Luke_the_Duke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Are waffles a good source of carbs?

I've started eating waffles for any extra carbs I've needed lately. They are cheap, extremely easy to make, and pretty tasty plain IMO. Are they a good idea nutrion-wise or should I go with something else?

newlifter87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) newlifter87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) newlifter87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) newlifter87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) newlifter87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) newlifter87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) newlifter87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) newlifter87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) newlifter87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) newlifter87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) newlifter87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    no they are most likely enriched flour and are really bad.
    **I rep back on recharge 1K+**

PharmD 2015

Oh. Are whole wheat waffles okay do ya think?

Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000)
    still not that great...usually they are made of enriched whole wheat and not just normal whole wheat....you just have to read the ingredients and determine if they are healthy from there.
    "Change is Inevitable, Progress Isn't"

Okay, I guess I'll stop snacking on them then. Thx.

ManowarMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ManowarMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ManowarMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ManowarMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ManowarMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ManowarMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ManowarMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ManowarMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ManowarMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ManowarMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ManowarMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Yo Luke, go with apples. Apples taste great, are very cheap, and are only a 58 on the GI. 1 medium apple has 80 calories. I always have a bag of apples in the fridge.
    The big YELLOW one is the SUN!!!!!

jazon7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    waffles are fine to eat

Great... posts that contradict each other. I guess I'll just have to check the ingrediants to see if there is white flower in them.

Yeah apples would be good. It's just that I thought simple carbs were only supposed to be eaten before or after a workout because they are absorbed so quickly.

Fudog1138 is just really nice. (+1000) Fudog1138 is just really nice. (+1000) Fudog1138 is just really nice. (+1000) Fudog1138 is just really nice. (+1000) Fudog1138 is just really nice. (+1000) Fudog1138 is just really nice. (+1000) Fudog1138 is just really nice. (+1000) Fudog1138 is just really nice. (+1000) Fudog1138 is just really nice. (+1000) Fudog1138 is just really nice. (+1000) Fudog1138 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey Luke. There's some great recipes for wheat bread french toast (egg whites if you wish), make a bunch and throw what you don't eat in the freezer . You can also get whole grain pancake mix which is essentially the same as waffles. If ya do make them, do it in bulk. There a mess to clean up.
    Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground

He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; he who does not ask a question remains a fool forever

Sometimes, Preliminary Research makes sense..... ---> A search is a terrible thing to waste!

ManowarMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ManowarMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ManowarMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ManowarMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ManowarMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ManowarMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ManowarMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ManowarMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ManowarMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ManowarMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ManowarMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Just because a carb is simple, that does not mean they have a high GI. Apples are simple carbs, but has a very low glycemic response. Long grain white rice is a complex carb, but has a GI of 109. This rice will have a major glycemic response.

Calling a carb simple or complex does not tell the whole story. The glycemic index and glycemic response is what you need to be concerned with.
    The big YELLOW one is the SUN!!!!!

newlifter87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) newlifter87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) newlifter87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) newlifter87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) newlifter87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) newlifter87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) newlifter87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) newlifter87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) newlifter87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) newlifter87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) newlifter87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by jazon7
    waffles are fine to eat
    edit "waffles are not fine to eat, unless you want to gain excess fat."

PharmD 2015

ryanc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: Are waffles a good source of carbs?

Originally posted by Luke_the_Duke
    Are they a good idea nutrion-wise or should I go with something else?

Are bagels okay as a source of carbs?
    They have around 50 grams of carbs per bagel...

Re: Re: Are waffles a good source of carbs?

Originally posted by ryanc
    Are bagels okay as a source of carbs?
    They have around 50 grams of carbs per bagel...
    No again its probably all enriched flour, if you can find a 100% whole wheat one then you should be good though.

PharmD 2015

Fit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    waffles are fine to eat
    He forgot the "NOT" in front of fine.

