jrseemore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jrseemore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jrseemore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jrseemore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Questions about buying new equipment. Especially dumbbells. Thanks in advance!

Hi all,

Everyone that knows me calls me JR. It's nice to meet you.

I stopped going to the gym for lots of reasons but mostly because of time spent going to and from not to mention all the stuff I was putting up with such as people setting on benches, machines and the like talking or texting while people like myself was waiting.

All that and more made my decision to buy equipment for a home gym much easier. My wife said ok on the home gym as long as it does not take long as she works out A LOT more than I do and would go crazy if she missed more than just a couple workouts. I do not get to workout but maybe 45 minutes a day and that includes 15 to 20 minutes of cardio. Wife on the other hand works out twice a day, six days a week and does cardio for over a hour at a time several days a week. No, she does not compete. She could but has no desire to.

I have ordered the following Cybex and True equipment since she prefers Cybex and True brands; cage, smith, lat pull down, mid/low row, shoulder press, lateral raise, peck/rear delt, horizontal leg press, leg ext, prone leg curl, standing leg curl, cable crossover, true elliptical, true treadmill and a step mill 7000 from usedgymequipmentdotcom they said it would take 7 weeks for delivery. It has been only 5 weeks and the transport company called and said they will have it a week early.....great!

I also purchased pro-style dumbbells from 5 to 100 with a rack and fixed barbells from 20 to 100 with rack. But the db's and bb's are new and was purchased from Cemco Strength in California. A guy named Juan said he would have them to me in 14 days. Well, it has been over a month and I still have not received my db's, bb's and racks. Not only that but I could not get the guy to call me or even answer an email to let me know what was going on. So, I called and told them I was going to cancel and now all of a sudden he has called and is saying it is the transporting companies fault.

Why would he wait till I call to cancel to get back with me? Is this the norm with his company? How many of you have had problems with him or his company?

I understand that things happen but I think Cemco is less than desirable and would in no way do business with them again. It is not so much the waiting, missed deadline as much as the ignoring my 10 to 12 phone calls and even more emails. That is what does it with me.

BTW, the trucking company is R+L carriers. Have any of you ever has problems with them? They said that Juan paid for the slowest and cheapest transport they offer but Juan charged me for upgraded freight delivery.

I know this is not the best first post but I do not really have much time to be online as far as free time goes. My time is very limited but I will try and get back today after work.

Thanks for any experience you share with me about said companies.

JR

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Never dealt with that trucking company. Hopefully, everything works out.

I will say this, you better post pics here of your home gym once everything arrives.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew ^^^^^^^
    ------------- No Vax Crew ----------------

Registered User Cpl.Girthington's Avatar
    Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000)
    R+L have delivered stuff to me from powertec, tds, and most recently promaxima. I live in the middle of the US, a trucking hub, really, and they have always been the go to for the larger stuff to my home. I've never had a problem dealing with them, but my experience is limited, sorry I'm not of more help, just letting you know that I see them about in my neck of the woods, and haven't had any complaints in my dealings with them.

I would add that I find fixed barbells to be a very inefficient purchase for a home gym user. Never seen anyone on here have them or advocate having them in a home gym... Marky Mark's home gym had them, so you're in good company there. Seriously, though doesn't take too long to load a few 10's and 5's on a short bar or a cambered bar, cost a fraction of the price and, most importantly, a fraction of the precious square footage.
    Last edited by Cpl.Girthington; 02-05-2014 at 09:28 AM. Reason: grammar

Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000)
    It's sooooo funny that you mentioned Juan at Cemco. I bought 1000 lb in rubber plates from him a few years ago. The headaches.

raynelson188 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) raynelson188 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) raynelson188 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) raynelson188 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) raynelson188 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) raynelson188 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) raynelson188 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) raynelson188 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) raynelson188 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) raynelson188 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) raynelson188 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by keyboardworkout View Post
    I will say this, you better post pics here of your home gym once everything arrives.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ the OP's list of equipment is very impressive. He and his wife will have very nice home gym (or should I say commercial gym...lol.).

