eastcoastATL is not very well liked. (-100) eastcoastATL is not very well liked. (-100) eastcoastATL is not very well liked. (-100) eastcoastATL is not very well liked. (-100) eastcoastATL is not very well liked. (-100) eastcoastATL is not very well liked. (-100) eastcoastATL is not very well liked. (-100) eastcoastATL is not very well liked. (-100) eastcoastATL is not very well liked. (-100) eastcoastATL is not very well liked. (-100) eastcoastATL is not very well liked. (-100)

Gained with dieting

I've been following myfitnesspal and been eating 500 calories less then what it says to eat as people have said it gives you more benefit. I'd like to lose 15lbs. I started dieting at 161-162 and I actually gained 3 or so lbs. I currently eat vegan as my dad's new girlfriend is a vegan and doesn't let me eat meat. In the morning I eat 3 boiled eggs. When I get home from school I have some potatoes with light butter( 2 potatoes). Then in the afternoon I like to have another protein shake and then I eat some protein cereal that's about 374 a pack and I eat two. All together I like to thing I eat like 1800. I'm 5'9 15 years old an it says I need maintenace 2380 calories with underestimating my activity levels. Is it normal to gain a few pounds of weight in the first week? I'm pretty sure it's water weight as I drink 2-3 bottles of water with Presley squeezed lemon in it. I follow myfitnesspal and eat enough till I have 500 calories left at the end. Thanks for your help.

celtic723 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) celtic723 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) celtic723 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) celtic723 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) celtic723 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) celtic723 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) celtic723 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) celtic723 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) celtic723 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) celtic723 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) celtic723 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by eastcoastATL View Post
    I've been following myfitnesspal and been eating 500 calories less then what it says to eat as people have said it gives you more benefit. I'd like to lose 15lbs. I started dieting at 161-162 and I actually gained 3 or so lbs. I currently eat vegan as my dad's new girlfriend is a vegan and doesn't let me eat meat. In the morning I eat 3 boiled eggs. When I get home from school I have some potatoes with light butter( 2 potatoes). Then in the afternoon I like to have another protein shake and then I eat some protein cereal that's about 374 a pack and I eat two. All together I like to thing I eat like 1800. I'm 5'9 15 years old an it says I need maintenace 2380 calories with underestimating my activity levels. Is it normal to gain a few pounds of weight in the first week? I'm pretty sure it's water weight as I drink 2-3 bottles of water with Presley squeezed lemon in it. I follow myfitnesspal and eat enough till I have 500 calories left at the end. Thanks for your help.

Either:

1. You're not tracking each item accurately.
    2. You're not actually eating at a deficit.

If it isn't 1. then you need to reduce the calories even more. If the scale is going up i'd say you're overeating.

As soon as I started my 'diet' I noticed weight loss in the first week. I've never ever seen it increase.

I could be completely wrong though.
    *Cutting for life crew*
    *More negs for being fat than giving bad advice crew*

Ego = 1/Knowledge "More the knowledge lesser the Ego, lesser the knowledge, more the Ego" - Albert Einstein

Dec 1st 2013 - 231lbs
    Feb 10th 2014 -209lbs

GOAL: 180lbs

eastcoastATL is not very well liked. (-100) eastcoastATL is not very well liked. (-100) eastcoastATL is not very well liked. (-100) eastcoastATL is not very well liked. (-100) eastcoastATL is not very well liked. (-100) eastcoastATL is not very well liked. (-100) eastcoastATL is not very well liked. (-100) eastcoastATL is not very well liked. (-100) eastcoastATL is not very well liked. (-100) eastcoastATL is not very well liked. (-100) eastcoastATL is not very well liked. (-100)
    Yeah that's what I was thinking as I do eat a lot of carbs and for the ammount of water I'm drinking, I should be urinating much more. I'm eating in a deficit I can tell as I've cleaned up my diet and I feel hungry at times. Should I do a water weight drop the next 3 days?

celtic723 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) celtic723 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) celtic723 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) celtic723 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) celtic723 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) celtic723 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) celtic723 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) celtic723 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) celtic723 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) celtic723 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) celtic723 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yeah that's what I was thinking as I do eat a lot of carbs and for the ammount of water I'm drinking, I should be urinating much more. I'm eating in a deficit I can tell as I've cleaned up my diet and I feel hungry at times. Should I do a water weight drop the next 3 days?
    A week isn't really a good determination of whether something is working or not. For all you know you could wake up next monday and be 6lbs lighter.

I'd be inclined to say it's water weight, based on the premise you're tracking accurately. How much grams of carbs are you eating according to MFP?
    *Cutting for life crew*

Ego = 1/Knowledge "More the knowledge lesser the Ego, lesser the knowledge, more the Ego" - Albert Einstein

Dec 1st 2013 - 231lbs
    Feb 10th 2014 -209lbs

110. That's still under my goal though..,

Continue to track everything meticulously for the rest of the week and see what happens on monday morning when you weigh yourself.
    *Cutting for life crew*

Dec 1st 2013 - 231lbs
    Feb 10th 2014 -209lbs

Zzechmann33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zzechmann33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zzechmann33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zzechmann33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zzechmann33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zzechmann33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zzechmann33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zzechmann33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zzechmann33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zzechmann33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zzechmann33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    First - Don't follow the suggested qtys of protein, fat and carbs that MFP starts you off with....They are wrong! Just use MFP to track how many calories and macro nutrients you are eating based on what you've calculated for yourself. The body doesn't even require carbs so don't worry about how many carbs you are eating, they do not make you gain weight or fat. Just make sure you hit your protein and fat requirements.

Second - it hasn't even been a week, you need to give it more time before you determine if you need to lower or raise your calories.
    *IIFYM*

Starting weight 12/1/11 - 240lbs

I'll see what happends. I admit, I've eaten unhealthily but still stayed under my maintenance. But now I'm going to only water at school for lunch instead if powerade, I'm going for no snacks. And sticking to eggs-protein shake-potatoes-cereal diet. Sounds good?

Originally Posted by Zzechmann33 View Post
    First - Don't follow the suggested qtys of protein, fat and carbs that MFP starts you off with....They are wrong! Just use MFP to track how many calories and macro nutrients you are eating based on what you've calculated for yourself. The body doesn't even require carbs so don't worry about how many carbs you are eating, they do not make you gain weight or fat. Just make sure you hit your protein and fat requirements.

Second - it hasn't even been a week, you need to give it more time before you determine if you need to lower or raise your calories.

Do you want to add/comment on anything that helped you or you recommend?

Bump

Daani30 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Daani30 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Daani30 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Daani30 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Daani30 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Daani30 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Daani30 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Daani30 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Daani30 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Daani30 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Daani30 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Zzechmann33 View Post

Body does require carbs, and no carbs don't make you gain weight or fat. Being in a deficit does, people always use carbs as a bad thing it's not.