Kauzs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kauzs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kauzs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kauzs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kauzs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kauzs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kauzs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kauzs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kauzs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kauzs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kauzs is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Bent Over Rows Form Check!

Hey guys, I've been browsing for some time and usually get a lot of answers via the search function. However I have an issue specific to me and decided to make an account. Plus I can start contributing to the forums.

I've been doing 5x5 on Bent Over rows and feel like I have a hard time doing heavier weights with good form. I've gotten most of my info on Bent Overs form from DY's videos about proper form. Shoulder length grip, arched back, etc.

I feel as though I use my hips too much. This is me rowing 245, can you guys tell me what I need to work on?
    /watch?v=_jJI5-um1j8&feature=youtu.be

Add that to a youtube.com url (Can't post videos yet )

I Am Teh Lolrus stealth_swimmer's Avatar
    stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    alright, except just a little too upright. Also, don't have your head turned while rowing or doing any exercise. Not good for the spine and can injure it if not careful, or so I've heard.

Kauzs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kauzs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kauzs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kauzs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kauzs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kauzs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kauzs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kauzs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kauzs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kauzs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kauzs is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks!
    However, I must ask: too upright even for the "Yates row"?

And yeah haha I was checking my back in the mirror because I was on camera and wanted to try and nail the form. Thanks again!

I Am Teh Lolrus stealth_swimmer's Avatar
    stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you're using the mirror, try using your peripheral vision as much as possible. Try not to move your head during the lift as well.

If you were doin Yates rows, then your body position is about right.

Originally Posted by stealth_swimmer View Post
    If you're using the mirror, try using your peripheral vision as much as possible. Try not to move your head during the lift as well.

If you were doin Yates rows, then your body position is about right.
    Thanks, will rep when I get to a PC!

Brynden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brynden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brynden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brynden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brynden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brynden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brynden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brynden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brynden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brynden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brynden will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I agree with stealth_swimmer, dont twist your neck never while perfoming a lift.

You are too upright in my opinion, but as long as you switch with more horizontal rowing it should be fine.

doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Weight looks far too heavy. You're only using 50% ROM as a consequence, and as others have said it's causing you to stand almost upright. Torso should be at ~45 degrees.

Spartan1414 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Spartan1414 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Spartan1414 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Spartan1414 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Spartan1414 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Spartan1414 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Spartan1414 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Spartan1414 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Spartan1414 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Spartan1414 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Spartan1414 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yeah personally I try and get my upper body less upright. I mean I do upright rows to hit my traps and shoulders so I focus on this lift hitting my back. Feels like the lower I can get my upper body the longer the ROM and the more it targets my lats and middle back. Normally I try and check my form and then figure out where the bar hits my legs. So I know I'm bent over far enough when the bar is reaching a spot below my knee on my shin.
    Training to be BIGGER STRONGER and FASTER
    Check out my Blog at www.BeefTrain.com