Colemans#1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colemans#1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colemans#1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colemans#1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colemans#1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colemans#1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colemans#1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colemans#1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colemans#1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colemans#1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colemans#1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Workout Program for a 51 year old

my dad has been battling a weight proplem for many years and he has tried many different ways of loosing it. he has made some progress but he could be doing a whole lot better. he is about 5'10 and 225lbs. he told me today that he finally wants to try weight training and i am very happy with this. want kind of program should he be following?
    Thanks Ronnie, you're a true legend

Well done Dexter Jackson!!!

"You live on earth one time and one time only. There's only one u, why not look as good as possible?" - lord infamous

"The more a man learns, he realises how little he knows"

PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I would ask at the local gym. The membership includes an evaluation, just ask for cardio and weight training.

I would suggest rowing machine, lat pulldown, incline bench with dumbells, leg press as a start.

Teacher and Bodybuilder BergMuscle's Avatar
    BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by GregT View Post
    I would ask at the local gym. The membership includes an evaluation, just ask for cardio and weight training.

I would suggest rowing machine, lat pulldown, incline bench with dumbells, leg press as a start.
    Yeah, he should probably start with a program of compound lifts with a managable amount of weight. Train 3 days a week, like Monday, Wednesday, Friday and do a good warm-up with real light weights (this will also give him a chance to learn proper technique).
    Do slow but steady increases in reps and weight. Later on he can add more exercises and, eventually, spilt up body parts on different days.

And have him look around the posts and pics here to see what 50+ men can accomplish.
    Hey, are you going to train with him? You could be a big motivator and make a real difference in his life.

ChacoTom is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChacoTom is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChacoTom is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChacoTom is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChacoTom is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChacoTom is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChacoTom is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChacoTom is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChacoTom is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChacoTom is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChacoTom is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm 7 years older than your dad, and if I can do it, he can too! That's great he's going to do weight training, but he also should do some cardio work too. I do a 3 day on, 1 day off routine - cardio on day 1, weights on day 2, cardio on day 3, followed by a day of rest or light exercise like walking.

tatdawg is just really nice. (+1000) tatdawg is just really nice. (+1000) tatdawg is just really nice. (+1000) tatdawg is just really nice. (+1000) tatdawg is just really nice. (+1000) tatdawg is just really nice. (+1000) tatdawg is just really nice. (+1000) tatdawg is just really nice. (+1000) tatdawg is just really nice. (+1000) tatdawg is just really nice. (+1000) tatdawg is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by BergMuscle View Post
    Yeah, he should probably start with a program of compound lifts with a managable amount of weight. Train 3 days a week, like Monday, Wednesday, Friday and do a good warm-up with real light weights (this will also give him a chance to learn proper technique).
    Do slow but steady increases in reps and weight. Later on he can add more exercises and, eventually, spilt up body parts on different days.

And have him look around the posts and pics here to see what 50+ men can accomplish.
    Hey, are you going to train with him? You could be a big motivator and make a real difference in his life.
    good advice, i agree completely
    Loved by some
    Hated by others
    Forgiven by the grace of God.