Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    joedfc will become famous soon enough. (+50) joedfc will become famous soon enough. (+50) joedfc will become famous soon enough. (+50) joedfc will become famous soon enough. (+50) joedfc will become famous soon enough. (+50) joedfc will become famous soon enough. (+50) joedfc will become famous soon enough. (+50) joedfc will become famous soon enough. (+50) joedfc will become famous soon enough. (+50) joedfc will become famous soon enough. (+50) joedfc will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Is HIIT good for weight loss?

Hi! I posted a topic yesterday but no one responded lol, I think I may have posted it in the wrong place though.

Anyway, all I want to know is if HIIT running/jogging is good for losing weight and if so how many days a week and what was/is your routine and what were your results? I'm 5'7 and 170lbs hoping to lose fat and eventually gain muscle.

Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A calorie deficit in your diet is good for weight loss.
    My story going from obese to fit while battling daily chronic headaches:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155566013&p=1104734533#post1104734533

Summer shred 2015. -final updated posted Sept. 19.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167135911

joedfc will become famous soon enough. (+50) joedfc will become famous soon enough. (+50) joedfc will become famous soon enough. (+50) joedfc will become famous soon enough. (+50) joedfc will become famous soon enough. (+50) joedfc will become famous soon enough. (+50) joedfc will become famous soon enough. (+50) joedfc will become famous soon enough. (+50) joedfc will become famous soon enough. (+50) joedfc will become famous soon enough. (+50) joedfc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Znik View Post
    A calorie deficit in your diet is good for weight loss.
    Thanks haha. Does HIIT burn a lot of calories then?

kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yes . . . if your diet is in order.

http://musclereview.net/best-cardio-...-steady-state/

Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by joedfc View Post
    Thanks haha. Does HIIT burn a lot of calories then?
    Everything burns calories, the main difference in the cardio types is time it takes to burn xxx calories. LISS doesn't burn much per minute but you can keep it up for ages, moderate pace a bit more but you probably wear out faster than LISS, HIIT has the highest burn per minute (if you get the intensity right) but it will wear you out fairly fast and requires longer time to recover from.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155566013&p=1104734533#post1104734533

Originally Posted by Znik View Post
    Everything burns calories, the main difference in the cardio types is time it takes to burn xxx calories. LISS doesn't burn much per minute but you can keep it up for ages, moderate pace a bit more but you probably wear out faster than LISS, HIIT has the highest burn per minute (if you get the intensity right) but it will wear you out fairly fast and requires longer time to recover from.
    Thanks man. Nice transformation by the way. Hopefully I can do the same.

Thanks man. Nice transformation by the way. Hopefully I can do the same.
    Stick with a proper diet and weight lifting and you will

dbarks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I can't speak for anyone else, but HIIT cardio worked very well for me. While the percentage of calories burned from lipid metabolism isn't as high as the traditional cardio method, the total calories burned from fat has a much higher potential (Which is better? 65% of 400 or 45% of 900). When I switched to HIIT cardio, I noticed a dramatic change in fat loss.

Originally Posted by dbarks View Post
    I can't speak for anyone else, but HIIT cardio worked very well for me. While the percentage of calories burned from lipid metabolism isn't as high as the traditional cardio method, the total calories burned from fat has a much higher potential (Which is better? 65% of 400 or 45% of 900). When I switched to HIIT cardio, I noticed a dramatic change in fat loss.
    Thanks! What was your HIIT routine? And how many days a week?

dbarks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well, for a few reasons, I was hell bent on losing my weight as fast as possible...which I did. But my methods weren't what most would consider 'healthy.' But as far as my real heavy HIIT cardio, it was 3 days a week. That was about half of my cardio program, and I was also lifting 3 times per week. If you want my exact routine, I would be happy to send it to you.

Originally Posted by dbarks View Post
    Well, for a few reasons, I was hell bent on losing my weight as fast as possible...which I did. But my methods weren't what most would consider 'healthy.' But as far as my real heavy HIIT cardio, it was 3 days a week. That was about half of my cardio program, and I was also lifting 3 times per week. If you want my exact routine, I would be happy to send it to you.
    Yeah please do bro. Appreciate it!

aaron344870 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Im going to try Hitt
    Aaron

AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    none of you are probably actually doing it. though you think you are

Question

Originally Posted by AncientYouth View Post
    none of you are probably actually doing it. though you think you are
    what do you mean?

JooJitsu has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JooJitsu has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JooJitsu has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JooJitsu has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JooJitsu has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JooJitsu has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JooJitsu has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JooJitsu has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JooJitsu has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JooJitsu has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JooJitsu has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Worked for me. Won't do jack if your diet is **** though.