Terror of Tiny Town EngineThatCould's Avatar
    EngineThatCould is just really nice. (+1000) EngineThatCould is just really nice. (+1000) EngineThatCould is just really nice. (+1000) EngineThatCould is just really nice. (+1000) EngineThatCould is just really nice. (+1000) EngineThatCould is just really nice. (+1000) EngineThatCould is just really nice. (+1000) EngineThatCould is just really nice. (+1000) EngineThatCould is just really nice. (+1000) EngineThatCould is just really nice. (+1000) EngineThatCould is just really nice. (+1000)

Re: Re: Re: Are waffles a good source of carbs?

Originally posted by newlifter87
    if you can find a 100% whole wheat one then you should be good though.
    BUMP.......i eat half a bagel every morning with a protein shake. Nothing like a good breakfast on the go!
    A man hasn't truly lived until he's held a stepladder steady for a naked woman.

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Originally posted by newlifter87
    edit "waffles are not fine to eat, unless you want to gain excess fat."
    dont qoute me son....you dont know what the **** your talkin about....i have a degree in nutrition.....and the body and pics to prove you wrong......i eat waffles all the time

sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Just because you look like a freak of nature (I saw your pics) doesn't mean you know what you are talking about. You probably have a lot of knowledge though because even with steroids to get the body you got takes a lot of hard work.

As for the topic. You can get away with waffles once in a while if you are on a bulking diet, although they are not the best. On a cutting diet, you must stay away from enriched flour, which is what waffles tend to be.

Thomas whole wheat bagels are the only good whole wheat bagel I have found. A lot of fiber and some protein.
    If you always talk about how you could be in great shape if you just worked out and ate right, why don't you just work out and eat right?

I've started eating waffles for any extra carbs I've needed lately. They are cheap, extremely easy to make, and pretty tasty plain IMO. Are they a good idea nutrion-wise or should I go with something else?
    listen to the fuggin question you retards

this person is asking

"waffles for extra carbs i've needed lately"..................it says nothing about no fuggin cutting cycle, he is simply asking is it ok to eat waffles.....plus he says that he likes them....and they are no different than having 2 pieces of white bread with your turkey sandwich.......lololol......is there anybody that can please help me out on this and explain to these "kids".............now im not saying eat a pint of ben and jerrys everynight.....but ****, theres nothing wrong with eating waffles a couple times a week.......absoultely nothing wrong with it at all.........

robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Luke: Ultimately, what matters most as far as body fat management is concerned (i.e., staying lean) is total calories consumed. If eating waffles causes you to consume more calories than you are burning up each day, you will reliably see more fat on your body over time. So, eat fewer waffles, or eat less of something else.

Ideally, I suggest getting all of your calories from whole, unprocessed foods: lean cuts of beef, chicken, turkey, non-fat dairy, fish, broccoli, asparagus, spinach, brown rice. Such foods pack more nutrients into each cubic inch.

Waffles are not on this list!

If you find a protein powder to be convenient, then fine. But no dietary supplement is required to achievce optimal gains in muscle mass or reductions in body fat.

Again, ideally, I would suggest not eating waffles, but if you like them, and you watch your total calories, then you will be fine.

Best,
    Rob

sillygirl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sillygirl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sillygirl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sillygirl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sillygirl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sillygirl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sillygirl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sillygirl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sillygirl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sillygirl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sillygirl has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Okay, how about something like Kashi Go Lean waffles? Nutritional info is here:

http://www.kashi.com/goleanwaffles.html

I wouldn't eat them everyday, oatmeal would be a much better choice. But I don't see how once or twice a week would hurt, as long as they were like these [and not like Eggo or something...]

BetterBodies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BetterBodies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BetterBodies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BetterBodies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BetterBodies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BetterBodies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BetterBodies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BetterBodies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BetterBodies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BetterBodies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BetterBodies is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

this person is asking

"waffles for extra carbs i've needed lately"..................it says nothing about no fuggin cutting cycle, he is simply asking is it ok to eat waffles.....plus he says that he likes them....and they are no different than having 2 pieces of white bread with your turkey sandwich.......lololol......is there anybody that can please help me out on this and explain to these "kids".............now im not saying eat a pint of ben and jerrys everynight.....but ****, theres nothing wrong with eating waffles a couple times a week.......absoultely nothing wrong with it at all.........
    Its fine to disagree, but there is no need to get an attitude like this. These boards are a lot more constructive when people are being civil.

