Benitz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benitz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benitz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benitz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benitz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benitz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benitz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benitz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benitz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benitz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benitz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thank god for spotters

I went to my second ever competition today and on my 3rd bench attempt I dropped the weight. I had already locked out my arms and was waiting for the rack command. At the top I felt the weight "rolling" towards my body the next thing I know the weight is about an inch from body. I some how lost the weight up top. I know my form is pretty crappy and but how could this happen? I talked to the spotters to thank them and they said they have never seem someone lose the bar after pressing it and locking out. I don't use suicide grip for this exact reason. Any thoughts on what I might have done wrong or what I can do to prevent this from happening again would be great.

Stratostix is just really nice. (+1000) Stratostix is just really nice. (+1000) Stratostix is just really nice. (+1000) Stratostix is just really nice. (+1000) Stratostix is just really nice. (+1000) Stratostix is just really nice. (+1000) Stratostix is just really nice. (+1000) Stratostix is just really nice. (+1000) Stratostix is just really nice. (+1000) Stratostix is just really nice. (+1000) Stratostix is just really nice. (+1000)
    I dont understand how it could have slipped out if u had ur thumb wrapped around the bbell. Can u clarify how it slipped out? I just dont see it.

BigStewTheJew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStewTheJew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStewTheJew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStewTheJew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStewTheJew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStewTheJew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStewTheJew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStewTheJew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStewTheJew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStewTheJew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStewTheJew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Did you let your hands slip back so parallel sideways to ground? Nasty form coulda sold off the back

Benitz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benitz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benitz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benitz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benitz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benitz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benitz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benitz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benitz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benitz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benitz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well Im not sure how exactly it slipped out. I was locked up top and my wrists kinda rolled with the bar inwards and the weight just dropped down. I think as I pressed I may have struggled and the weight might have started rolling while on the bar and made my wrists roll inwards? This has never happened before. I had the bar gripped as tight as possible.

Originally Posted by BigStewTheJew View Post
    Did you let your hands slip back so parallel sideways to ground? Nasty form coulda sold off the back
    I usually start my lift and pause with my palms facing the sky but as I press up I think I flex my whole upper body and this causes the bar to roll?

Gavin93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gavin93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gavin93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gavin93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gavin93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gavin93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gavin93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gavin93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gavin93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gavin93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gavin93 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm guessing your wrist is bent pretty badly when benching, so when the weight was heavy it slid off: that or you had the weight too far back from your head and dumped it.
    Try keeping your wrists straighter and chalking up your hands before your lifts.
    "Anytime you pick up something heavy, it's a good thing. If it makes your total go up, use the $hit out of it. If it doesn't, don't." -HamburgerTrain

"The Ocean she is crazy; I once saw a dolphin jump out of the water 20 feet, and on it's way down, clubbed a girl in the head with a lead pipe."

"All chances in my hands, I must do my best." Zydrunas Savickas

Fletch1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fletch1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fletch1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fletch1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fletch1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fletch1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fletch1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fletch1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fletch1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fletch1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fletch1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    A good wrist wrap could help. I still like to do some training without wraps, otherwise I seem to forget what good wrist positioning is since the wrap provides so much of the support.

I need about tree fiddy davisj3537's Avatar
    davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    While I'm sure you could benefit from the majority of this thread, you should pay special attention to the first part.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...ch+form+thread
    Experience, not just theory

MichBigGrizzly is on a distinguished road. (+10) MichBigGrizzly is on a distinguished road. (+10) MichBigGrizzly is on a distinguished road. (+10) MichBigGrizzly is on a distinguished road. (+10) MichBigGrizzly is on a distinguished road. (+10) MichBigGrizzly is on a distinguished road. (+10) MichBigGrizzly is on a distinguished road. (+10) MichBigGrizzly is on a distinguished road. (+10) MichBigGrizzly is on a distinguished road. (+10) MichBigGrizzly is on a distinguished road. (+10) MichBigGrizzly is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Try and keep your wrists straight, you don't want your hands bent back out over the wrists, hands and elbows in a straight line
    Not saying this is what happened, just a fyi type thing friend

Thanks for all the input. I'm gonna really work on my form and keeping the wrists straight. Also I will look and read the provided link, Thanks Davis. I don't use wrist wraps but I'm gonna get some. Its just a crappy feeling. Nothing like this has ever happened and I don't want this to be in the back of my mind every time I do heavy bench.