curzey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Help with decent cut!

Hello bodybuilders!

Since i'm done bulking up now, i want to see if i can ever achieve a low body fat, and get those muscles defined!

But, i think i need you're help with my nutrition... I've never cutted before... ever - therefor im in doubt about how good my nutrition is ATM.

What i want is the best way of cutting down those fat% without loosing too much muscle - like everyone else, yeah... At the moment i've been cutting since January 2nd, and actually lost 1.6% bodyfat and 2kg on the weight.

What i've been eating:
    (I've really tried my best calculating this...)
    Energy: 1532,75kcal
    Protein: 151,35g
    Fat: 48,3g
    Carbs: 110g

I've calculated this today, and thought - what... this must be too few of calories and proteins to keep just some of the gains i've achieved... But what do it know? This is why i'm here...

To get a closer look, the food im eating is like this:
    Morning: Oatmeal + Very little butter on top + Water for drink + 1 or 2 fruits sometimes (fruit not in calculation)

Lunchbreak: 2 x fibre wholegrain buns (if this is the right expression for this type of bread?) with like 3 pieces of good meat slices (like ham) and 1 slice of light cheese. Again with water and sometimes 1 or 2 fruits.

After School: A good intense workout with Ripped Freak Pre-WO and XTend amino for the workout, followed up with a scoop of Dymatize Whey Protein.

Breakfast: 2 x Chicken breast/Salmon/lean meat with a bunch of vegetables. Again with water.

In between of all this, there's mostly always also some fruit, which again - isnt calculated within.

Well, you should know some facts about me, too, i guess..
    Bodyweight: 79-81kg (morning-night etc, it differs)
    Bodyfat: Last time it was 16,4%
    Bodytype: I guess it's Endomorph
    Height: 179cm
    Others: Some years ago i've lost a lot of kiloes fast, got some needless skin, never lost it - gained some weight again, and i'm back on track. But still some needless skin :/

Anything else? Please tell me. Questions?

So my question is, how is the nutrition in relation to my "goal" and body?
    Any suggestions/upgrades?
    What i've thought is to add some egss+egg whites for breakfast and morning + an extra protein shake at night, but doesnt add it alot higher than around 1800kcal and 191g protein(the protein is actually a good one i think)

//Curzey, the bodybuilding really hit me this time. It's a lifestyle, not a hobby! Please help fellow lifters!

EDIT:
    Based on the sticky "Calculating Calories and Macronutrients" the right formula for BMR is like this:
    370+(21.6 * (80kg*(100-16.4%)/100)) = 1814.60
    So i shouldnt even be very far away from that based on the nutrition i have? huh? Or what? am i wrong?
    In 3-4 weeks i've, again, lost around 1.6% bodyfat and a kg or two - raised the basic exercises with a little, and the smaller ones going down or being the same?
    Last edited by curzey; 01-27-2014 at 12:18 PM.

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    First step: Learn the most basic aspects of nutrition by reading the relevant stickies at the top of the nutrition forum and this:

Compose a diet that ensures micronutrient and macronutrient sufficiency, derived predominantly from whole and minimally processed foods if possible, with remaining caloric intake being largely discretionary within the bounds of common sense.

Caloric Intake

Energy balance is the primary dietary driver of body weight and it also impacts body composition. A chronic surplus of calories will result in increased body weight and a chronic deficit of calories will result in a loss of body weight.

In other words, in order to gain about one pound of tissue weight (as opposed to transient flux in water weight), you need to consume a total of about 3,500 calories more than you expend. And to lose about one pound of tissue weight, you have to do the opposite -- consume about 3,500 calories less than you expend.

Thus, the first step in constructing any rational diet is to get a sense of how many calories per day, on average, you should consume in order to progress towards your goals.

The average number of calories you expend per day -- called total daily energy expenditure (TDEE) -- is a function of your basal metabolic rate (BMR) and your average weekly activity level.

To estimate your BMR, it's important to have a sense of how much lean body mass (LBM) you carry. If you're not sure, post a photo or two and we can estimate your percentage body fat and, from this number and your total body weight, it's easy to estimate LBM by using the following formula:

LBM = body weight * (1 - percentage body fat)

To estimate BMR, use the the Katch-McArdle formula:

BMR = 370 + (9.8 * LBM in pounds)
    or
    BMR = 370 + (21.6 * LBM in kg)

The next step is to estimate average weekly activity using the following guidelines to calculate an activity factor (AF):

• 1.1 - 1.2 = Sedentary (desk job, and little formal exercise, this will be most of you students)

• 1.3 - 1.4 = Lightly Active (light daily activity and light exercise 1-3 days a week)

• 1.5 - 1.6 = Moderately Active (moderately daily Activity & moderate exercise 3-5 days a week)

• 1.7 - 1.8 = Very Active (physically demanding lifestyle & hard exercise 6-7 days a week)

• 1.9 - 2.2 = Extremely Active (athletes in endurance training or very hard physical job)

To estimate TDEE (the calories at which you will neither gain nor lose tissue weight), use the following formula:

TDEE = BMR * AF

Now that you've estimated your TDEE, it's important to refine that estimate empirically. To do so, consume an average amount of calories equal to estimated TDEE for two weeks, monitoring weight change. The results will confirm your actual TDEE.

