Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    ATriscuit is on a distinguished road. (+10) ATriscuit is on a distinguished road. (+10) ATriscuit is on a distinguished road. (+10) ATriscuit is on a distinguished road. (+10) ATriscuit is on a distinguished road. (+10) ATriscuit is on a distinguished road. (+10) ATriscuit is on a distinguished road. (+10) ATriscuit is on a distinguished road. (+10) ATriscuit is on a distinguished road. (+10) ATriscuit is on a distinguished road. (+10) ATriscuit is on a distinguished road. (+10)

BF moving across country for job.(srs)

Cliffs:
    - dating for 2 years, living together for 1.5 years
    - BF gets dream job across the country. I just started a fantastic job in NY.
    - BF wants to move and me to go with him
    - Don't want to leave new job or family
    - Not sure relationship would survive long distance bc I feel like our relationship is primarily based on doing things and experiencing things together not so much 3 hour intellectual phone conversations.

Any advice?

Boffothe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boffothe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boffothe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boffothe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boffothe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boffothe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boffothe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boffothe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boffothe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boffothe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boffothe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Value these 2 years, help him pack his stuff, shake hands, and move on.
    ~Misc BJJ Crew: Crawl Atop Me and Meet Your Doom~

Amazeme is not very helpful. (-500) Amazeme is not very helpful. (-500) Amazeme is not very helpful. (-500) Amazeme is not very helpful. (-500) Amazeme is not very helpful. (-500) Amazeme is not very helpful. (-500) Amazeme is not very helpful. (-500) Amazeme is not very helpful. (-500) Amazeme is not very helpful. (-500) Amazeme is not very helpful. (-500) Amazeme is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by ATriscuit View Post
    well there you go.

dumb american bishes put careers in front of their relationship and then they wonder why they have to invest in cats when they hit the wall. sucks to be brainwashed OP

brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you don't want to make sacrifice and move with him, then he should break up with you and find someone willing to support him achieve his dreams.

srs

FU3L has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FU3L has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FU3L has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FU3L has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FU3L has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FU3L has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FU3L has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FU3L has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FU3L has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FU3L has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FU3L has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you're not willing to re-locate you're at a bit of an impasse here. You can:

A) Go with him
    B) Break up
    C) Try long distance (almost inevitably bound to fail)
    The trouble with being punctual is that nobody's there to appreciate it.

ATriscuit is on a distinguished road. (+10) ATriscuit is on a distinguished road. (+10) ATriscuit is on a distinguished road. (+10) ATriscuit is on a distinguished road. (+10) ATriscuit is on a distinguished road. (+10) ATriscuit is on a distinguished road. (+10) ATriscuit is on a distinguished road. (+10) ATriscuit is on a distinguished road. (+10) ATriscuit is on a distinguished road. (+10) ATriscuit is on a distinguished road. (+10) ATriscuit is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Amazeme View Post
    well there you go.

dumb american bishes put careers in front of their relationship and then they wonder why they have to invest in cats when they hit the wall. sucks to be brainwashed OP
    I left a position and was unemployed and looking for 5 months. It's not easy out there job wise. After just starting a position I really enjoy, it's hard to think about starting over again.

Amazeme is not very helpful. (-500) Amazeme is not very helpful. (-500) Amazeme is not very helpful. (-500) Amazeme is not very helpful. (-500) Amazeme is not very helpful. (-500) Amazeme is not very helpful. (-500) Amazeme is not very helpful. (-500) Amazeme is not very helpful. (-500) Amazeme is not very helpful. (-500) Amazeme is not very helpful. (-500) Amazeme is not very helpful. (-500)
    I left a position and was unemployed and looking for 5 months. It's not easy out there job wise. After just starting a position I really enjoy, it's hard to think about starting over again.
    then why the fuk would you make this thread? so you can get people's validation? bish take your own decisions and own up to them.

Originally Posted by brehbrah View Post
    If you don't want to make sacrifice and move with him, then he should break up with you and find someone willing to support him achieve his dreams.

srs
    At some point you do have to think about what's best for you as well. I do fully support him regardless of what state I'm in.

then why the fuk would you make this thread? so you can get people's validation? bish take your own decisions and own up to them.
    Validation? I asked for advice on what people would do if they were in my position.

brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000)
    At some point you do have to think about what's best for you as well. I do fully support him regardless of what state I'm in.
    Support as in "i support you" "i hope you do what you want to do" "i'll always be there to support you"

or do you mean actually supporting him by helping him achieve his goals?

Validation? I asked for advice on what people would do if they were in my position.
    so you take a decision, but then you decide you will make a thread, clearly stating your decision and saying you will not change it, so you can know which decision people would take in your position?

why does it matter again?

so you take a decision, but then you decide you will make a thread, clearly stating your decision and saying you will not change it, so you can know which decision people would take in your position?

why does it matter again?
    My question was related to should I be considering trying long distance anyway or am I a complete bitch for not dropping everything and moving across the country.

Originally Posted by brehbrah View Post
    Support as in "i support you" "i hope you do what you want to do" "i'll always be there to support you"

or do you mean actually supporting him by helping him achieve his goals?
    Really good questions and really hit home. Thanks

Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    His dream job? I'd move with him. I think that anyone that truly loved their partner would?

My question was related to should I be considering trying long distance anyway
    no

or am I a complete bitch for not dropping everything and moving across the country.
    okay i'll give you advice then, make sure you understand it : time is your worse enemy.

modernsuperman will become famous soon enough. (+50) modernsuperman will become famous soon enough. (+50) modernsuperman will become famous soon enough. (+50) modernsuperman will become famous soon enough. (+50) modernsuperman will become famous soon enough. (+50) modernsuperman will become famous soon enough. (+50) modernsuperman will become famous soon enough. (+50) modernsuperman will become famous soon enough. (+50) modernsuperman will become famous soon enough. (+50) modernsuperman will become famous soon enough. (+50) modernsuperman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Lunu View Post
    His dream job? I'd move with him. I think that anyone that truly loved their partner would?
    This^

If I could pay bills with love I would. Ideally, I would want a job before I moved anywhere so I wouldn't have to solely rely on others.

