Mnmlsm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mnmlsm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mnmlsm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mnmlsm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mnmlsm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mnmlsm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mnmlsm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mnmlsm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mnmlsm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mnmlsm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mnmlsm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

My Journey to loosing fat! :)

Hell folks,

I am new to BB, but I have decided to share my plan for loosing fat!

Currently I am using the 12 weeks lean body plan of Lee Labrada. It feels great (I am already in week 2 day1). For some reason I can`t post the link to the plan, but you can find it easily on the BB website. I am on this plan for about a week, but I have started training in the end of 2013.

I am on strict low-carb diet. I am eating 4-5 times a day. I am consuming 2 whey shakes a day. I am consuming l-carnitine and fat burner prior to every work out. I am also consuming BCAA during the workout.

I am planning into going Aniaml Cuts/Animal Pak cycle in a week or so.

Here is an example of my meal:
    09:00 right after my workout 32 gr of whey shake combined with 1.5% milk. Feels great!
    12:00 I am having a good 125-130gr of grilled chicken breasts (no oil no fat, just grilled) with 150gr of vegetables
    15:00 I am having another whey shake (32gr) with 1.5 milk + some fruit (banana or green apple)
    17:00 I am having another 130-140gr of grilled chicken breasts with 150gr of vegetables
    20:30 I am having 5-8 eggs (2-3 yolks max) with some almonds

I am fan of training on empty stomach, as I don`t feel bad while doing it. I feel energetic from the l-carnitine, the burner and the BCAA.

What do you think? Any critique?

AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sounds like a lot of bro science to me

IIFYM for the win

Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz
    You are not eating enough fats, and you are taking supplements that are going to do more or less nothing in the long run.

You need to figure out how many calories you should be eating a day first, not just certain foods you think are "clean"
    Eat the damn yolk.

Mnmlsm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mnmlsm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mnmlsm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mnmlsm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mnmlsm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mnmlsm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mnmlsm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mnmlsm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mnmlsm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mnmlsm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mnmlsm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by AncientYouth View Post
    Sounds like a lot of bro science to me

IIFYM for the win
    Ive calculated it with the IIFYM and it is pretty much the same. Although, I am getting a bit lower than the "reckless" caloric deficit.

Originally Posted by Gxp23 View Post
    You are not eating enough fats, and you are taking supplements that are going to do more or less nothing in the long run.

You need to figure out how many calories you should be eating a day first, not just certain foods you think are "clean"
    Thank you for the advice! I used the IIFYM tool and I am getting odd results. I want to loose weight so I should be eating around 2700 calories a day, which is above what I am currently getting.

I was thinking that I am getting a decent amount of fat via the milk that I am consuming with the whey shake. I am also consuming egg yolks which have decent amount of fats. I am fan of the tuna, so there are some fats, as well.

What do you mean by "you are taking supplements that are going to do more or less nothing in the long run"?

Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Mnmlsm View Post
    Thank you for the advice! I used the IIFYM tool and I am getting odd results. I want to loose weight so I should be eating around 2700 calories a day, which is above what I am currently getting.

I was thinking that I am getting a decent amount of fat via the milk that I am consuming with the whey shake. I am also consuming egg yolks which have decent amount of fats. I am fan of the tuna, so there are some fats, as well.

What do you mean by "you are taking supplements that are going to do more or less nothing in the long run"?
    How much fat are you consuming in grams? 0.4-0.5g per per lb of lean mass is ideal, I myself eat between 150g-200g some days, love a high fat diet.

Well for example, L-carnitine isnt going to do chit, unless you take it in very high doses apparently, so that is a waste of money, fat burners, they dont do chit, they dont burn fat, they just fill you will caffiene and supress your appetite in some cases, so drop these supps and save your money for some nutritious foods.

BCAA are pointless if you are consuming enough protein, they are not needed as you will have sufficient aminos in your blood stream once it has been digested etc, and taking them during training, depending on serving size, will break your fast.

If you are going to eat 5-8 eggs, eat 5-8 whole eggs, do not waste the precious yolk, if anything, its the white you should be tossing as it only contains protein and trace levels of carbs (not important) while the yolk contains fats, protein and a plethora of nutrients, dont toss the white, I was just giving you an example.

