pecsbrah96 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pecsbrah96 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pecsbrah96 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pecsbrah96 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pecsbrah96 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pecsbrah96 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pecsbrah96 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pecsbrah96 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pecsbrah96 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pecsbrah96 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pecsbrah96 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

3 Month Bulk, 10lbs gained. Am I doing it wrong?

Ive been bulking for about 3 months now and Ive gained close to 10 pounds. My lifts have gone up, but looking at progress pics it seems my gains have been largely fat. Any input? cheers to all.

Calories at 2900, protein 1g/lb.

Doing a 3 day split and focusing on progression.

Poverty delts crew
    Melbourne Misc Crew
    NZ Crew

instagram: kev_wang1
    SC: kevwang1

flashstinson0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flashstinson0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flashstinson0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flashstinson0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flashstinson0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flashstinson0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flashstinson0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flashstinson0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flashstinson0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flashstinson0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flashstinson0 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    How long have you been lifting?

I gained 22 pounds in 3 months srs while losing fat, but most of those gains were newbie gains on top of me being ecto and very very active.

Got progress pics if you dont believe me.

PePPaRoz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PePPaRoz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PePPaRoz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PePPaRoz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PePPaRoz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PePPaRoz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PePPaRoz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PePPaRoz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PePPaRoz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PePPaRoz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PePPaRoz is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You gained way to much fat. Keep going down this road and youll have to do a long ass cut which is unnecessary...Cut your calories down bro.

But that's not to say you haven't gained any muscle in the last 3 months. But we can't really tell because 3 months isn't all that long and the fat is covering up potential noticeable gains. But if youre making steady gains you're on the right track. Just don't make the mistake of eating to much on a bullk and getting too fat.
    Last edited by PePPaRoz; 01-12-2014 at 04:05 AM.
    "Who are we to tell people what they can or can't do?"

Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by flashstinson0 View Post
    How long have you been lifting?

I gained 22 pounds in 3 months srs while losing fat, but most of those gains were newbie gains on top of me being ecto and very very active.

Got progress pics if you dont believe me.
    Ahahaha what a clown, impossible to gain much more than 1% of ur lbm a month and also impossible to gain muscle and lose fat at same time unless you an overweight and undertrained male

atl2axj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atl2axj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atl2axj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atl2axj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atl2axj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atl2axj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atl2axj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atl2axj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atl2axj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atl2axj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atl2axj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Womble619 View Post
    Ahahaha what a clown, impossible to gain much more than 1% of ur lbm a month and also impossible to gain muscle and lose fat at same time unless you an overweight and undertrained male
    The last part of your statement gives me hope. Hopefully it's not broscience.

pecsbrah96 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pecsbrah96 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pecsbrah96 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pecsbrah96 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pecsbrah96 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pecsbrah96 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pecsbrah96 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pecsbrah96 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pecsbrah96 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pecsbrah96 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pecsbrah96 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Bump, would appreciate some honest criticism
    Poverty delts crew
    Melbourne Misc Crew
    NZ Crew

110393 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 110393 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 110393 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 110393 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 110393 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 110393 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 110393 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 110393 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 110393 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 110393 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 110393 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Lower the amount of calories you're consuming. You are gaining unnecessary fat. Weight gain isn't something that should be rushed so I advise you to do some more research on your dieting before continuing.

SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    looks like a lot of fat bro

flashstinson0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flashstinson0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flashstinson0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flashstinson0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flashstinson0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flashstinson0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flashstinson0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flashstinson0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flashstinson0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flashstinson0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flashstinson0 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Wink

Originally Posted by Womble619 View Post
    I didnt say it was all muscle I clearly said Pounds learn to read and as I said I lost fat and gained mass believe it or not doesnt matter action speak louder than words and i got a whole gang of pics in my gallery on here from me being 155 to 177 in a three month span and being lean and ripped.

comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    10lbs in 13.5weeks is fine.
    You did seem to gain a fair amount of fat though.
    Don't stop bulking yet.

