265 and then with the moderate level of activity I do I worked it out to be 2,025. So do I take the 2,025 level and add to that to build muscle because of the amount of activity I currently do? How much do I add? I've heard estimations of approximately 2-300 calories surplus?

dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Just as an aside, it cracks me up when people talk about how clean they eat and how they avoid all processed foods, then say they eat whey protein powder. You think that shiz grows in the ground or something? (To be clear, I myself use pp. But I also eat brownies.)
    "Eat some oatmeal, do some squats, how hard is that seriously."--Prof Ham
    ..............................................................................
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers
    ...............................................................................
    For the lulz and an occasional intelligent thought, plus pics:

http://musclemilkisnotaeuphemism.blogspot.com/

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by dreahere View Post
    Just as an aside, it cracks me up when people talk about how clean they eat and how they avoid all processed foods, then say they eat whey protein powder. You think that shiz grows in the ground or something? (To be clear, I myself use pp. But I also eat brownies.)
    I agree, I eat papa johns pizza, its my weakness. And my cellulite agrees, it yummy
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

MPH, CPT and Nutrition and Wellness Coach

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Transfirmer View Post
    I realise the term 'clean' is a bit of a trend that is a little meaningless - which is why i clarified what I meant - sticking to unprocessed and good quality foods and avoiding rubbish. Surely this will be better for me.
    Sure the extra vitamins, minerals and nutrients are great for our bodies. But with that being said, it's important to learn that no foods need to be off limits. We can easily create a healthy balance, enjoy a bit of everything and still be healthy.

I probably set calories around 2200 and see where it takes you.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)