Darkesy is not very well liked. (-100) Darkesy is not very well liked. (-100) Darkesy is not very well liked. (-100) Darkesy is not very well liked. (-100) Darkesy is not very well liked. (-100) Darkesy is not very well liked. (-100) Darkesy is not very well liked. (-100) Darkesy is not very well liked. (-100) Darkesy is not very well liked. (-100) Darkesy is not very well liked. (-100) Darkesy is not very well liked. (-100)

Started keto - am I doing things correctly?

Hi all,

Got the christmas binge out of the way and i'm dedicated to getting my body fat down to something acceptable. I'm doing bodyweight excersizes every couple of days and running inbetween.

My bodyweight on day 1 of keto was 239lbs (25% body fat ish) and after 2 weeks is 225lbs.

Basically i used the keto calculator from ankerl to work out my macros and aiming to eat 2000cals a day broken down into 4 meals with 30g protein, 40g fat, 5g carbs.

A typical day would be -

Meal 1: 2 eggs, 3 bacon, mushrooms cooked in butter

Meal 2: tin of salmon with 2 tbsps of mayo

Meal 3: 100g mature cheddar

Meal 4: Chicken Thighs with spinach drizzled in butter

Throughout the day the odd black coffee and shed loads of water (at least 10 pints)

Does this sound right or have I started on the wrong footing already? I also wanted to go full keto with no carb loading. Maybe you guys could tell me if what i'm doing is best and also maybe suggest other tasty morsels.

I know most of my initial weight loss is water weight as the carbs are restricted.

I would like to get below 15% body fat which i'm thinking would be about 190-200lbs.

Thanks in advance.

andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Looks okay
    Try to get more veggies

Some maths/Stats for you below:

Current LBM = 179LB
    LBM (15% BF) at 190lb = 161.5lb
    LBM (15% BF) at 200lb = 170lb

If diet adhered to correctly its very muscle sparing so if you manage to maintain all lean muscle 15% would look like 210lb

You have a good LBM, how long did you bulk for, can you upload some pictures?
    How do you know you are 25% BF?

Originally Posted by Darkesy View Post
    Hi all,

Got the christmas binge out of the way and i'm dedicated to getting my body fat down to something acceptable. I'm doing bodyweight excersizes every couple of days and running inbetween.

My bodyweight on day 1 of keto was 239lbs (25% body fat ish) and after 2 weeks is 225lbs.

Basically i used the keto calculator from ankerl to work out my macros and aiming to eat 2000cals a day broken down into 4 meals with 30g protein, 40g fat, 5g carbs.

A typical day would be -

Meal 1: 2 eggs, 3 bacon, mushrooms cooked in butter

Meal 2: tin of salmon with 2 tbsps of mayo

Meal 3: 100g mature cheddar

Meal 4: Chicken Thighs with spinach drizzled in butter

Throughout the day the odd black coffee and shed loads of water (at least 10 pints)

Does this sound right or have I started on the wrong footing already? I also wanted to go full keto with no carb loading. Maybe you guys could tell me if what i'm doing is best and also maybe suggest other tasty morsels.

I know most of my initial weight loss is water weight as the carbs are restricted.

I would like to get below 15% body fat which i'm thinking would be about 190-200lbs.

Thanks in advance.
    It's YOU vs YOU

Darkesy is not very well liked. (-100) Darkesy is not very well liked. (-100) Darkesy is not very well liked. (-100) Darkesy is not very well liked. (-100) Darkesy is not very well liked. (-100) Darkesy is not very well liked. (-100) Darkesy is not very well liked. (-100) Darkesy is not very well liked. (-100) Darkesy is not very well liked. (-100) Darkesy is not very well liked. (-100) Darkesy is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by andymant View Post
    Looks okay
    Try to get more veggies

Some maths/Stats for you below:

Current LBM = 179LB
    LBM (15% BF) at 190lb = 161.5lb
    LBM (15% BF) at 200lb = 170lb

If diet adhered to correctly its very muscle sparing so if you manage to maintain all lean muscle 15% would look like 210lb

You have a good LBM, how long did you bulk for, can you upload some pictures?
    How do you know you are 25% BF?
    I have calipers but when you're high body fat they are very innaccurate so I used those comparison photos you see online.
    I have been doing bodyweight exercise for approx. 2 years (on & off when motivation was poor) a couple of times a week and a little running/jogging inbetween while eating quite cleanly but I think I shifted body composition not really lost weight if that makes sense. I was a complete newbie I couldnt do a single pull up when I started now I can do about 10, so my mass has come from newbie gains, although I was always quite well built beforehand.

The meal choices i'm making are really for convenience as its hard to prepare stuff for work and I work 12 hour shifts. Hence the tins of salmon or mackerel and slabs of cheese.

Whats the deal with peanut butter, good or bad as I love the stuff but worried about derailing the diet.

ALso nearly through 3rd week of keto and my weight loss has stalled!

Thanks for the help, always good to hear from people who've been there and done that!

andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Peanut butter is fine in small quantities just check the carb content on the one you buy

Good work on the pull ups

Try cooking in bulk, i do that for work.

As for a stall, sometimes weight will plateau for a week, just carry on through and if its the same after 2 weeks drop the cals a little or up the cardio or workouts, that should help

Originally Posted by Darkesy View Post
    I have calipers but when you're high body fat they are very innaccurate so I used those comparison photos you see online.
    I have been doing bodyweight exercise for approx. 2 years (on & off when motivation was poor) a couple of times a week and a little running/jogging inbetween while eating quite cleanly but I think I shifted body composition not really lost weight if that makes sense. I was a complete newbie I couldnt do a single pull up when I started now I can do about 10, so my mass has come from newbie gains, although I was always quite well built beforehand.

The meal choices i'm making are really for convenience as its hard to prepare stuff for work and I work 12 hour shifts. Hence the tins of salmon or mackerel and slabs of cheese.

Whats the deal with peanut butter, good or bad as I love the stuff but worried about derailing the diet.

ALso nearly through 3rd week of keto and my weight loss has stalled!

Thanks for the help, always good to hear from people who've been there and done that!
    It's YOU vs YOU