farmermaggot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) farmermaggot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) farmermaggot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) farmermaggot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) farmermaggot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) farmermaggot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) farmermaggot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) farmermaggot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) farmermaggot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) farmermaggot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) farmermaggot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool Diet for bodybuilding with IBS

Hello chaps,

My IBS shows no signs of subsiding, and it's seriously affecting my ability to lift huge weights and also to lead a normal life.

I've tried the low-FODMAP diet, added a decent amount of fibre and I've tried probiotics, but none of them seem to work. In additon I've also cut out certain foods that annoy my stomach such as onions, beans, couscous etc.

But all this dieting just seems to do very little, I still have all the symptoms of IBS plus a myriad of others such as: fatigue, lack of libido, mild depression, insomnia, brain fog, terribly memory, and stress from the whole experience.

Does anybody have any dietary or treatment suggestions to help me beat the scourge of IBS? Also I've been wondering whether all of this could be down to something not food related such as candida overgrowth, small-intestinal bacterial overgrowth etc, anybody suffer from these or other related illnesses?

Thanks! any replies will be most welcome.

Self proclaimed sorcerer Bnizzle163's Avatar
    Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It could very well be a bacterial overgrowth. I am not a doctor, so if it is a cause for concern to you, you should definitely seek medical help.

I am now on the upside of dealing with a bacterial overgrowth that was initially triggered by a food intolerance. I figured out which foods cause flare ups for me, and eliminated them one by one. I also started taking a probiotic for gut health, digestive enzymes, and ginger root caps. Try to find the triggers and eliminate them.

Good luck!
    *Professional comic book geek* *semi-pro cartoon collector* *full time nerd*

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166076501

Contact me for coaching/contest prep/nutritional services: WRyan163@yahoo.com

IG: @Bnizzle163

matporte will become famous soon enough. (+50) matporte will become famous soon enough. (+50) matporte will become famous soon enough. (+50) matporte will become famous soon enough. (+50) matporte will become famous soon enough. (+50) matporte will become famous soon enough. (+50) matporte will become famous soon enough. (+50) matporte will become famous soon enough. (+50) matporte will become famous soon enough. (+50) matporte will become famous soon enough. (+50) matporte will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Good luck, Bro. Doesn't sound like much fun. Don't let it get ya down though.

Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    have you been to see a doctor? i had it really bad for a while and after taking some medicine and going to super bland diet for a while it's cleared up to the point where i can eat most foods again.

tmart011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hi i just wanted to say all of the symptoms you are describing sound alot like celiac disease (or a gluten intolerance). Not a doctor, just sounds familiar based on my girlfriends recent diagnosis

Ash_au is just really nice. (+1000) Ash_au is just really nice. (+1000) Ash_au is just really nice. (+1000) Ash_au is just really nice. (+1000) Ash_au is just really nice. (+1000) Ash_au is just really nice. (+1000) Ash_au is just really nice. (+1000) Ash_au is just really nice. (+1000) Ash_au is just really nice. (+1000) Ash_au is just really nice. (+1000) Ash_au is just really nice. (+1000)
    How long did you stay strict with FODMAPS? I predict less than two weeks... Do it for 3 months if you are serious.

Get tested for coeliac disease

joker111 is a name known to all. (+5000) joker111 is a name known to all. (+5000) joker111 is a name known to all. (+5000) joker111 is a name known to all. (+5000) joker111 is a name known to all. (+5000) joker111 is a name known to all. (+5000) joker111 is a name known to all. (+5000) joker111 is a name known to all. (+5000) joker111 is a name known to all. (+5000) joker111 is a name known to all. (+5000) joker111 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i used to have severe stomach problems, with bouts of diarrhoea that would drain the hell out of me. had been like that for approx 3 years until almost a year back a doctor recommended that i take a mild antibiotic and after 2 treatments i am almost normal, given i still avoid beans, eggs, and dairy.
    PM me if you want more info
    The Master said: A man cunning of word and smiling of face... ...is rarely benevolent
    -Attributed to Confucious

***Misc Cigar Crew***
    **Official Bicycle Crew** Ờờ

1k+

farmermaggot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) farmermaggot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) farmermaggot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) farmermaggot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) farmermaggot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) farmermaggot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) farmermaggot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) farmermaggot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) farmermaggot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) farmermaggot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) farmermaggot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Bnizzle163 View Post
    It could very well be a bacterial overgrowth. I am not a doctor, so if it is a cause for concern to you, you should definitely seek medical help.

I am now on the upside of dealing with a bacterial overgrowth that was initially triggered by a food intolerance. I figured out which foods cause flare ups for me, and eliminated them one by one. I also started taking a probiotic for gut health, digestive enzymes, and ginger root caps. Try to find the triggers and eliminate them.

Good luck!
    Hi, that's very interesting. Would you mind if I asked which foods were you intolerant to? and how did you know that you had bacterial overgrowth and not IBS?

Originally Posted by Domicron View Post
    have you been to see a doctor? i had it really bad for a while and after taking some medicine and going to super bland diet for a while it's cleared up to the point where i can eat most foods again.
    Yeh I've seen a few GPs and a gastroenterologist. I've also had a colonoscopy, endoscopy, stool sample and a blood test.

Originally Posted by tmart011 View Post
    hi i just wanted to say all of the symptoms you are describing sound alot like celiac disease (or a gluten intolerance). Not a doctor, just sounds familiar based on my girlfriends recent diagnosis
    Yes the symptoms are similar but I don't seem to react to gluten specifically, just all foods. It's a good suggestion though, I think I may ask my doctor to test me for it.

Originally Posted by Ash_au View Post
    How long did you stay strict with FODMAPS? I predict less than two weeks... Do it for 3 months if you are serious.

Get tested for coeliac disease
    I did the low-FODMAP diet for about 2-3 months and I'm on a less strict version at the moment.

Originally Posted by joker111 View Post
    i used to have severe stomach problems, with bouts of diarrhoea that would drain the hell out of me. had been like that for approx 3 years until almost a year back a doctor recommended that i take a mild antibiotic and after 2 treatments i am almost normal, given i still avoid beans, eggs, and dairy.
    PM me if you want more info
    Mmm interesting, which antibiotic was it? did you ever get diagnosed with any sort of syndrome or disease?
    Last edited by farmermaggot; 01-21-2014 at 06:51 AM.

tmart011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if you have had a colonscopy/endoscopy you would think they wouldve caught something like celiacs. still couldnt hurt to get the blood test at least for it though since its just a matter of checking for the antibodies etc.

good luck

Originally Posted by tmart011 View Post
    if you have had a colonscopy/endoscopy you would think they wouldve caught something like celiacs. still couldnt hurt to get the blood test at least for it though since its just a matter of checking for the antibodies etc.

good luck
    Yah I'm due to the get the blood test, should be normal.