bassahead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Safe under 6% bf?

Hi guys,
    Been trainning weight lifting for around 10 months and spinning and mtb for 10 years.
    Used to have around 15% bodyfat but ever since i started to eat right and train with weights my bf dropped to about 6 or 7%. My question regarding this is, is it safe to go beyond this %?, my body seems to still be melting fat away, I'm just a little affraid it could be unsafe. I do 1 hour of intense cardio and 1 hour of weight lifting 5 times a day and I do mtb for 2 to 3 hours on weekends. I'm currently eating a balanced diet containing at least 150 grams of protein daily and around 450 grams of carbs a day. My daily intake is about 3000 calories and I take a multivitamin.

Mobster1995 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mobster1995 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mobster1995 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mobster1995 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mobster1995 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mobster1995 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mobster1995 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mobster1995 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mobster1995 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mobster1995 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mobster1995 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Fuarkkk, when I saw your Display pic on here, I thought ur a teen or something. Your 39 years old too!? :O
    u look so young

Also OP, do u think u will have enough mass if u cut a lower bf% thats the question
    My Lifting log!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158614543&p=1175269943#post1175269943

Originally Posted by Mobster1995 View Post
    Fuarkkk, when I saw your Display pic on here, I thought ur a teen or something. Your 39 years old too!? :O
    u look so young

Also OP, do u think u will have enough mass if u cut a lower bf% thats the question
    Thanks man! Runs in the family! And I would like to stay where I am just add some 10 more lean pounds.

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You're going to have a easier time adding mass at higher body fat levels. Fatty acids are a great energy source per unit, so, in times of fast, what's your body going to look to for energy? You'll be perpetually draining and refilling glycogen, and if that's not enough, converting protein into glucose. I'd slowly float up to 12 before dieting again. The other option is getting to know cmoore who keeps 6 to 8 year round. He's immaculate with his diet and exercise, so he proves it can be done if you're science minded.
    B: 285
    S: 375
    D: 555

Originally Posted by drudixon View Post
    You're going to have a easier time adding mass at higher body fat levels. Fatty acids are a great energy source per unit, so, in times of fast, what's your body going to look to for energy? You'll be perpetually draining and refilling glycogen, and if that's not enough, converting protein into glucose. I'd slowly float up to 12 before dieting again. The other option is getting to know cmoore who keeps 6 to 8 year round. He's immaculate with his diet and exercise, so he proves it can be done if you're science minded.
    Thanx! I'll try to get un touch with him

yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000)
    FWIW...Id place ya a little higher than 6%

What people dont get sometimes is that very low bf can actually be not sooooo good if maintained...particularly regarding the visceral fat around internal organs which is also depleted when ya go low b/f.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154678393

If a guy's working harder than me - doing more than me - he fking well deserves to beat me.

Simple plan.

"Conceive. Believe. Perceive. Achieve", RMW

Originally Posted by yakabebe View Post
    FWIW...Id place ya a little higher than 6%

What people dont get sometimes is that very low bf can actually be not sooooo good if maintained...particularly regarding the visceral fat around internal organs which is also depleted when ya go low b/f.
    I thought visceral fat never went away once there?

So, would you recommend I stay where I am or should I increase my bf to gain muscle and be healthy?

SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by bassahead View Post
    So, would you recommend I stay where I am or should I increase my bf to gain muscle and be healthy?
    Ultimately it depends on your goals, but if you want to gain some more muscle I'd accept the idea that you will gain some fat along with it, and enjoy the extra food. If I were in your position I'd do a nice slow bulk, keep the gains to about 2lbs/month and ride the bulk train for quite a while.
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160275721&pagenumber=

DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    No offense, but your 6% looks a lot like my 13%.

But you look good (and a lot younger than 39!). I suspect you could do away with the cardio though.
    Peace: Lift Long and Prosper!

Alamagan Dågan - and proud of it!

Lean, mean, geek machine

DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by SideSteal View Post
    Ultimately it depends on your goals, but if you want to gain some more muscle I'd accept the idea that you will gain some fat along with it, and enjoy the extra food. If I were in your position I'd do a nice slow bulk, keep the gains to about 2lbs/month and ride the bulk train for quite a while.
    I got fat on 1 lb/month despite lifting hard and eating right. WTF!
    (then I cut and now I'm trying to do it over again)
    Peace: Lift Long and Prosper!

Alamagan Dågan - and proud of it!

Lean, mean, geek machine

Originally Posted by DocHoss View Post
    No offense, but your 6% looks a lot like my 13%.

But you look good (and a lot younger than 39!). I suspect you could do away with the cardio though.
    Thanx but if you look like your picture right now you should be at least 10% bf, I was messured with calipper and I don't know how accurate that is.