I would also drop the bogus 12 week programme that is obviously there to encourage you to buy supplements that you do not need, which you have, and by the looks of things really does not take into account anything to do with nutrition other than you need to be in a deficit.

A rational diet, comprised of foods that you yourself enjoy (minimally processed ofc) can easily be factored into your daily calorie allowance, allowing you to still lose weight, feel satiated (full) and keep you mentally stable in what I personally think should be slow and steady journey, not a "12 weeks to shred" bullchit marketing scheme.
    Eat the damn yolk.

NeverK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Gxp23 View Post
    How much fat are you consuming in grams? 0.4-0.5g per per lb of lean mass is ideal, I myself eat between 150g-200g some days, love a high fat diet.

Well for example, L-carnitine isnt going to do chit, unless you take it in very high doses apparently, so that is a waste of money, fat burners, they dont do chit, they dont burn fat, they just fill you will caffiene and supress your appetite in some cases, so drop these supps and save your money for some nutritious foods.

BCAA are pointless if you are consuming enough protein, they are not needed as you will have sufficient aminos in your blood stream once it has been digested etc, and taking them during training, depending on serving size, will break your fast.

If you are going to eat 5-8 eggs, eat 5-8 whole eggs, do not waste the precious yolk, if anything, its the white you should be tossing as it only contains protein and trace levels of carbs (not important) while the yolk contains fats, protein and a plethora of nutrients, dont toss the white, I was just giving you an example.

I would also drop the bogus 12 week programme that is obviously there to encourage you to buy supplements that you do not need, which you have, and by the looks of things really does not take into account anything to do with nutrition other than you need to be in a deficit.

A rational diet, comprised of foods that you yourself enjoy (minimally processed ofc) can easily be factored into your daily calorie allowance, allowing you to still lose weight, feel satiated (full) and keep you mentally stable in what I personally think should be slow and steady journey, not a "12 weeks to shred" bullchit marketing scheme.
    Everything you need to know ^^^^

It sounds like you are making this a whole lot more complicated than it needs to be. And from my limited experience, the more complicated = less chance of sticking with it long-term.

Good luck though.

Thank you for the quick reply, mate! Much appreciated!

I am consuming between 80-110 carbs a day which I think is decent. I don`t feel hungry and I feel energetic in the gym to complete my work outs. I do a lot of cardio.

I am consuming between 50-70 fats a day. Again, I think this intake should fit my needs. I am mostly getting them from the milk and the yolks. I will not be throwing the yolks from now on, as you mentioned they are good source of healthy fats. With the yolks and the milk, I am having decent amount of fats. Sometimes I am adding some cheese with whole bread to the daily meal to enhance the fats/carbs amount.

Regarding the protein. I am getting it from the whey shakes and from the meat. I am mainly going for turkey, chicken breast,beef or eggs.

I feel like my workouts are more intense since I am getting the l-carnitine and the fat burner. However, I am thinking of dropping them for Animal Cuts/Animal Pak cycle. Since I am taking BCAA during the workout, I feel more energetic and the regeneration is quicker. Maybe is just in my brain.

I am following the 12 week program as a guide. I know that this 12 weeks to loose 50kilos are marketing stuff. I am just using it as guide. I am not getting the supplements from the plan, as I think they are overkill.

What you think?

Thank you for the quick reply, mate! Much appreciated!

I am consuming between 80-110 carbs a day which I think is decent. I don`t feel hungry and I feel energetic in the gym to complete my work outs. I do a lot of cardio.

I am consuming between 50-70 fats a day. Again, I think this intake should fit my needs. I am mostly getting them from the milk and the yolks. I will not be throwing the yolks from now on, as you mentioned they are good source of healthy fats. With the yolks and the milk, I am having decent amount of fats. Sometimes I am adding some cheese with whole bread to the daily meal to enhance the fats/carbs amount.

Regarding the protein. I am getting it from the whey shakes and from the meat. I am mainly going for turkey, chicken breast,beef or eggs.

I feel like my workouts are more intense since I am getting the l-carnitine and the fat burner. However, I am thinking of dropping them for Animal Cuts/Animal Pak cycle. Since I am taking BCAA during the workout, I feel more energetic and the regeneration is quicker. Maybe is just in my brain.

