imjustgettinit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

My Girlfriends Eating Habits

--i originally posted this in a different category, got several replies telling me to post it here. So here it goes.

we've been together for a little over a year. When we first started dating she was a healthy 115lbs, about 5'2..5'3. She ate healthy, lifted with me, and did cardio once a week.

I don't know what happened but over time ive slowly noticed her eating less, lifting less, but running like a fiend.
    We live together, so we're pretty much together all the time except when shes working. from what i see Her diet is horrendous- skips breakfast, eats a ricecake or yogurt at lunch, spinach at night. Every once in a while she'll eat cottage cheese or an apple. No meat, at all. i mean there is a chance shes eating at work and im worrying for nothing.

She's complaining of headaches and last week she passed out at work. I picked her up and wanted to take her to the ER but she just wanted to go home. That night I made her get on the scale and she weighs 97lbs.

Shes got no boobs, hardly any a**, she's constantly sick. I suspect its because of her diet. I tried confronting her about it but she just gets all defensive and shuts me out.

So do I start feeding her in her sleep?
    Lol. No but I really do care about the girl, I don't know how long someone can live on this kinda diet.

amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Sounds like an eating disorder to me. She needs help from Dr/psychologist. Hope some of the ladies here can point you in a more specific direction- do you live in the US?
    Training journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151424793

1aprado has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 1aprado has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 1aprado has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 1aprado has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 1aprado has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Sounds like she's trying to get your attention OP. talk to her

Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm sorry OP, but no one is going to be able to help you here.
    Does she have an ED past?
    It sounds like she's in the beginning stages of an ED. The unfortunate thing with any addiction is that the person who is addicted is not going to het help until they're ready. If you push too much she may shut you out completely.
    She needs professional help, hopefully she sees that

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It sounds like an ED. Talk to her mother, sister, trusted girl friend, whoever. It's going to be a very long road for her, but you can't fix her - you can only encourage her to seek help.

Originally Posted by amiaow View Post
    Sounds like an eating disorder to me. She needs help from Dr/psychologist. Hope some of the ladies here can point you in a more specific direction- do you live in the US?
    Yes, US

Originally Posted by Cara0915 View Post
    I'm sorry OP, but no one is going to be able to help you here.
    Does she have an ED past?
    It sounds like she's in the beginning stages of an ED. The unfortunate thing with any addiction is that the person who is addicted is not going to het help until they're ready. If you push too much she may shut you out completely.
    She needs professional help, hopefully she sees that
    I was afraid of that.
    I'm not positive- I know she was overweight as a child and got picked on a lot, by her dad mainly. To this day her mom still pulls out pictures and says "look at how fat you were!"
    I know she lost around 30 pounds at some point in highschool, but she claims she did that 'the healthy way.'
    Thank you for the help.

hutchae84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hutchae84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hutchae84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Speaking as someone who previously had an ED, it's going to be up to your girlfriend to change. I am 5'4 and got down to 95 pounds when I was at my worse. No matter how concerned my family, friends, boyfriend or even multiple doctors were I didn't change and I'm sad to say I even fed off of all the concern as a triumph. My ED developed for a need of control since my life felt out of control (bf who was cheating, break from school, so much uncertainty) and my turn around point was noticing a bald patch and realizing I couldn't carry on with not giving my body the nutrients it needed.

Again you can't make her change but try and figure out if there is something creating these changes (control is a big one), also compliment her old figure (she probably thinks you think she looks better now), and don't hesitate to contact support organizations for people who know someone dealing with an ED, they will able to give you valuable advice.

I hope everything gets better for your gf soon, she is in a tough place.

NinaGabrielle is on a distinguished road. (+10) NinaGabrielle is on a distinguished road. (+10) NinaGabrielle is on a distinguished road. (+10) NinaGabrielle is on a distinguished road. (+10) NinaGabrielle is on a distinguished road. (+10) NinaGabrielle is on a distinguished road. (+10) NinaGabrielle is on a distinguished road. (+10) NinaGabrielle is on a distinguished road. (+10) NinaGabrielle is on a distinguished road. (+10) NinaGabrielle is on a distinguished road. (+10) NinaGabrielle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by imjustgettinit View Post
    --i originally posted this in a different category, got several replies telling me to post it here. So here it goes.

we've been together for a little over a year. When we first started dating she was a healthy 115lbs, about 5'2..5'3. She ate healthy, lifted with me, and did cardio once a week.

I don't know what happened but over time ive slowly noticed her eating less, lifting less, but running like a fiend.
    We live together, so we're pretty much together all the time except when shes working. from what i see Her diet is horrendous- skips breakfast, eats a ricecake or yogurt at lunch, spinach at night. Every once in a while she'll eat cottage cheese or an apple. No meat, at all. i mean there is a chance shes eating at work and im worrying for nothing.

She's complaining of headaches and last week she passed out at work. I picked her up and wanted to take her to the ER but she just wanted to go home. That night I made her get on the scale and she weighs 97lbs.

Shes got no boobs, hardly any a**, she's constantly sick. I suspect its because of her diet. I tried confronting her about it but she just gets all defensive and shuts me out.

So do I start feeding her in her sleep?
    Lol. No but I really do care about the girl, I don't know how long someone can live on this kinda diet.
    Honestly I actually went through this last year. If you look at my profile one of my pics in a bathing suit I was down to 105lbs. I wasn't eating more than maybe a salad a day but drinking a lot of water. My boyfriend pointed out I had no boobs, my ribs were showing and that I looked like I was wasting away. It took hearing that over and over to see it and seeing pics of myself. I started drinking a weight gainer and slowly was able to eat more, now up to 122 lbs. until she is able to see it on her own sadly she won't be able to change.