Expanse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Expanse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Expanse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Expanse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Expanse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Expanse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Expanse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Expanse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Expanse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Expanse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Expanse will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    looks like you made some solid gains. As has been said already, try tweaking your macros to better fit your body. Keep up the good work!

So many contradicting opinions in here lol. So the general consensus is that I've gained some muscle, but too much fat, and the logical step is to reduce my surplus?
    Poverty delts crew
    Melbourne Misc Crew
    NZ Crew

Jmadden44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jmadden44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jmadden44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jmadden44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jmadden44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jmadden44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jmadden44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jmadden44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jmadden44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jmadden44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jmadden44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Cut cals a bit, but stay in surplus mode. Your lifts have gone up. Doing well.
    *OKC THUNDER*
    *OKLAHOMA SOONERS*

Best Comp 1RM
    S 501.5w/470sleeves
    B 358
    D 578
    1405 raw w/ sleeves @214

IG jmad44

Originally Posted by Jmadden44 View Post
    Cut cals a bit, but stay in surplus mode. Your lifts have gone up. Doing well.
    So it looks like i've gained some muscle? I guess a problem I had was not focusing on lower body/ squats + deadlifts until recently hence skimping out on lots of gains. I value your advice because I've been lurking for ages and I know your a experienced person when it comes to lean bulking etc, on the nutmisc
    Poverty delts crew
    Melbourne Misc Crew
    NZ Crew

Originally Posted by pecsbrah96 View Post
    So many contradicting opinions in here lol. So the general consensus is that I've gained some muscle, but too much fat, and the logical step is to reduce my surplus?
    At the end of the day bro its all up to you and what you wanna do with your body!

I read something a couple of hours ago from a dude who was big and super ripped that made a **** ton of sense, he simply said:

When he bulks he bulks very dirty and doesnt worry about how much fat he puts on or his belly getting big,because the only people who worry about how much fat they put on is the ones who dont have the discipline to take it off when its time to cut!

If you know when you cut you can take this fat off or any fat off that you may put on then you dont have nothing to worry about, keep bulking if thats what you want.

You can listen to us all you want but at the end you have to do whats best for you because its your body, you have to look at it everyday,feed it, train it, so the most you should do is take alot of tips from ppl that know what they are talking about mix it with things you learned and rock out.

Everyones body is different man! Idk what body type you are but I know me being ecto bulking is somewhat easy because I naturally have a hard time holding weight and fat doesnt stick but me telling a endomorph to keep bulking and do no cardio might be a stupid idea for him because they keep fat and pick up weight easy.

Sorry for the mini rant but I was just like you when I started but you have to figure out your body and what works best for you from dieting to training to sleeping to eating, I still have alot to learn but I know what works for me and what doesnt for the most part.

I just ask for advice here and there if im confused.

Creatre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Creatre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Creatre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Creatre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Creatre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Creatre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Creatre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Creatre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Creatre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Creatre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Creatre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What's your routine look like? Have any pictures from other angles before/after?

10lbs in about 3 months should be about right. But to me personally it looks like you've put almost all of that into fat. So I would check your routine and make sure you are adding that muscle. It may just look misleading since you are only 5'7".

Originally Posted by flashstinson0 View Post
    At the end of the day bro its all up to you and what you wanna do with your body!

I read something a couple of hours ago from a dude who was big and super ripped that made a **** ton of sense, he simply said:

When he bulks he bulks very dirty and doesnt worry about how much fat he puts on or his belly getting big,because the only people who worry about how much fat they put on is the ones who dont have the discipline to take it off when its time to cut!

If you know when you cut you can take this fat off or any fat off that you may put on then you dont have nothing to worry about, keep bulking if thats what you want.

You can listen to us all you want but at the end you have to do whats best for you because its your body, you have to look at it everyday,feed it, train it, so the most you should do is take alot of tips from ppl that know what they are talking about mix it with things you learned and rock out.

