jasondcarton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Am I doing it right? Keto Log - Opinions?

Started this 3 days ago and was in ketosis after the first day. However could I be doing something better? Currently 177lbs 5"10 ~18% BF

Any advice/opinions would be appreciated and will rep, just new to this..

(Excel messed up format)

Food Calories Carbohydrate Protein Fat
    3 Eggs XL 240 0 21 15
    3 Turkey Bacon 105 0 6 7.5
    2 Tortilla 160 6 6 4
    2 TBSP Olive Oil 240 0 0 28

1 Cheese Sticks 80 1 7 6
    1oz Macadmia Nuts 210 4 2 21

2oz Turkey 50 2 9 0.5
    1/2 Tortilla 40 1.5 1.5 1

4oz Chicken 110 0 25 1

1/2 Cup Heavy Cream 400 8 0 40

2 Whey 280 6 54 5

Cal C P F
    Total 2395 28.5 131.5 185
    Needed 2348 30 130 190

I am also eating lots of spinach and broccoli throughout the day, I'm also concerned if 2300 calories is too much? Most websites have differing numbers on maintenance, and then I read somewhere that maintenance is typically weight x 13.. which would put me right at 2300.. should I eat less?

andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Diet looks okay
    Track your calories and stick to 2300 to start, see if you lose weight, once you stop losing weight after a week then drop calories by 200 and watch the weight come off again.

The mistake people often make is setting calories too low to start and then when they plateau they have nowhere to go.

You have started it well so just keep monitoring and lower when you stall

Originally Posted by jasondcarton View Post
    I am also eating lots of spinach and broccoli throughout the day, I'm also concerned if 2300 calories is too much? Most websites have differing numbers on maintenance, and then I read somewhere that maintenance is typically weight x 13.. which would put me right at 2300.. should I eat less?
    It's YOU vs YOU

Originally Posted by andymant View Post
    Diet looks okay
    Track your calories and stick to 2300 to start, see if you lose weight, once you stop losing weight after a week then drop calories by 200 and watch the weight come off again.

The mistake people often make is setting calories too low to start and then when they plateau they have nowhere to go.

You have started it well so just keep monitoring and lower when you stall
    Thanks AndyMant, I'll stick to this for now. Also... I have seen you post a lot over the keto forums with good info, how often and long do you do a carb re-feed? For someone like myself, is every saturday good and how clean do you keep it... granted I could keep eating healthy and have carbs form oatmeal/brown rice etc... but pizza is sounding amazing right now. Or should I try and go more like 10 days ketoing before my first re-feed

andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    IMO one should wait 4-6 weeks before they carb up. You want to make sure you are fully adapted and also i see it as a good test of your will power on the diet. After induction your energy levels will rise and also you carb cravings will go.

When you come to carb up start with simpler carbs and work up to complex carbs throughout the 24 hour period. As you say above keep in clean but to keep sanity make your last meal of the day something nice like a pizza.

Good luck and any questions you have we will be happy to answer

Thanks AndyMant, I'll stick to this for now. Also... I have seen you post a lot over the keto forums with good info, how often and long do you do a carb re-feed? For someone like myself, is every saturday good and how clean do you keep it... granted I could keep eating healthy and have carbs form oatmeal/brown rice etc... but pizza is sounding amazing right now. Or should I try and go more like 10 days ketoing before my first re-feed
    It's YOU vs YOU

Originally Posted by andymant View Post
    IMO one should wait 4-6 weeks before they carb up. You want to make sure you are fully adapted and also i see it as a good test of your will power on the diet. After induction your energy levels will rise and also you carb cravings will go.

When you come to carb up start with simpler carbs and work up to complex carbs throughout the 24 hour period. As you say above keep in clean but to keep sanity make your last meal of the day something nice like a pizza.

Good luck and any questions you have we will be happy to answer

When do you workout? I prefer to workout in the late morning/afternoon but a lot say to not consume fats after your workout not giving me enough time to get all my fat in during the day... If i was to workout and only consume protein for 1-3 hours and then eat fats and proteins would that mess stuff up or be okay. Or does everyone on this diet just workout at night

Fat timing doesn't matter on SKD. Eat fat whenever you want. However it is more important on a TKD where you would only want to consume carbs and protein for your preworkout ,
    Meal

When do you workout? I prefer to workout in the late morning/afternoon but a lot say to not consume fats after your workout not giving me enough time to get all my fat in during the day... If i was to workout and only consume protein for 1-3 hours and then eat fats and proteins would that mess stuff up or be okay. Or does everyone on this diet just workout at night
    It's YOU vs YOU

mac28024 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey jasondcarton, you mentioned craving pizza so I thought I'd thought his out there. I made an amazing keto pizza this weekend and (I don't have the recipe in front of me so I'm going by memory) I think the only carbs I had were from the sauce and veggies that went on it.

I found a flatbread recipe on the Charlie Foundation website and used that for the crust (added garlic and onion powder, basil, oregano, salt and pepper for taste), then just added my toppings to it. I may have to tweak the flatbread recipe next time, but it was one o the best pizzas I've had in a long time.