Luke, you have been presented a couple different viewpoints. Draw your own conclusions.
    "The strong do not simply survive...the strong prosper and flourish."

Kings Age Crew!

Lumber Black has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lumber Black has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lumber Black has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lumber Black has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lumber Black has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lumber Black has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lumber Black has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    wow i never realized waffles were such a heated issue. lol

Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000)

this person is asking

why are you comparing it to white bread? nobody suggested that as an alternative...that is just as bad....no your right...its no worse then eating white bread, its equally as bad. Also, he didnt ask if snacking on them every once in awhile is ok either. From the sounds of it he started adding it to his daily diet plan...which is NOT a good idea..there is MUCH better sources of carbs out there. What do pics prove? obviously someone can eat waffles once in awhile and have a low bodyfat...that means absolutley nothing. And has nothing to do with the question.
    "Change is Inevitable, Progress Isn't"

sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yeah. This Sunday I am gonna have 3 bowls of sugary cereal, 4 hot dogs on white bread hot dog rolls, 32oz of chocolate milk, 4 oatmeal creame pies, 2 bootleg pop tarts, some m&ms, and a piece of cake. And that's just before noon.

(I am serious when I say that, and for those wondering its my free day to eat what I want [I would say cheat day, but its not cheating if you intentionally eat this way and plan for it once a week] This thread makes me wanna go get some waffles from the store for Sunday.)
    If you always talk about how you could be in great shape if you just worked out and ate right, why don't you just work out and eat right?

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by ManowarMan
    Yo Luke, go with apples. Apples taste great, are very cheap, and are only a 58 on the GI. 1 medium apple has 80 calories. I always have a bag of apples in the fridge.
    careful of the fructose though. I wouldn't eat more than 3 a day

derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs up

Originally posted by sillygirl
    Okay, how about something like Kashi Go Lean waffles? Nutritional info is here:

http://www.kashi.com/goleanwaffles.html

I wouldn't eat them everyday, oatmeal would be a much better choice. But I don't see how once or twice a week would hurt, as long as they were like these [and not like Eggo or something...]
    They have a good amount of fiber per serving; If I were to actually eat waffles, this would be it.

Re: Re: Re: Are waffles a good source of carbs?

Originally posted by Zen_Lifter
    why are you comparing it to white bread? nobody suggested that as an alternative...that is just as bad....no your right...its no worse then eating white bread, its equally as bad. Also, he didnt ask if snacking on them every once in awhile is ok either. From the sounds of it he started adding it to his daily diet plan...which is NOT a good idea..there is MUCH better sources of carbs out there. What do pics prove? obviously someone can eat waffles once in awhile and have a low bodyfat...that means absolutley nothing. And has nothing to do with the question.
    i think most of you are very nieve.....i never compared nothing, just simply stated that waffles are no different then a turkey sandwich....so YOUR saying that a turkey sandwich is equally as bad?..........if you say that, then you really are clueless....which it sounds to me that you are anyway....so with that, your post means absolutley nothing

jaz

sillygirl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sillygirl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sillygirl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sillygirl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sillygirl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sillygirl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sillygirl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sillygirl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sillygirl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sillygirl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sillygirl has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by derekmac
    They have a good amount of fiber per serving; If I were to actually eat waffles, this would be it.
    Here's another brand of "low-carb" waffles:

http://www.wheatstonefoods.com/htm/waffles.htm

I wish they'd have more fiber, but they are lower in carbs than compared to the original ones. [about 13 grams compared to 40+ grams]. They have them on sale at Wild Oats this week 2 for $5, I might pick them up and try them.

But I still have a raincheck for the Kashi Go Lean ones- 8 at the price of 2 for $3. Mwahahahahahaha, I love Wild Oats...