SnappinFool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SnappinFool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SnappinFool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SnappinFool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SnappinFool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SnappinFool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SnappinFool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SnappinFool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SnappinFool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SnappinFool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SnappinFool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Looking for some input

Been out of the gym for about 10 months, shame on me I know. Had some personal stuff within the year that kept me away but am getting ready to go back at it full bore. I am getting ready to head to the supp store to get me a small stack put together. I already have my protein (Combat Powder), Multi (GNC Mens Multi). Going to get a Pre-workout, creatine powder, and a Gainer (shake) just not sure what kind to get. I have mixed results with creatine, and have never really used a gainer (other than when i played ball) Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. will rep those that help!
    If you aren't going all the way, why go at all?-Joe Namath
    If you want to succeed, as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful- Eric Thomas

Vinny82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vinny82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vinny82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vinny82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vinny82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vinny82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vinny82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vinny82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vinny82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vinny82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vinny82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you already have protein then theirs no need for a gainer too. Just add in oats, pb, milk, ect to make your protein shake have more calories. If that's inconvenient for you then I suggest either Allmax Quickmass, Universal Real gains, or ON Serious Mass. For creatine stick to basic creatine monohydrate, its cheap and effective. Pre-workouts are pretty subjective, what are you looking for? Energy, pumps or endurance? Or a little of all?
    Gaspari Plasmajet Log:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172183503&p=1457431243#post1457431243

SnappinFool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SnappinFool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SnappinFool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SnappinFool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SnappinFool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SnappinFool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SnappinFool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SnappinFool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SnappinFool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SnappinFool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SnappinFool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Vinny82 View Post
    If you already have protein then theirs no need for a gainer too. Just add in oats, pb, milk, ect to make your protein shake have more calories. If that's inconvenient for you then I suggest either Allmax Quickmass, Universal Real gains, or ON Serious Mass. For creatine stick to basic creatine monohydrate, its cheap and effective. Pre-workouts are pretty subjective, what are you looking for? Energy, pumps or endurance? Or a little of all?
    With the Pre, I want something that gives a little of everything. Wanting a gainer because I work shift work (12hr days) so a quality meal every 3-4 hours isn't always plausible.
    If you want to succeed, as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful- Eric Thomas

Vinny82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vinny82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vinny82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vinny82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vinny82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vinny82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vinny82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vinny82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vinny82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vinny82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vinny82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SnappinFool View Post
    With the Pre, I want something that gives a little of everything. Wanting a gainer because I work shift work (12hr days) so a quality meal every 3-4 hours isn't always plausible.
    Then for a pre I would recommend something like SAN Fierce Domination or Universal Shock Therapy, both give good pumps and energy.
    Gaspari Plasmajet Log:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172183503&p=1457431243#post1457431243

Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Been out of the gym for about 10 months, shame on me I know. Had some personal stuff within the year that kept me away but am getting ready to go back at it full bore. I am getting ready to head to the supp store to get me a small stack put together. I already have my protein (Combat Powder), Multi (GNC Mens Multi). Going to get a Pre-workout, creatine powder, and a Gainer (shake) just not sure what kind to get. I have mixed results with creatine, and have never really used a gainer (other than when i played ball) Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. will rep those that help!
    Please tell me you're not going to GNC.

Originally Posted by Trigger543 View Post
    Please tell me you're not going to GNC.
    Unfortunately lol. Have a Gift Card and Gold Card in hand though so damage will be minimal lol

No Longer Look Like This InItForFitness's Avatar
    InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Wanting a gainer because I work shift work (12hr days) so a quality meal every 3-4 hours isn't always plausible.
    There is no need to consume a meal (or supplement) every 3-4 hours, you will yield the same results by eating 2-3 larger meals/day spaced out over a greater period.

If it's inconvenient for you to try and eat while at work, you could save your calories and consume real food whenever you get home.

