AbdoBa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation I don't know what i have to do! HELP

Hi.
    I'm 18 years old, Male, 5'7 and 143lbs
    My BMI is in normal range.
    I don't really know my bf% but i think it's around 25%
    and I don't know what I have to do! I tried to build some muscles with a calorie deficit and it works but I didn't loose a lot of fat I think :|
    Any advice on what should I do?!

CoachDanBolduc is on a distinguished road. (+10) CoachDanBolduc is on a distinguished road. (+10) CoachDanBolduc is on a distinguished road. (+10) CoachDanBolduc is on a distinguished road. (+10) CoachDanBolduc is on a distinguished road. (+10) CoachDanBolduc is on a distinguished road. (+10) CoachDanBolduc is on a distinguished road. (+10) CoachDanBolduc is on a distinguished road. (+10) CoachDanBolduc is on a distinguished road. (+10) CoachDanBolduc is on a distinguished road. (+10) CoachDanBolduc is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I would suggest starting by taking measurements of your body size and weight ( measure everything they have you track for your bodybuilding account.

Then start following a nutritional plan and a workout program . stay faithful for a few months and measure progress as you go. Id measure weekly or biweekly to keep a decent history/chart.
    " Death is coming for all of us, I intend to deserve it" - Unknown
    "There is no such thing as pain." - Me
    "If there is such a thing as pain, it's temporary" - Me
    "If I quit, I didn't deserve it in the first place." - Me

Coach Dan Bolduc
    Level 4-NTS Archery Coach

"boulder shoulders" fade2green514's Avatar
    fade2green514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fade2green514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fade2green514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fade2green514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fade2green514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fade2green514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fade2green514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fade2green514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fade2green514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fade2green514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fade2green514 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i'd bulk at that weight regardless of body fat. having more muscle mass increases your metabolism so you need to add some muscle imo.

building muscle requires lots of protein, enough fat, and a caloric SURPLUS not a deficit. your muscles need more building blocks and more energy.

oh and if you aren't already, a proven workout program like fierce 5 is highly recommended to maximize results.

Bork77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bork77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bork77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bork77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bork77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bork77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bork77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bork77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bork77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bork77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bork77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah, you're not going to have a lot of success gaining muscle/strength at a deficit. It's working a bit for you so far because you're new and you're really young. But I agree that your best bet is to bulk first - eat at a surplus with your macros straight (read some stickies), follow a good, established newbie lifting program, and just stick with it. If you still feel like you have too much fat in a few months, you can always cut down. But I expect that 6 months of heavy lifting and eating right will solve a lot for you.

At 18, your metabolism is prime to accomplish pretty much any change you want.

dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by fade2green514 View Post
    i'd bulk at that weight regardless of body fat. having more muscle mass increases your metabolism so you need to add some muscle imo.

building muscle requires lots of protein, enough fat, and a caloric SURPLUS not a deficit. your muscles need more building blocks and more energy.

oh and if you aren't already, a proven workout program like fierce 5 is highly recommended to maximize results.
    Caloric surplus while at 25% BF?????

@ OP, eat at maintenance as you can build muscle and lose fat simultaneously..

I recommend 1.2g of protein/lbs of body weight as a minimum
    As for your fat intake you need to hit at least 0.45g/lbs of body weight, and the rest of the remaining calories is according to your personal preference.
    “One of the greatest experiences in life is achieving personal goals that others said would be, ‘impossible to attain.’ Be proud of your success and share your story with others.” -Robert Cheeke

Smile

Originally Posted by fade2green514 View Post

Originally Posted by Bork77 View Post
    Yeah, you're not going to have a lot of success gaining muscle/strength at a deficit. It's working a bit for you so far because you're new and you're really young. But I agree that your best bet is to bulk first - eat at a surplus with your macros straight (read some stickies), follow a good, established newbie lifting program, and just stick with it. If you still feel like you have too much fat in a few months, you can always cut down. But I expect that 6 months of heavy lifting and eating right will solve a lot for you.