Hi! I posted a topic yesterday but no one responded lol, I think I may have posted it in the wrong place though.

Anyway, all I want to know is if HIIT running/jogging is good for losing weight and if so how many days a week and what was/is your routine and what were your results? I'm 5'7 and 170lbs hoping to lose fat and eventually gain muscle.

AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    what do you mean?
    True HIIT is a super high intensity programme designed for top level athletes, most average people who think they are doing it are not

MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    True HIIT is a super high intensity programme designed for top level athletes, most average people who think they are doing it are not
    Funny because you constantly say most people think they are doing HIIT but they aren't. And that it's designed for top level athletes but yet you say that you actually do HIIT.

Originally Posted by MrM27 View Post
    Funny because you constantly say most people think they are doing HIIT but they aren't. And that it's designed for top level athletes but yet you say that you actually do HIIT.
    I have never said it and never done it

For someone who says they have me on ignore you certainly still love to comment on my posts

yet another LIE you are saying about me! First all of all you call me a JOKE for saying i want to reduce the size of my legs when I post pictures of PROOF of how big they are you DECLINE to comment !

Now you ACCUSE me of constantly saying that people are not actually doing HIIT which is Accurate but that I say that i do it which is a LIE!

IN FACT i often go on about how i like to go on LONG LISS WALKS which is the opposite of HIIT!

I have reported your comments to a moderator and if this site was in any way fair about things you would be sanctioned by now but apparently making up LIES about people is ok to do here

you know i don't seek your APPROVAL as you are fond of saying about me but if you are going to LIE about me maybe it's time YOU looked at YOURSELF and your motivation about me

It gets very wearing when some one makes ACCUSATIONS about you to which they IGNORE the evidence to the contrary when it is presented to them

MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    For someone who says they have me on ignore you certainly still love to comment on my posts

yet another LIE you are saying about me! First all of all you call me a JOKE for saying i want to reduce the size of my legs when I post pictures of PROOF of how big they are you DECLINE to comment !

Now you ACCUSE me of constantly saying that people are not actually doing HIIT which is Accurate but that I say that i do it which is a LIE!

IN FACT i often go on about how i like to go on LONG LISS WALKS which is the opposite of HIIT!

I have reported your comments to a moderator and if this site was in any way fair about things you would be sanctioned by now but apparently making up LIES about people is ok to do here

you know i don't seek your APPROVAL as you are fond of saying about me but if you are going to LIE about me maybe it's time YOU looked at YOURSELF and your motivation about me

It gets very wearing when some one makes ACCUSATIONS about you to which they IGNORE the evidence to the contrary when it is presented to them
    You're still going on about your legs? Really?

Reported me for lying? OK good one.

Looks like you are more mad than ever. Must be the red.

I don't need anymore harassing PM's from you so save yourself the trouble from sending me some as a result of this post.

And as far as HIIT goes what I'm saying is you are always telling people they aren't doing hiit because you simply assume people don't know what it is. Like the majority of people are dumb. You act as if no one has ever looked into what it really is and attempted to do it. You act like no one in the world knows what HIIT is, but yet you do know which is why you can tell them they don't know.

You're still going on about your legs? Really?

Reported me for lying? OK good one.

Looks like you are more mad than ever. Must be the red.

I don't need anymore harassing PM's from you so save yourself the trouble from sending me some as a result of this post.

And as far as HIIT goes what I'm saying is you are always telling people they aren't doing hiit because you simply assume people don't know what it is. Like the majority of people are dumb. You act as if no one has ever looked into what it really is and attempted to do it. You act like no one in the world knows what HIIT is, but yet you do know which is why you can tell them they don't know.
    Jimmies Rustled LMAO

I haven't sent you any PMs since the LYING LEG issue, you Still constantly POST about me even though YOU say you have

ME on IGNORE!

seriously whatever YOU'RE problem with me GET OVER IT!

please note that I NEVER comment about the same old king of the
    Re feeds stuff you CONSTANTLY repeat over and over

BTW please...QUOTE me where I have Said I do HIIT?

can you ACTUALLY quote me saying it?

No you can't that makes YOU a LIAR and you should be sanctioned for it

countparas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs down Stfu

Thanx for destroying a constructive thread.

BTW please...QUOTE me where I have Said I do HIIT?

can you ACTUALLY quote me saying it?

No you can't that makes YOU a LIAR and you should be sanctioned for it
    www.parasuniversal.com

Beerculez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beerculez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beerculez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beerculez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beerculez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beerculez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beerculez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beerculez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beerculez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beerculez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beerculez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I hate HIIT, I have no idea how I lasted untill I was 17 as a pretty decent cross country skier with all the interval training we did lol.