Originally Posted by Cpl.Girthington View Post
    I would add that I find fixed barbells to be a very inefficient purchase for a home gym user. Never seen anyone on here have them or advocate having them in a home gym... Marky Mark's home gym had them, so you're in good company there. Seriously, though doesn't take too long to load a few 10's and 5's on a short bar or a cambered bar, cost a fraction of the price and, most importantly, a fraction of the precious square footage.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^the OP must have a ton of space.

I wish I had that kind of space. If I did I would have done something similar except I would have bought it either from a closing gym or few pieces at a time off CL.

OP............

Your wife sounds a lot like mine (as far as the don't take to long thing). She said I could do a home gym as long as it had a commercial gym feel and look. She said she hated the "cheap" look of the gym I was starting and told me to order "new" equipment..........lol...........she changed her tune to "used" equipment and didn't mind waiting after she saw a few quotes of $45,000+ for the same set-up I have now.

I too wanted to get fixed barbells but as mentioned, space was the issue.

Originally Posted by Paulie_G View Post
    It's sooooo funny that you mentioned Juan at Cemco. I bought 1000 lb in rubber plates from him a few years ago. The headaches.
    Funny is an understatement. I bought a set of db's and a rack from Juan at Cemco. I still have not got my db's. He and his company are very hard to deal with AFTER the purchase. NOTICE.......I said after the purchase....lol.

OP.........

I'm X2 on never buying anything from Cemco .........lol............or ANY company that Juan works at or especially if he is in charge of it.

Juan is a very poor business man to say the least.

BTW, did everyone know Juan has several companies that sell on Ebay? They suck just as much. How in the hell do you take a top level company and run it in the ground that fast?

KLG73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KLG73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KLG73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KLG73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KLG73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KLG73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KLG73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KLG73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KLG73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KLG73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KLG73 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Sounds like a sweet set up. PLEASE post pics of this when your get it all set up.

2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    2 posts about Juan in the same day, wow....your reputation proceeds you Juan.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #47
    ()---() York Barbell Club #46 (DD) ()---()

During the last few reps of a true 20RM squat, just do what Jesus tells you.--Mark Rippetoe

twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by 2MoreRepz View Post
    2 posts about Juan in the same day, wow....your reputation proceeds you Juan.
    I was thinking that exact thing myself, what are the odds that two separate posts, by different posters mention Juan and Cemco, lol.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do, than by the ones you did" Mark Twain

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats" H. L. Mencken

[]---[] Equipment Crew #42 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #18 ()---()

jrseemore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jrseemore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jrseemore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jrseemore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Cpl.Girthington View Post
    R+L have delivered stuff to me from powertec, tds, and most recently promaxima. I live in the middle of the US, a trucking hub, really, and they have always been the go to for the larger stuff to my home. I've never had a problem dealing with them, but my experience is limited, sorry I'm not of more help, just letting you know that I see them about in my neck of the woods, and haven't had any complaints in my dealings with them.

Hearing that the carrier is good is one out of two. Thanks for the info on that one.

I bought the fixed bb's cause my wife wants them. I have plenty of space. I have a 3,300 sq foot basement that is finished and ready for the equipment. As for the price, well, I buy cars, she can have equipment. Besides I use it as well, just not as much as her.

Originally Posted by Paulie_G View Post
    What type of problems did you have with them?

Thanks, JR

Originally Posted by raynelson188 View Post
    OP............

Your wife sounds a lot like mine (as far as the don't take to long thing). She said I could do a home gym as long as it had a commercial gym feel and look. She said she hated the "cheap" look of the gym I was starting and told me to order "new" equipment..........lol...........she changed her tune to "used" equipment and didn't mind waiting after she saw a few quotes of $45,000+ for the same set-up I have now.

I too wanted to get fixed barbells but as mentioned, space was the issue.
    We need to keep them happy for sure. It is a cheap way to keep her happy to me. Plus I will use them as well.

For the new vs. used the only new workout equipment I'm buying is dumbbells, barbells and racks. The rest is what they called remanufactured from the usedgym place.