I am following the 12 week program as a guide. I know that this 12 weeks to loose 50kilos are marketing stuff. I am just using it as guide. I am not getting the supplements from the plan, as I think they are overkill.

What you think?
    If anything, keep the BCAA, I will admitt, I did feel increased recovery when I used them, but I just eat more protein now instead of taking the BCAA so it evens out.

Animal products are very expensive, and wont do anything special for you, maybe a placebo, but in reality, all its doing is emptying your wallet. Eating at a deficit and training hard is the best method of burning fat out there, dont get drawn in by the fancy pictures, ripped cover models, and fancy chemical words on these supps, we have all been there and had to learn the hard, expensive way.

The only supps I would agree with taking are;

Whey (Only if I need the calories)
    Creatine (Respond ok to it, I would not bother with this atm though if I were you)
    Fish oil (Sore joints and these seem to help me)
    Multi-vitamin (For those days I dont get the veggies in, although there is debate on whether they are really worth it these days)

Keep it simple, they are called supplements for a reason, they are there to supplement your diet when you cant eat food, not to work some magic inside your body.
    Eat the damn yolk.

Thank you man! If anyone have some critique to share, please do!

celtic723 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) celtic723 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) celtic723 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) celtic723 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) celtic723 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) celtic723 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) celtic723 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) celtic723 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) celtic723 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) celtic723 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) celtic723 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    0.45g of Fat per lb of BODYWEIGHT, not LBM.
    *Cutting for life crew*
    *More negs for being fat than giving bad advice crew*

Ego = 1/Knowledge "More the knowledge lesser the Ego, lesser the knowledge, more the Ego" - Albert Einstein

Dec 1st 2013 - 231lbs
    Feb 10th 2014 -209lbs

GOAL: 180lbs

Ah, yeah. I have noticed that just now.

AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No additional benefit in eating lots of meals a day if you don't want to

MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    50-70g of fat a day is not enough. The fact that you gave a 20g range like that leads me to believe you don't really get as much as you think. It's not about how much you feel is enough. It's about hitting your minimums. They are minimums for a reason.

Drop the training program and pick uo a beginner barbell routine instead.

Your diet is very boring. Lacking in creativity and you will eventually get sick of it or end up bingeing because it's so restrictive. You need some diversity.

With the eggs, the milk and the almonds sometimes I am going above 100. I agree, I will be trying to staying between 90-110 fats.

The program is really satisfactory so far. I want to see how it will be for few weeks and maybe I will drop it. Try it and see, right?

The diet is really pleasant, so far. I am eating different meats (fish,beef,chicken or turkey). I am not only grilling sometimes I am steaming them and mixing with different type of veges. Of course if it starts to get boring, I will see what I am going to do.

Cheers and many thanks!

With the eggs, the milk and the almonds sometimes I am going above 100. I agree, I will be trying to staying between 90-110 fats.

The program is really satisfactory so far. I want to see how it will be for few weeks and maybe I will drop it. Try it and see, right?

The diet is really pleasant, so far. I am eating different meats (fish,beef,chicken or turkey). I am not only grilling sometimes I am steaming them and mixing with different type of veges. Of course if it starts to get boring, I will see what I am going to do.

Cheers and many thanks!
    Jump over to the exercise section and look for a good beginners programme based on strength development like others have mentioned, you will benefit from it greatly.
    Eat the damn yolk.

MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Cheers and many thanks!
    I'm not trying to nit pick but first you say you hit 50-70 then you say that you hit sometimes over 100g in fat. You do realize that caloric difference between all those numbers right. Consistency is important.

Originally Posted by MrM27 View Post
    I'm not trying to nit pick but first you say you hit 50-70 then you say that you hit sometimes over 100g in fat. You do realize that caloric difference between all those numbers right. Consistency is important.
    Sorry, you are absolutely right. I have used a kitchen scale to be absolutely exact. I am getting 90gr~ fat. This varies with +5/-5.

Just decided to throw an updated on how everything is going for me! Back in January 2014, I was around 130kg. Now, I am solid 96kg. Its already a lifestyle!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...59362147_o.jpg