terjim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) terjim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) terjim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) terjim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) terjim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) terjim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) terjim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) terjim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) terjim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) terjim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) terjim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Opinion on a mini cut in 2 weeks?

im 18 years old, have done some endurance sports, but been lifting now for 6 months on a 5x5 program jason blaha's.
    Seen GREAT progress, squat 5x5 145lbs -> 295lbs, Bench 5x5 120lbs -> 170lbs -> Deadlift 1x5 200lbs -> 330lbs:
    Im eating at a non excessive surplus, but IMO im starting to get a little too soft. Im thinking about doing a 3-4 week mini cut, probably a slighlty assertive deficit, just so i can continue gaining. I dont plan on doing a long cutting phase at my age.
    Plannign on starting the minicut at feb 10. i know im not gonna get ripped in 3-4 weeks, i just wanna cut some softness and bloat.

Whats your opinion? should i do it? how big of a deficit? will i loose a large amount of strength?

pic attached, note: i dont have a pump im cold.
    Attached Images

lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I think you should just keep slow bulking. Do the mini cut 1.5-2 months before summer.

PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Have your lifts and gains stalled?

If a mini-cut will help you mentally and something you need to do for yourself/mindset then I suppose go for it.

Personally, I would stay the course and continue bulking. Especially based on your pic.
    BRAINS & GAINS

Strong Mind + Strong Body = UNSTOPPABLE

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Keep bulking - you won't achieve anything on your mini cut plan
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

terjim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) terjim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) terjim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) terjim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) terjim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) terjim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) terjim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) terjim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) terjim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) terjim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) terjim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by lee__d View Post
    I think you should just keep slow bulking. Do the mini cut 1.5-2 months before summer.
    alright, but keep in mind, this picture is taken with a light above my head. Im very confused, lighting can make me go from soft to Shredded :S

beastlymandude is just really nice. (+1000) beastlymandude is just really nice. (+1000) beastlymandude is just really nice. (+1000) beastlymandude is just really nice. (+1000) beastlymandude is just really nice. (+1000) beastlymandude is just really nice. (+1000) beastlymandude is just really nice. (+1000) beastlymandude is just really nice. (+1000) beastlymandude is just really nice. (+1000) beastlymandude is just really nice. (+1000) beastlymandude is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by terjim View Post
    alright, but keep in mind, this picture is taken with a light above my head. Im very confused, lighting can make me go from soft to Shredded :S
    Like they^^^ said, keep bulking. You don't have enough mass yet for a cut, and a 3-4 week mini cut is too short; you won't accomplish anything noticeable during that time period.

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    lighting, no pump etc, who cares

there is no excuses for things (I take all my pics without a pump, it's actually real that way), you need to keep bulking

good luck!
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

SolorzanoJose is on a distinguished road. (+10) SolorzanoJose is on a distinguished road. (+10) SolorzanoJose is on a distinguished road. (+10) SolorzanoJose is on a distinguished road. (+10) SolorzanoJose is on a distinguished road. (+10) SolorzanoJose is on a distinguished road. (+10) SolorzanoJose is on a distinguished road. (+10) SolorzanoJose is on a distinguished road. (+10) SolorzanoJose is on a distinguished road. (+10) SolorzanoJose is on a distinguished road. (+10) SolorzanoJose is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I cringe everytime people try to come up with terms like mini-hybrid-semi-bulk-cut-transformation-without-carbs

Originally Posted by SolorzanoJose View Post
    I cringe everytime people try to come up with terms like mini-hybrid-semi-bulk-cut-transformation-without-carbs
    i am a science mofo when it comes to lifting. I do flexible dieting, so i dont do fad diets..
    I just heard a mini cut could be benificial from team3dmj in this video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdicwrIQRWk

but maybe he is talking about more advanced guys, i still consider my self a noob

DavidUnderhand will become famous soon enough. (+50) DavidUnderhand will become famous soon enough. (+50) DavidUnderhand will become famous soon enough. (+50) DavidUnderhand will become famous soon enough. (+50) DavidUnderhand will become famous soon enough. (+50) DavidUnderhand will become famous soon enough. (+50) DavidUnderhand will become famous soon enough. (+50) DavidUnderhand will become famous soon enough. (+50) DavidUnderhand will become famous soon enough. (+50) DavidUnderhand will become famous soon enough. (+50) DavidUnderhand will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    do flexible dieting,
    Please explain? and don't listen to those guys for now. Just stick to progressing in your strength and eating in a moderate surplus.
    Bench: 230. Squat:375. Deadlift:375. OHP:175 (Not Max). Pullup: +65. @165. 1/28/15

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    ^^^ Flexible dieting: compose a diet that ensures micronutrient and macronutrient sufficiency, derived predominantly from whole and minimally processed foods if possible, with remaining caloric intake being largely discretionary within the bounds of common sense.

MovereTe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MovereTe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MovereTe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MovereTe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MovereTe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MovereTe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MovereTe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MovereTe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MovereTe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MovereTe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MovereTe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    ^^^ Flexible dieting: compose a diet that ensures micronutrient and macronutrient sufficiency, derived predominantly from whole and minimally processed foods if possible, with remaining caloric intake being largely discretionary within the bounds of common sense.
    So IIFYM in a sense?

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by MovereTe View Post
    So IIFYM in a sense?
    Yes.

IIFYM's assumes common sense, but as common sense turns out to be elusive, a more concrete explanation is required.

PriceySocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PriceySocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PriceySocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PriceySocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PriceySocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PriceySocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PriceySocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PriceySocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PriceySocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PriceySocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PriceySocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Awesome progress but.... +150 lbs on the squat, +130 lbs on the deadlift and + 30 on the bench press?!

StriveForGold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StriveForGold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StriveForGold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StriveForGold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StriveForGold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StriveForGold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StriveForGold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StriveForGold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StriveForGold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StriveForGold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StriveForGold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    im 18 years old, have done some endurance sports, but been lifting now for 6 months on a 5x5 program jason blaha's.
    Seen GREAT progress, squat 5x5 145lbs -> 295lbs, Bench 5x5 120lbs -> 170lbs -> Deadlift 1x5 200lbs -> 330lbs:
    Im eating at a non excessive surplus, but IMO im starting to get a little too soft. Im thinking about doing a 3-4 week mini cut, probably a slighlty assertive deficit, just so i can continue gaining. I dont plan on doing a long cutting phase at my age.
    Plannign on starting the minicut at feb 10. i know im not gonna get ripped in 3-4 weeks, i just wanna cut some softness and bloat.

Whats your opinion? should i do it? how big of a deficit? will i loose a large amount of strength?

pic attached, note: i dont have a pump im cold.
    It's gonna take longer than 3-4 weeks for you to get ripped.