russiantorpedo is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) russiantorpedo is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) russiantorpedo is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) russiantorpedo is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) russiantorpedo is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) russiantorpedo is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) russiantorpedo is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) russiantorpedo is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) russiantorpedo is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) russiantorpedo is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) russiantorpedo is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Thicker muscles?

Hi everyone, been lifting for about 18 months. Made huge progress over this time, both in strength and physique. My muscles are fairly good, but they are kind of thin? What I want to say is that for example my biceps is quite big, but its kinda thin, and my arm is kinda flat instead of being round. Same with most of the other muscles. I see that many people get their muscles very thick, whereas mine are not? I'm not complaining about the size, but the structure? Am I doing something wrong?

Atm and almost whole time I've been doing 10-12 reps 4 sets, about 6-8 exercises per workout, so its about 24-30 sets in 1.5h time. I found that this is very effective for me, instead of 45 min workout with 12-16 sets. I've been also mixing my workout and did 5x5 couple times to increase strength.

My question is, how can I increaes the thickness of my muscles? biceps and quads in particular.

russiantorpedo is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) russiantorpedo is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) russiantorpedo is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) russiantorpedo is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) russiantorpedo is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) russiantorpedo is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) russiantorpedo is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) russiantorpedo is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) russiantorpedo is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) russiantorpedo is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) russiantorpedo is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    I've also focused on hammer curls for some months, and noticed huge improvement in arms, by deloping brachialis, but still its not too good

artvandelay02 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) artvandelay02 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) artvandelay02 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) artvandelay02 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) artvandelay02 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) artvandelay02 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) artvandelay02 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) artvandelay02 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) artvandelay02 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) artvandelay02 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) artvandelay02 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    A lot of it has to do with your body type/genetics. I'm the same way. I train the s*** out of my arms and shoulders to make up for it but at the end of the day it's gonna be harder for me to get that "thick" look compared to someone who has genes working in their favor to look that way.
    Deadlift: 575x1
    Squat: 425x1
    Bench: 260x1

182 lbs.

"There is no reason to be alive if you can't do deadlift." - Jon Pall Sigmarsson

Go Seahawks!!

MovereTe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MovereTe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MovereTe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MovereTe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MovereTe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MovereTe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MovereTe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MovereTe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MovereTe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MovereTe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MovereTe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There are some arguments that a strength/ hypertrophy hybrid program will help with building thickness. Others argue that training frequency will help. I agree with the gentleman above me, it really has mostly to do with genetics.

I'd focus on just building some size first and see if some thickness could possibly come with that.

Yea it's genetics, I tried many different things but nothing seems to help, I only get my muscles look better after long breaks. For example summer breaks about 1 1/2 months without lifting my body actually changes in a better way? Overtraining? The muscles actually get thicker and I lift bigger weights after pauses, and it stays later!

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by russiantor**** View Post
    My question is, how can I increaes the thickness of my muscles? biceps and quads in particular.
    Put in more time; @ 18 months, you've achieved a good start.

See where you're at in another 3-5 years.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

229time will become famous soon enough. (+50) 229time will become famous soon enough. (+50) 229time will become famous soon enough. (+50) 229time will become famous soon enough. (+50) 229time will become famous soon enough. (+50) 229time will become famous soon enough. (+50) 229time will become famous soon enough. (+50) 229time will become famous soon enough. (+50) 229time will become famous soon enough. (+50) 229time will become famous soon enough. (+50) 229time will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Your muscles are thicker than they were 18 months ago, right? They should be even thicker in another 18 months if that's your goal.

The people you are comparing yourself to could have 1) Better Genetics 2) Been working out for many more years than you

doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Mine were the same for a long time. As ironwill said, just keep ploughing through the training, and keep eating like a horse.

magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    muscle bellies really genetic , some people will look more round. probably you simply just need more muscle mass on you to look better , give it another 18 months you dont become huge in only 1.5 years

RustyPipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RustyPipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RustyPipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RustyPipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RustyPipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RustyPipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RustyPipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RustyPipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RustyPipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RustyPipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RustyPipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    Put in more time; @ 18 months, you've achieved a good start.

See where you're at in another 3-5 years.
    ^^^^^^^
    This.

You gotta be in it for the long haul. Consider it a marathon with iron. Keep upping the weights, even if its 2.5 lbs. You'll fill in.

ConP83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ConP83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ConP83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ConP83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ConP83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ConP83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ConP83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ConP83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ConP83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ConP83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ConP83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I agree with most people itt that its genetics that play the main role in overall look
    Im envious of people at the gym that have that thick upper back/traps look to them where no matter how i train i just get bigger lats/wider and more defined.
    However i have massive legs and train them half the time i train upper body and they still overpower so i guess it is genetics as much as i hate that excuse

SonnyArvado1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SonnyArvado1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SonnyArvado1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SonnyArvado1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SonnyArvado1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SonnyArvado1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SonnyArvado1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SonnyArvado1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SonnyArvado1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SonnyArvado1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SonnyArvado1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    A lot of it is based off of genetics... But don't fall into the mindset of using genetics as a reason to not give it 100% if yours are not as good.

Keep in mind you've only been training 18 months so you're still relatively new. I would also like to add that eventually you should incorporate supersets and giant sets into your routines.

Using supersets in my own routines has been responsible for being able to builder thicker muscles... You might want to consider that down the road.
    Strong Body. Strong Mind. Strong Everything...

Bodybuilding/Fitness. Health. Girls. Social Life. Career. YOU can have it all...

Check out my blog for tons of FREE ADVICE on bodybuilding/lifestyle.

http://strengthbysonny.com/