nez762 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Football Transformation Question

Hello guys, Football is my favorite sport, I watch it, play it on the PS3 and in Highschool. Im not a great player put I have passion and motivation to do ANYTHING to improve my game, and that is why I'm here.

Stats: Ht 5'9 Wt:150 Bf%: 16

I was just wondering on how to approach my transformation. I've seen many threads saying that I should work on strength via 5x5 or 5/3/1. I know I have to cut as well.

Here's the main part: Should I bulk on muscle then cut then work on gaining strength or what? I am motivated and will work extremely hard because I love the sport. I would like to be RB/DB so i need to work on speed and agility as well.

Any help/guidance is extremely appreciated, thanks

SnappinFool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SnappinFool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SnappinFool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SnappinFool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SnappinFool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SnappinFool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SnappinFool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SnappinFool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SnappinFool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SnappinFool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SnappinFool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by nez762 View Post
    Hello guys, Football is my favorite sport, I watch it, play it on the PS3 and in Highschool. Im not a great player put I have passion and motivation to do ANYTHING to improve my game, and that is why I'm here.

Stats: Ht 5'9 Wt:150 Bf%: 16

I was just wondering on how to approach my transformation. I've seen many threads saying that I should work on strength via 5x5 or 5/3/1. I know I have to cut as well.

Here's the main part: Should I bulk on muscle then cut then work on gaining strength or what? I am motivated and will work extremely hard because I love the sport. I would like to be RB/DB so i need to work on speed and agility as well.

Any help/guidance is extremely appreciated, thanks

**** the bulk cut right now. You are not body building. Eat a clean healthy diet, work your ass off in the weight room and get great sleep. You will notice a great difference just from that. AS far as your workout, what are your coaches having the team do? Do they offer after school workouts or what?
    If you aren't going all the way, why go at all?-Joe Namath
    If you want to succeed, as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful- Eric Thomas

Originally Posted by SnappinFool View Post
    **** the bulk cut right now. You are not body building. Eat a clean healthy diet, work your ass off in the weight room and get great sleep. You will notice a great difference just from that. AS far as your workout, what are your coaches having the team do? Do they offer after school workouts or what?
    The coaches, team, and weight room at school are ****. They arent getting the team to workout this offseason and that is why we aren't very successful. Up here in Canada they have a minor community football league for ages 16-18 I want to try out for, but you have to be pretty good to make the team. I have a gym membership and I go there almost daily. I just know I need to pack on muscle mass and strength while losing fat.

So Im going to eat clean and a bit above maintenance. Should I do a mass gaining program or strength like 5/3/1

krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by nez762 View Post
    So Im going to eat clean and a bit above maintenance. Should I do a mass gaining program or strength like 5/3/1
    At you age and level, there is no difference between a "mass gaining" routine and a strength one. Pick a good one and get to it.

krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Excellent answer.

JayceF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JayceF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JayceF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JayceF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JayceF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JayceF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JayceF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JayceF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JayceF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JayceF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JayceF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Eat slightly below maintenance otherwise you won't really lose any fat and make sure your workouts have at least 4 exercises per body part, maybe more if you're new and get some sleep

JayceF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JayceF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JayceF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JayceF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JayceF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JayceF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JayceF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JayceF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JayceF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JayceF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JayceF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    And as a side note yes when your new it is possible to gain muscle while losing fat. I'm not sure the science of it but I think some of the fat can be used by the body as fuel to build muscle idk how it works but you can still get big and strong while losing fat.