Everyones body is different man! Idk what body type you are but I know me being ecto bulking is somewhat easy because I naturally have a hard time holding weight and fat doesnt stick but me telling a endomorph to keep bulking and do no cardio might be a stupid idea for him because they keep fat and pick up weight easy.

Sorry for the mini rant but I was just like you when I started but you have to figure out your body and what works best for you from dieting to training to sleeping to eating, I still have alot to learn but I know what works for me and what doesnt for the most part.

I just ask for advice here and there if im confused.
    thanks

Originally Posted by Creatre View Post
    What's your routine look like? Have any pictures from other angles before/after?

10lbs in about 3 months should be about right. But to me personally it looks like you've put almost all of that into fat. So I would check your routine and make sure you are adding that muscle. It may just look misleading since you are only 5'7".
    well ****. No , i tried to imitate the lighting to the best of my abilities. Im doing a 3 day split atm, focusing on adding strength to each session.
    Poverty delts crew
    Melbourne Misc Crew
    NZ Crew

the15yearold is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) the15yearold is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) the15yearold is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) the15yearold is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) the15yearold is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) the15yearold is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) the15yearold is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) the15yearold is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) the15yearold is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) the15yearold is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) the15yearold is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by Expanse View Post
    looks like you made some solid gains. As has been said already, try tweaking your macros to better fit your body. Keep up the good work!
    Not trying to hate bother but i loled at the 'u made some solid gains'. It's definitely on the right path but far from solid gains. Seems like a rep beg.

the15yearold is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) the15yearold is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) the15yearold is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) the15yearold is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) the15yearold is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) the15yearold is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) the15yearold is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) the15yearold is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) the15yearold is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) the15yearold is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) the15yearold is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    thanks

well ****. No , i tried to imitate the lighting to the best of my abilities. Im doing a 3 day split atm, focusing on adding strength to each session.
    Imo don't up weight every session I did that and ended up snapping ****. Let the strength gains come automatically every 2/3 weeks. Focus more on working and squeezing the muscle with manageable weight before concerning with too much weight lot of noob's do this including myself and end up snapping ****.

Oh yeah I dont add weight to each session, sorry. I mean I try to progress each time by adding reps, then adding weights when I hit my desired reps.

So basically ur saying i dreamer bulked? Theres a big difference between adding muscle but adding too much fat and adding weight like you didnt even lift. Which category am I falling under?
    Poverty delts crew
    Melbourne Misc Crew
    NZ Crew

Oh yeah I dont add weight to each session, sorry. I mean I try to progress each time by adding reps, then adding weights when I hit my desired reps.

So basically ur saying i dreamer bulked? Theres a big difference between adding muscle but adding too much fat and adding weight like you didnt even lift. Which category am I falling under?
    No I ain't trying to hate or nothing. Jus trying to help out. No u didn't dreamer bulk u did gain some size and some fat it's too early to judge

Ion33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ion33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ion33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ion33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ion33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ion33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ion33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ion33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ion33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ion33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ion33 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Can you give a little more info on your routine? Is your main focus getting stronger on all the most important lifts? And 10lbs in 3 months seems like a nice pace for someone at your level. I can definitely tell you've made some gains but I feel like there's something I'm missing here.

Originally Posted by Ion33 View Post
    Can you give a little more info on your routine? Is your main focus getting stronger on all the most important lifts? And 10lbs in 3 months seems like a nice pace for someone at your level. I can definitely tell you've made some gains but I feel like there's something I'm missing here.
    Leg/Shoulder- Chest/Tri- Back/Bi split. Usually go 3 on 1 off.

I do 5x5 for Bench and Squats, 3x5 on OHP and Deadlift, always focusing on progression.

Volume is around 16-20 sets per workout, rep range 6-12.
    Poverty delts crew
    Melbourne Misc Crew
    NZ Crew

Sway12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sway12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sway12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sway12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sway12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sway12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sway12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sway12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sway12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sway12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sway12 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Leg/Shoulder- Chest/Tri- Back/Bi split. Usually go 3 on 1 off.

