Thread: Lagging Abs

trainhardfgt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lagging Abs

Before you say it, no its not genetics.

My left side abs are bigger and more defined than my right side, most noticeable in my top left ab compared to the top right ab. In the end of my ab workout, I find my self leaning to one side and have to correct my form constantly due to my right abs struggling, showing the strength imbalance.

I was wondering if there was a specific workout or modified form (twisting to one side while doing crunches, etc) that would specifically target my right side of my abs (looking down on my stomach from my point of view).

Also, if I am doing dumbbell side bends, which obliques does it target. (If i have dumbbell in my left hand, bending to my left knee, does it target my left obliques or right?)

-Thanks for helping a amateur

nobody can help?

Kanexyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kanexyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kanexyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kanexyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kanexyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kanexyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kanexyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kanexyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kanexyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kanexyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kanexyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    muscle imbalance?

well I think that can happen if you body weight is not equally distributed. Like my left arm are smaller than right arm. So I think that's why right abs is taking more weight when i'm doing body weight crunch.

or

you often do other sport that use one side of muscle more than other side. like golf, baseball etc.

I believe twisting one side can also help. Or hold some 2.5 or 5 kgs plate on your right side when doing crunch.

or either use crunch machine, side prank

Thanks for the info.
    And do you know which side of the obliques are trained doing side bends?

CowsGoMeow is on a distinguished road. (+10) CowsGoMeow is on a distinguished road. (+10) CowsGoMeow is on a distinguished road. (+10) CowsGoMeow is on a distinguished road. (+10) CowsGoMeow is on a distinguished road. (+10) CowsGoMeow is on a distinguished road. (+10) CowsGoMeow is on a distinguished road. (+10) CowsGoMeow is on a distinguished road. (+10) CowsGoMeow is on a distinguished road. (+10) CowsGoMeow is on a distinguished road. (+10) CowsGoMeow is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The opposite side,you crunch the opposite side.

Fitchick93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitchick93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitchick93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitchick93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitchick93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitchick93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitchick93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitchick93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitchick93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitchick93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitchick93 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    technically, you can't workout just parts of your abs since its it all one muscle. you can do certain workouts that workout a section more than the other sections, but the whole muscle will be worked.

to be specific, I am talking about the "6 pack" part
    Last edited by Fitchick93; 02-03-2014 at 07:34 PM.

Vinsanity32 is just really nice. (+1000) Vinsanity32 is just really nice. (+1000) Vinsanity32 is just really nice. (+1000) Vinsanity32 is just really nice. (+1000) Vinsanity32 is just really nice. (+1000) Vinsanity32 is just really nice. (+1000) Vinsanity32 is just really nice. (+1000) Vinsanity32 is just really nice. (+1000) Vinsanity32 is just really nice. (+1000) Vinsanity32 is just really nice. (+1000) Vinsanity32 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Squats & Deadlifts.
    "i dont spend hours on this forum posting pictures of myself so other teens can judge my body and tell me how great or not great my abs are like some 13 year old girl slumber party." -stomperfood

I rep back son <3

Gunnnar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gunnnar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gunnnar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gunnnar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gunnnar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gunnnar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gunnnar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gunnnar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gunnnar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gunnnar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gunnnar will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by trainhardfgt View Post
    Before you say it, no its not genetics.

My left side abs are bigger and more defined than my right side, most noticeable in my top left ab compared to the top right ab. In the end of my ab workout, I find my self leaning to one side and have to correct my form constantly due to my right abs struggling, showing the strength imbalance.

I was wondering if there was a specific workout or modified form (twisting to one side while doing crunches, etc) that would specifically target my right side of my abs (looking down on my stomach from my point of view).

Also, if I am doing dumbbell side bends, which obliques does it target. (If i have dumbbell in my left hand, bending to my left knee, does it target my left obliques or right?)

-Thanks for helping a amateur
    Do leg raises

Originally Posted by Fitchick93 View Post
    technically, you can't workout just parts of your abs since its it all one muscle. you can do certain workouts that workout a section more than the other sections, but the whole muscle will be worked.

to be specific, I am talking about the "6 pack" part
    Than what's an exercise or technique that puts the most strain on the right side?