JR

Originally Posted by twodog View Post
    I was thinking that exact thing myself, what are the odds that two separate posts, by different posters mention Juan and Cemco, lol.
    I'm feeling even more concerned now. Is this the norm for the company? I was told by a couple people at the gym that cemco was a very good brand so I assumed they would have good customer service. My mistake. Not the first one I've made.

I should have did more research on them instead of usedgymequipmentdotcom. Those folks gave me a great price for what I ordered. I would have bought my db's and bb's from them but that was the only thing they did not have. They did not have a full set of pro dumbbells in a brand that my wife and I both liked. They had bb's but my wife and I wanted the db's and bb's to match.

Funny is an understatement. I bought a set of db's and a rack from Juan at Cemco. I still have not got my db's. He and his company are very hard to deal with AFTER the purchase. NOTICE.......I said after the purchase....lol.

OP.........

I'm X2 on never buying anything from Cemco .........lol............or ANY company that Juan works at or especially if he is in charge of it.

Juan is a very poor business man to say the least.

BTW, did everyone know Juan has several companies that sell on Ebay? They suck just as much. How in the hell do you take a top level company and run it in the ground that fast?
    This is another piece of info that worries me.

Thanks, JR

twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by jrseemore View Post
    I'm feeling even more concerned now. Is this the norm for the company? I was told by a couple people at the gym that cemco was a very good brand so I assumed they would have good customer service. My mistake. Not the first one I've made.
    We all make mistakes, lol. What separates us, from the truly stupid, is not repeating them over and over, lol.

Everyone told you that Cemco was good equipment, and I believe it is. The people that recommended the equipment, sadly, weren't the ones dealing with the ordering, especially with Juan. Just keep up with Cemco, pushing them until you get your product. Good luck.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do, than by the ones you did" Mark Twain

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats" H. L. Mencken

[]---[] Equipment Crew #42 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #18 ()---()

raynelson188 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) raynelson188 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) raynelson188 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) raynelson188 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) raynelson188 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) raynelson188 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) raynelson188 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) raynelson188 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) raynelson188 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) raynelson188 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) raynelson188 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    We all make mistakes, lol. What separates us, from the truly stupid, is not repeating them over and over, lol.

Everyone told you that Cemco was good equipment, and I believe it is. The people that recommended the equipment, sadly, weren't the ones dealing with the ordering, especially with Juan. Just keep up with Cemco, pushing them until you get your product. Good luck.
    x1000000000 on pushing them. I have been doing it. I'm not sure it is helping a lot but I hope it is. My db's are over two weeks late as it is. Keep us (or me...lol) updated (please!) as I am in the same situation with the same company/person.

I too bought db's and a rack but I did not buy anything else (thank goodness).

Anyways, update us when you can.

Ray

x1000000000 on pushing them. I have been doing it. I'm not sure it is helping a lot but I hope it is. My db's are over two weeks late as it is. Keep us (or me...lol) updated (please!) as I am in the same situation with the same company/person.

I too bought db's and a rack but I did not buy anything else (thank goodness).

Anyways, update us when you can.

Ray

The dumbbells and barbells arrived today. It was and still is a train wreck. I ordered 5 - 100 in dbs but they only sent the 5 - 50's and no rack. I also ordered 20 - 100 in barbells but only received the 80 - 100 and no rack for these either. Plus the only reason we went with them instead of used was to make sure the db's and bb's matched. Well, the db's, steel and the bb's, rubber, another fail.

I denied the shipment and called cemco and they said they told me they had already said everything would come in two shipments and said they had no idea I wanted the sets to match. They never said anything about any of that. If they had I would not have went with them. I checked my invoice and it does state matching sets with racks.

I am truly frustrated with him and his poor business ethics.

I cancelled my order today and he told me that he was going to charge me a 25% restocking fee. I checked his site and even on his site it says a 20% restocking fee.

I don't care what it cost me. I will not pay him a dime. I have proof that he promised me matching, full sets with racks by a certain time or before. I also have proof that he charged me for upgraded shipping but gave me the cheap route.

I am thinking he may be the one in trouble here. I may just hire a damn lawyer and see how he likes to be crapped on. I'm no Bill Gates but after my secretary did a little research, I get the feeling my pocket is a lot deeper than his.

