registered fapper Benny__Blanco's Avatar
    Benny__Blanco is just really nice. (+1000) Benny__Blanco is just really nice. (+1000) Benny__Blanco is just really nice. (+1000) Benny__Blanco is just really nice. (+1000) Benny__Blanco is just really nice. (+1000) Benny__Blanco is just really nice. (+1000) Benny__Blanco is just really nice. (+1000) Benny__Blanco is just really nice. (+1000) Benny__Blanco is just really nice. (+1000) Benny__Blanco is just really nice. (+1000) Benny__Blanco is just really nice. (+1000)

Can you become an independent personal trainer without having insurance?

Hey guys,

Im looking to become a part-time personal trainer and I was wondering if I need insurance in the worst case that one of my clients does get hurt and sues me...

Can you have your clients sign a document saying that says they workout at their own risk?

I have the clients, I just want to do this part-time over the weekends, so i couldn't afford insurance really

thanks guys

phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Are you being serious? You can get yourself 1-2 million in coverage for under $200 last time I looked.

Sure you can train people without insurance, you can train them without any certifications even. The second you hurt someone, good luck with that in court though.

Cough up the money and protect yourself.
    Only a life lived for others, is a life worthwhile.

rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Benny__Blanco View Post
    Hey guys,

Im looking to become a part-time personal trainer and I was wondering if I need insurance in the worst case that one of my clients does get hurt and sues me...

Can you have your clients sign a document saying that says they workout at their own risk?

I have the clients, I just want to do this part-time over the weekends, so i couldn't afford insurance really

thanks guys
    That's called a waver, and yeah, you can get them to sign it. But waver's are pretty much useless as anything other than an up-front dissuasion from suing. They don't hold up in court, because of a little thing called duty of care. If the evidence says you've fulfilled your duty of care, then they'll have a hard time suing you, and a waver will remind them not to. If the evidence says you haven't fulfilled your duty of care, then they'll have an easy time suing you, and no waver can stop them. Of course, it difficult to prove one way or the other whether or not you've fulfilled your duty of care, but health screening forms and evidence of follow-up are a good starting point.

I think it's a really bad idea to not get insurance.
    SQ 172.5kg. BP 105kg. DL 200kg. OHP 62.5kg @ 67.3kg

Greg Everett says: "You take someone who's totally sedentary and you can get 'em stronger by making them pick their nose vigorously for an hour a day."

Sometimes I write things about training: modernstrengthtraining.wordpress.com

JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes you have to have insurancr, and you can pay 200-300 personal training insurance for a year
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

Online coaching avilable
    ******** Great Physique Fitness https://www.********.com/Great-Physique-Fitness-575323199169735/?ref=hl
    Twitter SmetonFitness https://twitter.com/SmetonFitness
    Instagram https://www.instagram.com/great_physique_fitness/?hl=en

registered fapper Benny__Blanco's Avatar
    Benny__Blanco is just really nice. (+1000) Benny__Blanco is just really nice. (+1000) Benny__Blanco is just really nice. (+1000) Benny__Blanco is just really nice. (+1000) Benny__Blanco is just really nice. (+1000) Benny__Blanco is just really nice. (+1000) Benny__Blanco is just really nice. (+1000) Benny__Blanco is just really nice. (+1000) Benny__Blanco is just really nice. (+1000) Benny__Blanco is just really nice. (+1000) Benny__Blanco is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by phoenixr2 View Post
    Are you being serious? You can get yourself 1-2 million in coverage for under $200 last time I looked.

Sure you can train people without insurance, you can train them without any certifications even. The second you hurt someone, good luck with that in court though.

Cough up the money and protect yourself.
    Originally Posted by rdferguson View Post
    That's called a waver, and yeah, you can get them to sign it. But waver's are pretty much useless as anything other than an up-front dissuasion from suing. They don't hold up in court, because of a little thing called duty of care. If the evidence says you've fulfilled your duty of care, then they'll have a hard time suing you, and a waver will remind them not to. If the evidence says you haven't fulfilled your duty of care, then they'll have an easy time suing you, and no waver can stop them. Of course, it difficult to prove one way or the other whether or not you've fulfilled your duty of care, but health screening forms and evidence of follow-up are a good starting point.

I think it's a really bad idea to not get insurance.
    Originally Posted by JohnSmeton View Post
    Yes you have to have insurancr, and you can pay 200-300 personal training insurance for a year
    Wow thanks guys, didn't know it was this cheap, I had heard it was much more

rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Wow thanks guys, didn't know it was this cheap, I had heard it was much more
    It does depend on what insurance company you go through, and what conditions you'll be training in (gym, gym owner, outdoors, etc). I can get 2 years of insurance for under $200, and won't need to pay any more than that in the foreseeable future; the owner of the studio I'm in recently paid something like $800 for 1 year of insurance because of the company he went with and the conditions of his insurance.
    SQ 172.5kg. BP 105kg. DL 200kg. OHP 62.5kg @ 67.3kg

Greg Everett says: "You take someone who's totally sedentary and you can get 'em stronger by making them pick their nose vigorously for an hour a day."

Sometimes I write things about training: modernstrengthtraining.wordpress.com

Registered User JoeCannonMSCSCS's Avatar
    JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You could, but why would you want to. spend the $200 and get the insurance. you'll sleep better at night
    Joe Cannon, MS
    Joe-Cannon.com
    SupplementClarity.com

Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hey guys,

thanks guys
    Professional Liability is relatively inexpensive. It's not something worth skipping.
    To succeed at doing what you love, you often must do many things you hate.