Now if you prefer a shake, there is nothing wrong with it, just don't want you to believe that it is necessary or that you have to be eating so frequently.
    �USMC (2009-2013) �

â–¬ *Former* Wanna-Be Powerlifter : Best Total : 1300 (440/320/540) @ 168lbs BW (W/ Wraps) â–¬

♦Currently full on dad-bod status (minus the dad part)

*NEW TRAINING LOG* ; https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178104781

pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    1) Save money, buy online

2) Might not even need a gainer
    Free agent
    Research and Development Consultant
    11+ Years Experience

Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Unfortunately lol. Have a Gift Card and Gold Card in hand though so damage will be minimal lol
    Ahhh well as long as you have a gift card... The Gold Card doesn't do much though, even with that discount you're still getting robbed.

Originally Posted by Trigger543 View Post
    Ahhh well as long as you have a gift card... The Gold Card doesn't do much though, even with that discount you're still getting robbed.
    Oh i know lol. Typically I order off of here, but with the gift card i would be crazy not to use it!

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    read below

Originally Posted by InItForFitness View Post
    There is no need to consume a meal (or supplement) every 3-4 hours, you will yield the same results by eating 2-3 larger meals/day spaced out over a greater period.

If it's inconvenient for you to try and eat while at work, you could save your calories and consume real food whenever you get home.

Now if you prefer a shake, there is nothing wrong with it, just don't want you to believe that it is necessary or that you have to be eating so frequently.
    ^^^ This...

http://www.clutchfitness.com/forums/...ad.php?t=12920
    more good reading

and these:
    http://www.leangains.com/2011/04/cri...d-on-meal.html
    http://www.leangains.com/2010/10/top...-debunked.html

"5. Myth: Maintain a steady supply of amino acids by eating protein every 2-3 hours. The body can only absorb 30 grams of protein in one sitting.

Truth

Whenever you hear something really crazy you need to ask yourself if it makes sense from an evolutionary perspective. It's a great way to quickly determine if something may be valid or if it's more likely a steaming pile of horse****. This myth is a great example of the latter. Do you think we would be here today if our bodies could only make use of 30 grams of protein per meal?

The simple truth is that more protein just takes a longer time to digest and be utilized. For some concrete numbers, digestion of a standard meal is still incomplete after five hours. Amino acids are still being released into your bloodstream and absorbed into muscles. You are still "anabolic." This is a fairly standard "Average Joe"-meal: 600 kcal, 75 g carbs, 37 g protein and 17 g fat. Best of all? This was after eating pizza, a refined food that should be quickly absorbed relatively speaking.

Think about this for a second. How long do you think a big steak, with double the protein intake of the above example, and a big pile of veggies would last you? More than 10 hours, that's for sure. Meal composition plays an important role in absorption speed, especially when it comes to amino acids. Type of protein, fiber, carbohydrates and prior meals eaten all affect how long you'll have amino acids released and being taken up by tissues after meals.

Origin

I think this "30 grams of protein"-nonsense started to circulate after a classic study from 1997 by Boirie and colleagues. "Slow and fast dietary proteins differently modulate postprandial protein accretion" was the first study to quantify the absorption rate of whey and casein protein and gave birth to the concept of fast and slow protein. After that, whey protein came to be known for it's ability to rapidly elevate amino acids in the blood stream and casein for it's ability to create a sustained release of amino acids. Whey was anabolic and casein anti-catabolic.

Given that 30 grams of whey protein was absorbed within 3-4 hours, I guess some people believed that meant 30 grams of protein can only be used in one sitting. Or that you had to eat every 3-4 hours to stay "anabolic." Unfortunately, people missed a few facts that made these findings irrelevant to real-world scenarios. First of all, this study looked at the absorption rate of whey protein in the fasted state. On it's own, and with no meals eaten beforehand, 30 grams of whey protein is absorbed within a mere 3-4 hours. With meals eaten earlier in the day, or if you'd consume a whey shake after a meal, absorption would be much slower.

Second of all, whey protein is the fastest protein of all and digests at 10 g/hour. Casein is much slower; in Boirie's study, the casein protein was still being absorbed when they stopped the experiment 7 hours later. Most whole food proteins are absorbed at a rate of 3-6 grams an hour. Add other macronutrients to that and they'll take longer."

Originally Posted by pu12en12g View Post
    1) Save money, buy online
    This...

some of the specials on bb.com are FAR cheaper and the customer service is 100x greater.