Igmann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Igmann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Igmann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Igmann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Igmann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Igmann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Igmann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Igmann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Igmann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Igmann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Igmann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You could just move with him. New York's a pretty good place to live if the income is there.

Originally Posted by Igmann View Post
    You could just move with him. New York's a pretty good place to live if the income is there.
    We live in NY currently, the position is across the country.

Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If I could pay bills with love I would. Ideally, I would want a job before I moved anywhere so I wouldn't have to solely rely on others.
    Life isn't always ideal though. Does he have the ability/offered to support you while you find a new job when you move? Have you looked into the job market over there? Do you have any savings or can you sell something you own to assist in the move? How important the relationship is to you is directly related to how hard you will try to make it work. It doesn't really sound like it's that important to you to be honest...

modernsuperman will become famous soon enough. (+50) modernsuperman will become famous soon enough. (+50) modernsuperman will become famous soon enough. (+50) modernsuperman will become famous soon enough. (+50) modernsuperman will become famous soon enough. (+50) modernsuperman will become famous soon enough. (+50) modernsuperman will become famous soon enough. (+50) modernsuperman will become famous soon enough. (+50) modernsuperman will become famous soon enough. (+50) modernsuperman will become famous soon enough. (+50) modernsuperman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm assuming he'd pay the bills until you find something. Your being selfish, and by no means am I saying that's bad! But if you loved this guy you'd move.

Life isn't always ideal though. Does he have the ability/offered to support you while you find a new job when you move? Have you looked into the job market over there? Do you have any savings or can you sell something you own to assist in the move? How important the relationship is to you is directly related to how hard you will try to make it work. It doesn't really sound like it's that important to you to be honest...
    After being unemployed for 5 months, I don't have the savings to buy out our current lease and pack up and move.

I just started my new position after being unemployed for a while. It takes a toll on you not only financially but also when it comes to your emotional self worth as a functioning person in society.

I don't want to put myself in that position where I would have to rely on him financially again because I decided to move without a job.

Maverick77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    He's your boyfriend, not fiancé or husband. Always put yourself first and don't take relationships so seriously, when they aren't yet. He's asking you to move to the other side of the country, he should be offering some sort of commitment (engagement).

Whats the job anyway?
    www.gregplitt.com

ezjax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ezjax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ezjax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ezjax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ezjax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ezjax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ezjax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ezjax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ezjax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ezjax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ezjax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    After being unemployed for 5 months, I don't have the savings to buy out our current lease and pack up and move.

I just started my new position after being unemployed for a while. It takes a toll on you not only financially but also when it comes to your emotional self worth as a functioning person in society.

I don't want to put myself in that position where I would have to rely on him financially again because I decided to move without a job.
    But he is asking you to.. You don't love him.. If my wife got a movie role in la which is her dream I would quit my 100k+ a year job to support her dream.. My job is not my dream job it's just money and it's replaceable.. My relationship with her is irreplaceable.

Think of it that way..

Is your job irreplaceable?
    Is your relationship irreplaceable? Of it is not you don't love him..

And don't give me that self pity self worth garbage.. Money isn't everything and if it defines who you are you need therapy.. Oh yeah and he asked you to move! Stop making excuses be honest with yourself..

You don't want to start a life with him because you are too attached to your family and your life in New York and you don't believe you will spend your life with him.

I'm in queens ny and it's rough.. But I would love to get out and never come back

PotatosGonPotat is just really nice. (+1000) PotatosGonPotat is just really nice. (+1000) PotatosGonPotat is just really nice. (+1000) PotatosGonPotat is just really nice. (+1000) PotatosGonPotat is just really nice. (+1000) PotatosGonPotat is just really nice. (+1000) PotatosGonPotat is just really nice. (+1000) PotatosGonPotat is just really nice. (+1000) PotatosGonPotat is just really nice. (+1000) PotatosGonPotat is just really nice. (+1000) PotatosGonPotat is just really nice. (+1000)
    Cliffs:
    - dating for 2 years, living together for 1.5 years
    - BF gets dream job across the country. I just started a fantastic job in NY.
    - BF wants to move and me to go with him
    - Not sure relationship would survive long distance bc I feel like our relationship is primarily based on doing things and experiencing things together not so much 3 hour intellectual phone conversations.

Any advice?
    lol find a new boyfriend

Originally Posted by ezjax View Post
    But he is asking you to.. You don't love him.. If my wife got a movie role in la which is her dream I would quit my 100k+ a year job to support her dream.. My job is not my dream job it's just money and it's replaceable.. My relationship with her is irreplaceable.
    wow you're a retard

you bring us red a bad name.

wow you're a retard

you bring us red a bad name.
    This is why you are red.

This is why you are red.
    if i have to explain why he is wrong you will make me cut myself at the amount of delusion you guys are capable of.

Boffothe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boffothe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boffothe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boffothe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boffothe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boffothe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boffothe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boffothe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boffothe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boffothe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boffothe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

~Misc BJJ Crew: Crawl Atop Me and Meet Your Doom~

ezjax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ezjax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ezjax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ezjax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ezjax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ezjax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ezjax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ezjax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ezjax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ezjax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ezjax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    if i have to explain why he is wrong you will make me cut myself at the amount of delusion you guys are capable of.
    Please enlighten me age 22..

Btw my CP is all green besides a mod neg.. That the mod said he would reverse and didn't.