That guy and his business has got to be in the top 10 of the worst.

I am now in the market for db's and bb's that match.

JR

BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    have had a good experience with Christian's fitness factory if that's any help - i think shipping was pretty reasonable on the heavy stuff too - got an oversized trap bar
    barbell1.com - home of The Barbell1 Show - the only 5 day/wk Online Radio on building muscle
    Listened to in 171 Countries, Downloaded 1.3 million X in 2014-15
    Get it free on iTunes and Stitcher Radio for your mobile device!

About me:
    MS in Sports Dietetics
    Registered Dietitian
    BS in ESS
    NSCA Certified Personal Trainer

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by jrseemore View Post
    I am now in the market for db's and bb's that match.
    You might call Allison Foreman at York Barbell. Her contact info can be found in this thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post626136643

Sorry to hear about your problems with Cemco. Let us know how it all turns out!
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14

Originally Posted by BFJ View Post
    have had a good experience with Christian's fitness factory if that's any help - i think shipping was pretty reasonable on the heavy stuff too - got an oversized trap bar
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^ can get you new or used db and/or bb sets that match.

Originally Posted by KBKB View Post
    You might call Allison Foreman at York Barbell. Her contact info can be found in this thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post626136643

If you still want new this is the way I would go. If used then above is a good one.

Make sure you post a pic of your gym after you get it set up. I'm betting it will be one of the nicer gyms on here. I know your list of equipment is at the top. I'm not sure very many home gyms on here would match that............especially the cardio equipment, true is a very expensive brand.

I know a few people in real life that have gyms like what you describe. They usually end up with at least 50 to 75k in them and that's if they buy some of it used as you are doing unless they buy lower-end commercial which would make it much cheaper but still expensive compared to most.

What model Cybex did you order? Was it the classic, v2, v3....eagle etc...?

I read where you have a 3300 square foot basement that is finished. WOW......I wish. If I had that I would do exactly what you are doing (as far as amount of equipment).

I have to say though, I would never pay as much as I assume you have since you went with the company you went with. I got a quote from them a while ago and it was around 18k and I only ask for about half of what you listed and the brands were mixed and no warranty like your will have since it has been redone. Not to mention, your cardio equipment list would run 6k at the cheapest used (older stuff) or 10 to 12k used (a few years old) or 20k plus for new and that's cardio only. Then again, your $$$ situation sounds a little different than most.

btw congrats on stopping the insanity with the idiot. I wish I could do the same. On the other hand if my db's and rack ever gets here and part of it is missing I may do as you have done and use that as legal reasons to cancel since I too have proof of pretty much what you said all except mine was not specified to match (db's/rack). But I do have it in writing that I was to get expedited shipping (suppose to have been here within 6 days of order).

I did ask a friend of mine about my order and where I stand. He said that unless he breaks the contract I have no choice to pay for it or pay his restocking fee.

It sounds like you have him by the nads. I doubt you will need a lawyer. I've already called my C/C company and they said: "if he does not do as the contract says, you can walk away and there is nothing he can do".

If you have any problems finding db's and bb's that match send me a PM. I cant sell them to you but I know someone that has a set of each that match (ivanko) but will not break the sets up (closed a big box gym a few years ago and the db's etc..is all he has left) or I would have already bought the db's. Then again his db's go all the way to the 140's.

Anyways, good luck.

Ray
    Last edited by raynelson188; 02-06-2014 at 10:34 PM.

Registered User Cpl.Girthington's Avatar
    Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000)

Can't go wrong there, super good prices she's been quoted with on the legacy roundheads, which are in my opinion way cooler than prostyles.

Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

KBKB,

I have heard that Allison is quite good over at York. I have never had any issues going through Iron Company. I got some Hampton plates (HOG), Battle Rope and a Trap Bar in separate orders and they arrived ahead of time and in good shape. In fact I received a better price quote on the Hampton HOGS from Iron Company than I did going straight through Hampton. They are a dealer for Iron Grip, GPI, Hampton and Ivanko if I remember correctly.

