fluttergirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Low-Carb Ketogenic Diet and PCOS

I am entering week 4 of the LiveFit trainer, and although I have been following the program closely, I am not seeing significant changes in weight/measurements/BMI. I saw an immediate improvement when I first started (down ~10lbs and a couple inches in the first week) but now my progress seems to have stalled.

I know it is still early and I am probably just being impatient, but I am giving serious thought to adopting a LCKD for the remainder of the program, since I have PCOS and have read some articles/studies that show this may be an effective route for someone with this condition.

Just wondering what the community's thoughts are on this type of meal plan in relation to muscle building and fat loss, and if any of the women in this group have experience with PCOS and/or a LCKD?

AverageAngel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AverageAngel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AverageAngel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AverageAngel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AverageAngel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AverageAngel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AverageAngel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AverageAngel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AverageAngel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AverageAngel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AverageAngel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wow.. right up my alley.. I am 31. 5'4" 185, bf 28%. 38, 36, 44. I have been stuck at this weight/ measurement for about 2 years. I have been to the dr. no hypothyroid.. but I have horrible cystic ovaries. I lift regularly, I cardio regularly, and have a high stress job, and I do sleep ok, but can have serious boughts of jacked up sleep.. I was not getting a lot of support/ feedback from my doc about what to do to help manage my bad months.. Looking into it I saw a ton of feedback for LCHF or KD. My husband tolerated me doing this for a month. I FINALLY FINALLY made it into keto.. ( in the carb reduction process, I had to get to TEN EFFING CARBS).. ten . but I made it, kept it for a week and a half..and after 4 weeks.. i lost THREE POUNDS. THAT IS IT. I never got the keto flu, as I ate as paleo as possible as it was.( I might add, that my PCOS problems diminshed GREATLY when I elimniated gluten. No kidding) . Changed up and added to my leg routine.. and that was a horrible horrible idea. Not only was I messing with nutrient intake, I went and put myself in a serious lactic acid Sh*t storm.. I woke up the second day after leg day, with a migraine worthy of an E.R. trip.. Since that is where I work.. I kinda knew how to fix it on my own since I knew the cause. ... but it is nearly a week later, and I am STILL in hell. I didn't know about keto gains.. much different than straight keto. Reddit has a sub for keto. SUPER DUPER helpful. .. but I will give you my opinion.. . skip the full on keto mess if you lift hard, or have a HIGH adrenaline job, unless you can really take some time off to get right.. On the other hand.. if you have 75+ # to lose, this seems to be a tremendously effective method. Good luck to you. Only you know what is right for your body.

amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Exercise improves your insulin sensitivity. There's no need to adopt any kind of ketogenic diet for management of PCOS. What is recommended is a nice healthy diet with a balance of protein, carbs and fat, same as for anyone. Are you taking metformin? That also helps many women with PCOS.

All you need to lose fat is a calorie deficit. Are you tracking your food intake? How much are you eating?
    Training journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151424793

hasinutella will become famous soon enough. (+50) hasinutella will become famous soon enough. (+50) hasinutella will become famous soon enough. (+50) hasinutella will become famous soon enough. (+50) hasinutella will become famous soon enough. (+50) hasinutella will become famous soon enough. (+50) hasinutella will become famous soon enough. (+50) hasinutella will become famous soon enough. (+50) hasinutella will become famous soon enough. (+50) hasinutella will become famous soon enough. (+50) hasinutella will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I tried Keto for two days and both times I failed. My body just needs carbs! At least 90g of carbs. Maybe you should change your exercise routine for a bit so your body finds it more challenging?

CajunSpecial will become famous soon enough. (+50) CajunSpecial will become famous soon enough. (+50) CajunSpecial will become famous soon enough. (+50) CajunSpecial will become famous soon enough. (+50) CajunSpecial will become famous soon enough. (+50) CajunSpecial will become famous soon enough. (+50) CajunSpecial will become famous soon enough. (+50) CajunSpecial will become famous soon enough. (+50) CajunSpecial will become famous soon enough. (+50) CajunSpecial will become famous soon enough. (+50) CajunSpecial will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Best thing is to see if it works for you. With the PCOS, it may be helpful and you'll feel better but the only way to know is to try it. Low carb is not very popular here but for some, it's an easier way to diet (and harder for others) and sometimes recommended for medical reasons. I feel better on lower carbs, not actually ketogenic levels, but lower than the average person. My strength and workouts haven't suffered for it either. Good luck.