At 18, your metabolism is prime to accomplish pretty much any change you want.
    Originally Posted by CoachDanBolduc View Post
    I would suggest starting by taking measurements of your body size and weight ( measure everything they have you track for your bodybuilding account.

Then start following a nutritional plan and a workout program . stay faithful for a few months and measure progress as you go. Id measure weekly or biweekly to keep a decent history/chart.
    Originally Posted by dest0 View Post
    Caloric surplus while at 25% BF?????

@ OP, eat at maintenance as you can build muscle and lose fat simultaneously..

I recommend 1.2g of protein/lbs of body weight as a minimum
    As for your fat intake you need to hit at least 0.45g/lbs of body weight, and the rest of the remaining calories is according to your personal preference.
    Thank you all guys!
    But now i really don't know what i have to do!
    I have A LOT of fat i'm afraid that if i bulk i'll take so long in cutting!
    I tend to "dest0" reaply atm

But i need more advices. Feel free to say anything

ExpatAussie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ExpatAussie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ExpatAussie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ExpatAussie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ExpatAussie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ExpatAussie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ExpatAussie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ExpatAussie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ExpatAussie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ExpatAussie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ExpatAussie has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by AbdoBa View Post
    But i need more advices. Feel free to say anything
    If you are really at 25% fat don't bulk. Yes, you do need to put on some muscle, but it's more urgent you lose weight. Getting too fat leaves damage, and it's not healthy.

I do agree you need to count everything, since you're trying and not getting results. You also need to be on a good program.

A good workout program is the Fierce 5 program. The program creator is a mod here and you can get advice on it.

The key nutrition info is contained in Emma Leigh's macro thread.

I recommend you track everything and reduce calories by 200 per day each week until you are reliably losing at least 1 pound per week. Bulking can wait until around 15% BF IMO.
    Jan - Mar Motivational Weight Loss Thread - Max weight: 330 lbs, 1 Nov: 278 lbs
    Start: 253 lbs, 7 Jan: 250 lbs, 14 Jan: 245.5 lbs, 21 Jan: 242.4 lbs, 28 Jan: 239.8 lbs
    4 Feb: 245.3 lbs, 11 Feb: 241.6 lbs, 18 Feb: 236.5 lbs, 25 Feb: 234.2 lbs
    3 Mar: ?? lbs, 10 Mar: ?? lbs, 17 Mar: ?? lbs, 24 Mar: ?? lbs, 31 Mar: ?? lbs

Unhappy

Originally Posted by ExpatAussie View Post
    If you are really at 25% fat don't bulk. Yes, you do need to put on some muscle, but it's more urgent you lose weight. Getting too fat leaves damage, and it's not healthy.

I do agree you need to count everything, since you're trying and not getting results. You also need to be on a good program.

A good workout program is the Fierce 5 program. The program creator is a mod here and you can get advice on it.

The key nutrition info is contained in Emma Leigh's macro thread.

I recommend you track everything and reduce calories by 200 per day each week until you are reliably losing at least 1 pound per week. Bulking can wait until around 15% BF IMO.
    I'll be so skinny if i lost more weight! Because i have a lot of fat and normal weight atm. *tell me if i'm wrong*
    But thank you for your advice anyway

cerigitts is just really nice. (+1000) cerigitts is just really nice. (+1000) cerigitts is just really nice. (+1000) cerigitts is just really nice. (+1000) cerigitts is just really nice. (+1000) cerigitts is just really nice. (+1000) cerigitts is just really nice. (+1000) cerigitts is just really nice. (+1000) cerigitts is just really nice. (+1000) cerigitts is just really nice. (+1000) cerigitts is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you really are at 25% body-fat you should not bulk.

If you bulk, you will just get fatter, muscle gain is harder when your above 15% BF

You'd be better off coming to terms that you'll be skinny & dropping your BF% and then lean bulking.