Methanyl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Methanyl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Methanyl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Methanyl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Methanyl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Methanyl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Methanyl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Methanyl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Methanyl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Methanyl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Methanyl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What are your thoughts on this?

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/va...218697580.html

My gym pass is about to expire, and to buy another year it would be around $300, so I want more options. I think its a pretty good deal seeing as theres 400+ lbs of olympic weights + the rack itself. Would it be better to buy a power rack?
    B - 225 x 7
    S - 205 x 5
    D - 315 x 8

daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Keep looking.

Methanyl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Methanyl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Methanyl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Methanyl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Methanyl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Methanyl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Methanyl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Methanyl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Methanyl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Methanyl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Methanyl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Any other inputs? And is there any reason why you wouldn't suggest it.
    B - 225 x 7
    S - 205 x 5
    D - 315 x 8

KJ4GR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KJ4GR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KJ4GR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KJ4GR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KJ4GR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KJ4GR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KJ4GR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KJ4GR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KJ4GR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KJ4GR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KJ4GR is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Methanyl View Post
    is there any reason why you wouldn't suggest it.
    I wouldn't pay more than $150 delivered.

GoBigBlue is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoBigBlue is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoBigBlue is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoBigBlue is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoBigBlue is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoBigBlue is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoBigBlue is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoBigBlue is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoBigBlue is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoBigBlue is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoBigBlue is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You can get a lot more for $600. It would be better and safer to buy a power rack.

StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by KJ4GR View Post
    I wouldn't pay more than $150 delivered.
    Agreed. The listed price is 3X what it should be. There is nothing heavy duty about that rack. It's all low end gear.
    ▪██─────██▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #35 ▪██─────██▪

Can't break what's broken Synthetickiller's Avatar
    Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by GoBigBlue View Post
    You can get a lot more for $600. It would be better and safer to buy a power rack.
    This.
    +1

I'd rather drop $600 into a new powercage over this. Safety first.
    Crews: Ivanko Barbell Crew #52, York Barbell Club #95, Equipment Crew #59
    Lifts no one cares about:
    SQ: 619x1 (suit bottoms, no belt) / 507x1 (raw, no belt)
    BP: 392x1 (pause bench, raw)
    DL: 500x1 (suit bottoms, no belt)

raynelson188 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) raynelson188 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) raynelson188 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) raynelson188 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) raynelson188 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) raynelson188 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) raynelson188 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) raynelson188 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) raynelson188 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) raynelson188 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) raynelson188 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/va...218697580.html

My gym pass is about to expire, and to buy another year it would be around $300, so I want more options. I think its a pretty good deal seeing as theres 400+ lbs of olympic weights + the rack itself. Would it be better to buy a power rack?
    What everyone has said is true. That equipment is not worth the asking price.

As for buying a membership........consider the following for someone your age (or any age actually but especially yours):

1. cost of memberships whether it be weekly, monthly, annually etc..

2. gas (there and back from gym)

3. wear and tear (on car/truck....tires...etc..etc.)

4. time spent (A biggie for people with tight schedules) driving to and back from gym, changing clothes at the gym, waiting on idiots to get off equipment, people asking stupid questions during session...etc.etc..

I could go on and on about that part.

Now consider the cost of a quality cage, plates, bars, db's...etc:

Add all the above from the membership stuff up for a 30 year period............add the stuff up from the home gym up..............

Your home gym will be tons cheaper (and a lot of other benefits as well) and you can resale a home gym and recoupe a large part of your $$$ (thats where quality comes in.......you always lose more on cheap made equipment even though it's cheaper to buy) when compared to a gym membership for 30 years is nothing more than money GONE. They will not say "hey, here is part of your money back"....lol.

I think you get the point.

Is the weights itself not worth quite alot? I guess I haven't seen anything better lately, thanks for all the input!
    B - 225 x 7
    S - 205 x 5
    D - 315 x 8

chobs will become famous soon enough. (+50) chobs will become famous soon enough. (+50) chobs will become famous soon enough. (+50) chobs will become famous soon enough. (+50) chobs will become famous soon enough. (+50) chobs will become famous soon enough. (+50) chobs will become famous soon enough. (+50) chobs will become famous soon enough. (+50) chobs will become famous soon enough. (+50) chobs will become famous soon enough. (+50) chobs will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Is the weights itself not worth quite alot? I guess I haven't seen anything better lately, thanks for all the input!
    500 pounds of plates would be worth about $250 or so on the used market. Some people like to try to sell it a lot higher/closer to retail value though ...

raynelson188 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) raynelson188 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) raynelson188 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) raynelson188 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) raynelson188 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) raynelson188 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) raynelson188 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) raynelson188 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) raynelson188 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) raynelson188 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) raynelson188 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Like chobs said, 500 lbs of plates are usually sold for ~.50 lb on the used market unless the plates are very high quality at which point the price would most likely be a bit higher. The plates your looking at are not hard to find and are average at best.

I know your prolly in a hurry to purchase equipment but you will be best served to pass on it and wait till better quality at a better price pops up. I suggest going to a gym not by contract but month to month until you find a good deal on quality equipment.

BUTvvvvv

If you HAVE TO buy now then take that same amount of money (that the CL add is asking) and buy a cheap cage and FID bench online and either buy cheap used plates from places like play it again sports....or.....buy a cheap set of Oly plates/bar off CL (which ever you prefer) when you can and your good to go for a long time to come and will have no monthly dues.

A cage, bench, plates and oly bar is all you really need. It does not have to be high end stuff. Buy cheap now and when you get ready/able (or what ever) replace it with mid to high end equipment and even add to it if you want/can.

There has been many a great builds come from much less.

BTW, just to give you an idea....this is what I have less than $700 in that all came off CL:

commercial grade lat pull/row (300lb stack)
    light commercial functional trainer (dual 210lb stacks)
    Body solid series 7 smith (light commercial)
    480 lbs oly plates (ivanko, York, Troy and fitness gear)
    commercial grade leg extension (300lb stack)
    commercial grade prone leg curl (300lb stack)
    commercial grade standing leg curl (300lb stack)
    commercial grade abd/add combo (300lb stack)
    commercial grade 3x3 11 gauge cage
    light commercial 3x3 14 gauge cage
    commercial grade FID bench
    light commercial F/I bench
    1 eazy bar
    three 7' oly bars
    2 lat pull bars (1 straight / 1 bent)
    3 bars for lat rows
    2 pair of metal D handles
    2 ropes for tri work
    16 rubber mats (4'x6'x.75")

LOL.....keep in mind I did not come by all that at once. Nor was it easy. I bought several things at once.....resell part of it...keep part of it..........over and over again (we call it flipping here) until I had less than $700 in all of the above.

There are many here that have done the same.......some better, some worse.

I do how ever have db's on the way that I bought new a couple days ago. Almost 3k in that purchase but I got very tired of waiting (been waiting almost as long as you have been alive) for a steal on db's/rack that were commercial grade.

After my db's get in I will no longer be able to say I have less than $700 in my gym. At that point I will have $3,600 in it. That still is not much for what I have but still.......LOL......I got four times the amount in my db's than the rest of my gym.

Anyways, again, I think (hope) you get the point.