54cheese has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 54cheese has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 54cheese has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 54cheese has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 54cheese has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 54cheese has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 54cheese has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 54cheese has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 54cheese has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 54cheese has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 54cheese has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Haven't slept all night, have conditioning workout in one hour. Help.

Im probably retarded

I play college football at a small school. We have 630 AM conditioning twice a week. Lately, ive been finding it really difficult to get to sleep on the nights before this. I end up getting really anxious about the upcoming workout and I end up never falling asleep. Im not sure if im in the right category for this, but is there anything I can do to help myself out before the workout? Im not feeling extremely tired, but my eyes feel heavy. My workout will consist of sled drags and wind sprints.

SnappinFool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SnappinFool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SnappinFool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SnappinFool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SnappinFool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SnappinFool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SnappinFool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SnappinFool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SnappinFool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SnappinFool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SnappinFool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by 54cheese View Post
    Im probably retarded

I play college football at a small school. We have 630 AM conditioning twice a week. Lately, ive been finding it really difficult to get to sleep on the nights before this. I end up getting really anxious about the upcoming workout and I end up never falling asleep. Im not sure if im in the right category for this, but is there anything I can do to help myself out before the workout? Im not feeling extremely tired, but my eyes feel heavy. My workout will consist of sled drags and wind sprints.
    Been there before and it SUCKS. Go get you some ZzzQuil, it is a non habit forming sleep aid. It helps me get to sleep when I know I am not tired. Just be sure to lay down and try to go to sleep after taking it. You will fight right through it if you arent trying to fall asleep, not a REALLY strong sleep hence why it is not habit forming. Why so anxious though, these workouts arent going to kill you lol. Is it yalls hell week?
    If you aren't going all the way, why go at all?-Joe Namath
    If you want to succeed, as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful- Eric Thomas

krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by 54cheese View Post
    Im probably retarded

One of the few instances where I think caffeine is really helpful pre-workout. Also, a simple mobility warmup before you leave the house will help. DeFranco's Limber 11 comes to mind.

You need to address your anxiety, too. A sleep aid is only going to help for a very short period of time.

Assassindan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Assassindan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Assassindan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Assassindan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Assassindan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Assassindan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Assassindan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Assassindan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Assassindan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Assassindan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Assassindan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had the same problem when I played d3 basketball. In the offseason the team played pickup mon-thurs at 6am. I dreaded playing this early and was always anxious the night. What I did was stop showing up.

What you should do is get into a routine, consume very little sugar and no caffeine throughout the day. Try to get in a lighter workout the day before and do something calming before you have to sleep. One thing that has always put me to sleep was reading which also helps you focus on something other than the morning run. Well, good luck
    Check out My D1 Basketball Log in the Sports Journals

krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by krakkerz View Post
    One of the few instances where I think caffeine is really helpful pre-workout. Also, a simple mobility warmup before you leave the house will help. DeFranco's Limber 11 comes to mind.

You need to address your anxiety, too. A sleep aid is only going to help for a very short period of time.
    Quick add - sleep hygiene.... Google it.

Bigbruiser79 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bigbruiser79 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bigbruiser79 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bigbruiser79 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bigbruiser79 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bigbruiser79 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bigbruiser79 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bigbruiser79 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Melatonin is cheap and does works very well. I wouldn't rely on it every night though and only use it on the nights you absolutely need to fall to sleep. Melatonin is a hormone and just like every other hormone in the body, if you take an outside source, your body can learn... more like forget to do its normal job on its on. I'm not saying it is dangerous, but just something to be cautious of. The benefits of taking it a few nights a week in order to get your sleep and train well-rested will most likely outweigh any negatives.
    Former collegiate Athlete

Meet Pr's(@220) all time (~280)
    bench: 352.5 385
    squat:475 485
    Deadlift: 540 Twinlab MILITIA Member

TSN 12 Week SHred LoG: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167216191&p=1356731291#post1356731291