I do 5x5 for Bench and Squats, 3x5 on OHP and Deadlift, always focusing on progression.

Volume is around 16-20 sets per workout, rep range 6-12.
    Quoting this from a very knowledgeable source:-

b. Gain muscle/weight: To gain muscle you need to be in a caloric surplus (more than maintenance). Most people wildly overestimate the caloric need for muscle growth. The body can not grow muscle at a particularly fast rate so eating loads of excess calories will only lead to some significant fat gain. Now if you are ultra skinny that might be cool in which case you can be more flexible but I’ll guess the majority of you want muscle gain with minimal fat which means you need to be more careful with your calories. I suggest adding 200-300 calories above your maintenance on your workout days to start with and adjust based on gains from there. Again, being prescriptive here equals fail as some will prefer to add 500-700 on workout days and go below or at maintenance on others. As I said above, do whatever you want within your net goals but bear in the mind the body’s ability to put on muscle is quite similar to it’s ability to get rid of fat but usually works even slower. If you are staying fairly lean during this process you can expect to see a couple of pounds a month muscle gain maximum. If you are wiling to gain more fat then this will be larger but the weight won’t all be muscle…don’t fret over your 6 pack when trying to put on muscle, some fat gain is inevitable and is helpful to the process.

Originally Posted by Sway12 View Post
    Quoting this from a very knowledgeable source:-

b. Gain muscle/weight: To gain muscle you need to be in a caloric surplus (more than maintenance). Most people wildly overestimate the caloric need for muscle growth. The body can not grow muscle at a particularly fast rate so eating loads of excess calories will only lead to some significant fat gain. Now if you are ultra skinny that might be cool in which case you can be more flexible but I’ll guess the majority of you want muscle gain with minimal fat which means you need to be more careful with your calories. I suggest adding 200-300 calories above your maintenance on your workout days to start with and adjust based on gains from there. Again, being prescriptive here equals fail as some will prefer to add 500-700 on workout days and go below or at maintenance on others. As I said above, do whatever you want within your net goals but bear in the mind the body’s ability to put on muscle is quite similar to it’s ability to get rid of fat but usually works even slower. If you are staying fairly lean during this process you can expect to see a couple of pounds a month muscle gain maximum. If you are wiling to gain more fat then this will be larger but the weight won’t all be muscle…don’t fret over your 6 pack when trying to put on muscle, some fat gain is inevitable and is helpful to the process.
    Yeah fair enough. I was probably eating at ~ 400-500 surplus, but I get the impression I missed out on alot of leg gains in this period.
    Poverty delts crew
    Melbourne Misc Crew
    NZ Crew

Svenne has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Svenne has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Svenne has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Svenne has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Svenne has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Svenne has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Svenne has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Svenne has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Svenne has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Svenne has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Svenne has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    The majority of those 10lbs is fat for sure.

Sway12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sway12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sway12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sway12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sway12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sway12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sway12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sway12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sway12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sway12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sway12 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeah fair enough. I was probably eating at ~ 400-500 surplus, but I get the impression I missed out on alot of leg gains in this period.
    If you gained 10 in 3 months then yeh it probably was mate. 2lbs maximum per month.

ZackeryVon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZackeryVon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZackeryVon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZackeryVon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZackeryVon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZackeryVon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZackeryVon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZackeryVon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZackeryVon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZackeryVon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZackeryVon will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Are you working out though
    "The greats weren't great because at birth they could paint; the greats were great because they paint a lot."

For personal coaching in diet, training and supplements PM me or check out my ******** page: www.********.com/2strongvon

Originally Posted by Svenne View Post
    The majority of those 10lbs is fat for sure.
    So it's not even half half in ur opinion?
    Poverty delts crew
    Melbourne Misc Crew
    NZ Crew

Its amazing the difference that lighting and not being bloated can make. Taken today:

Last edited by pecsbrah96; 01-14-2014 at 12:38 AM.
    Poverty delts crew
    Melbourne Misc Crew
    NZ Crew