NateDawg4000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

High School Football

I have a question. I've been weight lifting for a few months now. But jut started a full routine schedule. I'm 14 and I play football. I absolutely love working out and football. I'm a lineman. I play Center. I want to gain as much muscle as possible before my first year of high school football. Which is in a few months. My question is, is there any tips you guys can give me? On anything. Food, workout, supplement, protein, anything. Thank you.

Mettadown is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mettadown is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mettadown is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mettadown is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mettadown is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mettadown is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mettadown is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mettadown is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mettadown is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mettadown is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mettadown is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by NateDawg4000 View Post
    I have a question. I've been weight lifting for a few months now. But jut started a full routine schedule. I'm 14 and I play football. I absolutely love working out and football. I'm a lineman. I play Center. I want to gain as much muscle as possible before my first year of high school football. Which is in a few months. My question is, is there any tips you guys can give me? On anything. Food, workout, supplement, protein, anything. Thank you.
    Weightlifting by definition is olympic style lifting, the snatch and clean and jerk. Its the best you can do to build power and build athleticism as well as strength.
    Power lifting is 3 exercises, the squat, bench press and deadlift. They are foundations for getting strong and are critical to putting on mass.
    Find someone, pay them if you have to, who can teach you these 5 lifts properly to avoid injury and put you on a program to blow your opponents out of the water.

Food, consume approx 175g of protein per day (based on your body weight of 175lbs in your bio) as you increase your weight, increase your protein consumption. Eat heaps of other stuff (carbs and fats) as well and you'll pack on the muscle.

You'll put on some fat if you're eating correctly, the amount will depend on how much vertical growing you'll end up doing.

Overall just smash it at the gym with those lifts and nutrition, listen to your coaches, work on your technique and get recruited. All the best.

Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If you are starting out and new to this stuff, spend an hour a day reading the information on this site. It doesn't get any better and you can learn volumes.
    To succeed at doing what you love, you often must do many things you hate.