I'd rather just eat less calories and maybe run 2-3 kilometers at a steady pace after my lifting to increase overall deficit a tiny bit. So much more comfortable

Lifting 4-5 days a week and doing high intnsity cardio on top of that on a caloric deficit would be too mentally taxing for me I think, no way I'm doing that when I'm not competing or getting paid for it. I don't think the shred-god Devils does much cardio either and he's as lean as anyone on this site.
    Shreds > cheats

Starvation Mode GO! NitrogenWidget's Avatar
    NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    what do you mean?
    Ignore the red OP.

Different people have different levels of conditioning.
    What would be considered High intensity for a beginner could just be a warm-up for someone else.

TelP is just really nice. (+1000) TelP is just really nice. (+1000) TelP is just really nice. (+1000) TelP is just really nice. (+1000) TelP is just really nice. (+1000) TelP is just really nice. (+1000) TelP is just really nice. (+1000) TelP is just really nice. (+1000) TelP is just really nice. (+1000) TelP is just really nice. (+1000) TelP is just really nice. (+1000)
    Whats Liss?
    Want to know who loves you more, your wife or your dog? Lock them both in the trunk of your car, open it after an hour and see who is happiest to see you.

Starvation Mode GO! NitrogenWidget's Avatar
    NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Beerculez View Post
    I hate HIIT, I have no idea how I lasted untill I was 17 as a pretty decent cross country skier with all the interval training we did lol.

I'd rather just eat less calories and maybe run 2-3 kilometers at a steady pace after my lifting to increase overall deficit a tiny bit. So much more comfortable

Lifting 4-5 days a week and doing high intnsity cardio on top of that on a caloric deficit would be too mentally taxing for me I think, no way I'm doing that when I'm not competing or getting paid for it. I don't think the shred-god Devils does much cardio either and he's as lean as anyone on this site.
    I used to sprint a block, walk a block, sprint a block until I was sucking wind hard, my legs were giving out & I felt like I was going to puke. LOL!

It was a few years ago & I was about 40-50lbs heavier.
    If anything, it did help me when it came to my 6+ mile backpacking trips.

I might try it again in the spring then cool down with a long walk.

BrennanMWhite is a name known to all. (+5000) BrennanMWhite is a name known to all. (+5000) BrennanMWhite is a name known to all. (+5000) BrennanMWhite is a name known to all. (+5000) BrennanMWhite is a name known to all. (+5000) BrennanMWhite is a name known to all. (+5000) BrennanMWhite is a name known to all. (+5000) BrennanMWhite is a name known to all. (+5000) BrennanMWhite is a name known to all. (+5000) BrennanMWhite is a name known to all. (+5000) BrennanMWhite is a name known to all. (+5000)
    HIIT involves higher heart rates, and shorter workouts. If you are specifically talking about running, you'd be looking at something more like sprints.

IMO, the best way to lose weight (in general) is find a form of exercise you enjoy and keep your calories down. If you try to lose weight watching some Zumba video and hate it, you are less likely to do it. You may be better off focusing on lifting weights to burn calories, or vice versa.

OP, you may want to look into a heart rate monitor to keep a good estimate of how many calories you burn. 500 cal is 500 cal, whether you are doing HIIT or LISS.

Originally Posted by TelP View Post
    Whats Liss?
    LISS is Low Impact Steady State training such as fast walking, etc that burns calories but takes longer than faster paced higher intensity work outs. The benefit of LISS is that it doesn't impact on your recovery very much allowing you to do heavy weight/resistance sessions more often especially leg workouts unless your HITT sessions are something like rowing which will severely impact on your Whole body.

LISS can be done anywhere anytime, doesn't get you all hot and sweaty so you can incorporate it into your daily routine but it can significantly increase calorie burn

Human beings are essentially walking machines that is what we are designed to do for long distances

makes me laugh when I go out walking in the am and see so many Very over weight People huffing and puffing trying to run on concrete, it looks like such an effort and the risk of injury is high. They should concentrate on their diet and go for a good fast walk ....much more likely to sustain in the long term

Originally Posted by NitrogenWidget View Post
    Ignore the red OP.

Different people have different levels of conditioning.

What would be considered High intensity for a beginner could just be a warm-up for someone else.

RED is just a colour what is real is reducing from 210 to 168 in 6 months 40 inch waist to 30 inch and now down to 159 with a 29 inch waist with striations everywhere about to turn 50 NO HIIT required

HIIT was designed for world class athletes training at the peak of performance, As beerculeez has said the impact is not worth the effort better off sticking to a decent diet . weights and lower intensity training .....something you can actually SUSTAIN longterm but if it floats your boat have at it