iemcj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking Going to be in a "300 Spartan" photoshoot next week!

Hey guys! I have a great opportunity coming up to be part of a photoshoot! Basically it’s going to be a “300” cosplay thing with capes, swords, shields, the whole getup. I’m in pretty good shape right now (semi pro football) and the shoot is next monday. What should I do to look the most ripped possible before then?

The main thing I’m supposed to emphasize is abs and definition and looking “cut” since that’s the way they look in the movie. Should I lift crazy hard the day before? Or do a super heavy workout tomorrow then every day go progressively lighter weights and lower reps? I know since it’s only a week away that only so much can be done but I really want to make this thing look awesome.

Should I try to get dehydrated the day leading up to the shoot? I’m honestly not sure what to do for something purely cosmetic like this, I know to let muscles rest for two days before I’d do football games and track meets but what should I do for something like this? Totally psyched, thanks guys!

orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Congrats on your selection.

Check the "contest prep" section...they will probably be more helpful. Check out Layne Norton's "Peak Week" thread sticky.

Registered User lightweightiron's Avatar
    lightweightiron is just really nice. (+1000) lightweightiron is just really nice. (+1000) lightweightiron is just really nice. (+1000) lightweightiron is just really nice. (+1000) lightweightiron is just really nice. (+1000) lightweightiron is just really nice. (+1000) lightweightiron is just really nice. (+1000) lightweightiron is just really nice. (+1000) lightweightiron is just really nice. (+1000) lightweightiron is just really nice. (+1000) lightweightiron is just really nice. (+1000)
    One week to get shredded isn't going to do much. All you can really do is eat super clean for the next week and maybe do some HIIT and ab work. Maybe lift in the high rep range would even help. Just right before the photo shoot I would do a 24 fast drinking only water to hydrate and fill your veins and then lift some weight to get a good pump.

Other then that really isn't anything you can do.

Cool beans. Thanks guys. Like I said I'm already in pretty good shape, just looking for any tips to "maximize" things you know? I'll do a search for the "peak week" thread, thanks Orange. Sounds exactly like what I'm looking to do (perhaps it's what professional bodybuilders do before they go on stage??)

And thaknks lightweight. I'll be planning a general low-carb diet the next week and try to cut out any other junk food. Not that much anyways since I have semi pro football practice starting this month anyways.

So you're saying to basically not eat the day leading up to the shoot? Just drink water? Hmm. I'll look into that. Not that I don't trust ya, just seems a little strange to me so just wanted to make sure I read that right. Thanks a lot everyone, I'll post pictures once it's done! (Shouldn't be too long since the 300 movie sequel is coming out in a month)

Registered User lightweightiron's Avatar
    lightweightiron is just really nice. (+1000) lightweightiron is just really nice. (+1000) lightweightiron is just really nice. (+1000) lightweightiron is just really nice. (+1000) lightweightiron is just really nice. (+1000) lightweightiron is just really nice. (+1000) lightweightiron is just really nice. (+1000) lightweightiron is just really nice. (+1000) lightweightiron is just really nice. (+1000) lightweightiron is just really nice. (+1000) lightweightiron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by iemcj View Post
    Cool beans. Thanks guys. Like I said I'm already in pretty good shape, just looking for any tips to "maximize" things you know? I'll do a search for the "peak week" thread, thanks Orange. Sounds exactly like what I'm looking to do (perhaps it's what professional bodybuilders do before they go on stage??)

And thaknks lightweight. I'll be planning a general low-carb diet the next week and try to cut out any other junk food. Not that much anyways since I have semi pro football practice starting this month anyways.

So you're saying to basically not eat the day leading up to the shoot? Just drink water? Hmm. I'll look into that. Not that I don't trust ya, just seems a little strange to me so just wanted to make sure I read that right. Thanks a lot everyone, I'll post pictures once it's done! (Shouldn't be too long since the 300 movie sequel is coming out in a month)
    My only thought process about not eating before would be because I eat a **** ton and I always walk around bloated from the food. But once in a blue moon I just stop eating for a couple meals and I am not so bloated so I am 5x smaller in my stomach which results in ab exposure.

But yeah I would look it up to verify.

lol. Yeah I have two kids under 3 so I don't have time to over eat. Heck it's difficult to eat more than twice a day!

Again thanks for the tips everyone, reading laynes article now actually.