Once you know your actually TDEE, set your caloric intake to match your goals as follows:

To maintain weight, consume an amount of calories equal to TDEE.
    To lose weight, consume 10% to 20% less than TDEE.
    To gain weight, consume 10% 20 20% more than TDEE.

Monitor weight change via the scale and also body composition via the mirror and how clothing fits, making adjustments as needed biweekly.

Macronutrient Intake

Protein: ~0.6 to ~0.8 grams per pound of bodyweight -- the highest amount justified by research.

Fat: ~0.45 grams per pound of bodyweight -- the lowest amount implied by clinical observation.

Remaining caloric budget: whatever mix of macronutrients you prefer -- as implied by research.

Sqwat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sqwat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sqwat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sqwat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sqwat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sqwat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sqwat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sqwat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sqwat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sqwat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sqwat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    How active are you? Your calories look a little on the low side
    No Fap. Day 0.

Thanks for the REALLY FAST answer! (wow). I appreciate it. But i dont know if im doing this wrong, but i've calculated on the formulas you've provided me with - and this is what i get:

I see im not able to post pictures ( ) so i have to write down the results...
    LBM_kg 80*(1-16.4)=-1232
    LBM_lbs 176.36*(1-16.4)=-2715.944

BMR_kg 370+(21.6*-1232)=-26241.2
    BMR_lbs 370+(9.8*-2715.944)=-26246.3

Hard to do the activity one... I go to school, where i just sit. Then i go workout for like 2 hours of cardio and intense weight lifting, and then i basically go home to watch TV/cook/sleep....

By this, i choose moderately active, since i dont have a physically demanding lifestyle besides the weightlifting, but i do it 6-7 times a week (of both cardio and lifting)
    AF = 1.6

TDEE = BMR_kg * AF = -41985.92
    TDEE = BMR_lbs * AF = -41994.00

??

Originally Posted by Sqwat View Post
    How active are you? Your calories look a little on the low side
    Check my latest response
    I go to the gym, having an intense workout of 5mins warmup running for intense weight lifting with Jim Stoppannis Shortcut To Shred program (without the HIIT, but with cardio afterwards instead) and with 20-25mins of stationary bicycling like 4 days per week (OBS: Yes, i dont do cardio after every workout, bust most...)
    Other than that, i dont really do much. (when theres no snow, i also do running outside - instead of the stationary bicycling - sometimes)

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by curzey View Post
    intense weight lifting with Jim Stoppannis Shortcut To Shred program
    Drop that program and use a proper lifting program. See the exercise program stickies.

And see post #2 and perform the simple math.

Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    Drop that program and use a proper lifting program. See the exercise program stickies.

And see post #2 and perform the simple math.
    My opinion of the Shortcut to Shred program is actually good... I liked it so far - just started the last half today. The mix of low reps and high reps are sweet.
    As you see, i've tried to do the math. But look at my calculations. Do they make sense for you? 'Cause they dont for me...

Based on the sticky "Calculating Calories and Macronutrients" the right formula for BMR is like this:
    370+(21.6 * (80kg*(100-16.4%)/100)) = 1814.60
    So i shouldnt even be very far away from that based on the nutrition i have? huh? Or what? am i wrong?
    In 3-4 weeks i've, again, lost around 1.6% bodyfat and a kg or two - raised the basic exercises with a little, and the smaller ones going down or being the same?
    Also, added to #0
    Last edited by curzey; 01-27-2014 at 12:18 PM.

rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by curzey View Post
    Thanks for the REALLY FAST answer! (wow). I appreciate it. But i dont know if im doing this wrong, but i've calculated on the formulas you've provided me with - and this is what i get:

I see im not able to post pictures ( ) so i have to write down the results...
    LBM_kg 80*(1-16.4)=-1232
    LBM_lbs 176.36*(1-16.4)=-2715.944

BMR_kg 370+(21.6*-1232)=-26241.2
    BMR_lbs 370+(9.8*-2715.944)=-26246.3

Hard to do the activity one... I go to school, where i just sit. Then i go workout for like 2 hours of cardio and intense weight lifting, and then i basically go home to watch TV/cook/sleep....

By this, i choose moderately active, since i dont have a physically demanding lifestyle besides the weightlifting, but i do it 6-7 times a week (of both cardio and lifting)
    AF = 1.6

TDEE = BMR_kg * AF = -41985.92
    TDEE = BMR_lbs * AF = -41994.00

??
    If your Body Fat Percentage is 16.4%, you would do LBM_kg 80*(1-.164) = 66.88

Originally Posted by rob2093124 View Post
    If your Body Fat Percentage is 16.4%, you would do LBM_kg 80*(1-.164) = 66.88
    Oh.. well, thanks budd. That's not really how i understood his formula