Another possible option is going through a equipment manufacturer like Cybex, LF or Legend who are also dealers. LF is a dealer for Iron Grip, Cybex for GPI and Legend for Troy. Usually a little higher price going that route, but they get your order to you with usually minimal to no issues.

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Skyaura View Post
    KBKB,

I have heard that Allison is quite good over at York. I have never had any issues going through Iron Company. I got some Hampton plates (HOG), Battle Rope and a Trap Bar in separate orders and they arrived ahead of time and in good shape. In fact I received a better price quote on the Hampton HOGS from Iron Company than I did going straight through Hampton. They are a dealer for Iron Grip, GPI, Hampton and Ivanko if I remember correctly.
    I've never dealt with Allison at York; was just passing on her contact info. I know that she used to post here a bit in years past.

I got my trap bar from Iron Company. No complaints at all about their service.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14

Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I've never dealt with Allison at York; was just passing on her contact info. I know that she used to post here a bit in years past.

I got my trap bar from Iron Company. No complaints at all about their service.
    I have that same bar. I have gotten a fair bit of mileage out of it.

BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^ can get you new or used db and/or bb sets that match.

If you still want new this is the way I would go. If used then above is a good one.

Make sure you post a pic of your gym after you get it set up. I'm betting it will be one of the nicer gyms on here. I know your list of equipment is at the top. I'm not sure very many home gyms on here would match that............especially the cardio equipment, true is a very expensive brand.

I know a few people in real life that have gyms like what you describe. They usually end up with at least 50 to 75k in them and that's if they buy some of it used as you are doing unless they buy lower-end commercial which would make it much cheaper but still expensive compared to most.

What model Cybex did you order? Was it the classic, v2, v3....eagle etc...?

I read where you have a 3300 square foot basement that is finished. WOW......I wish. If I had that I would do exactly what you are doing (as far as amount of equipment).

I have to say though, I would never pay as much as I assume you have since you went with the company you went with. I got a quote from them a while ago and it was around 18k and I only ask for about half of what you listed and the brands were mixed and no warranty like your will have since it has been redone. Not to mention, your cardio equipment list would run 6k at the cheapest used (older stuff) or 10 to 12k used (a few years old) or 20k plus for new and that's cardio only. Then again, your $$$ situation sounds a little different than most.

btw congrats on stopping the insanity with the idiot. I wish I could do the same. On the other hand if my db's and rack ever gets here and part of it is missing I may do as you have done and use that as legal reasons to cancel since I too have proof of pretty much what you said all except mine was not specified to match (db's/rack). But I do have it in writing that I was to get expedited shipping (suppose to have been here within 6 days of order).

I did ask a friend of mine about my order and where I stand. He said that unless he breaks the contract I have no choice to pay for it or pay his restocking fee.

It sounds like you have him by the nads. I doubt you will need a lawyer. I've already called my C/C company and they said: "if he does not do as the contract says, you can walk away and there is nothing he can do".

If you have any problems finding db's and bb's that match send me a PM. I cant sell them to you but I know someone that has a set of each that match (ivanko) but will not break the sets up (closed a big box gym a few years ago and the db's etc..is all he has left) or I would have already bought the db's. Then again his db's go all the way to the 140's.

Anyways, good luck.

Ray
    Not sure but ironically I just got an email from them....I must be on their list as previous customer.....saying they're currently offering free shipping on all orders over 1500 could b a sick deal for some of u out there buying a bunch of stuff or one key piece of equipment
    barbell1.com - home of The Barbell1 Show - the only 5 day/wk Online Radio on building muscle
    Listened to in 171 Countries, Downloaded 1.3 million X in 2014-15
    Get it free on iTunes and Stitcher Radio for your mobile device!

About me:
    MS in Sports Dietetics
    Registered Dietitian
    BS in ESS
    NSCA Certified Personal Trainer

Originally Posted by BFJ View Post
    Not sure but ironically I just got an email from them....I must be on their list as previous customer.....saying they're currently offering free shipping on all orders over 1500 could b a sick deal for some of u out there buying a bunch of stuff or one key piece of equipment
    I like free shipping..........I mean "really free".........not where they add it to the selling price and say it' free.