Relogic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Relogic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Relogic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Relogic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Relogic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Relogic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Relogic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Relogic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Relogic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Relogic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Relogic will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Sorinex Hurricane vs Power Rack, Sorinex Power Runner vs any type of leg press

So for weeks I've been mulling over what equipment I want to buy for my home gym. I got a pretty decent budget (up to $20,000) and a modest amount of space (2 car garage / 8' 4" ceilings).

I had planned on a power rack with all the bells and whistles until I came across the Sorinex Hurricane, which appears to do nearly everything in a nice, neat package (Well, almost everything minus pull overs and pulls ups, also olympic lifts would probably be very difficult if not impossible). Problem is, I've never used one and was hoping you guys could help me out with the pros/cons of it when compared to a Power Rack.

Also I had planned on getting a leg press machine (leaning towards the vertical type) until I came across the Sorinex Power Runner (same story as above). Can anyone familar with the Power Runner tell me how it stacks up performance wise against a leg press? Is it good enough to completely replace the leg press?
    Last edited by Relogic; 01-02-2014 at 07:10 PM.

RonnieC27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RonnieC27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RonnieC27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RonnieC27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RonnieC27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RonnieC27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RonnieC27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RonnieC27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RonnieC27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RonnieC27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RonnieC27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Relogic View Post
    So for weeks I've been mulling over what equipment I want to buy for my home gym. I got a pretty decent budget (up to $20,000) and a modest amount of space (2 car garage / 8' 4" ceilings).

I had planned on a power rack with all the bells and whistles until I came across the Sorinex Hurricane, which appears to do nearly everything in a nice, neat package (Well, almost everything minus pull overs and pulls ups, also olympic lifts would probably be very difficult if not impossible). Problem is, I've never used one and was hoping you guys could help me out with the pros/cons of it when compared to a Power Rack.

Also I had planned on getting a leg press machine (leaning towards the vertical type) until I came across the Sorinex Power Runner (same story as above). Can anyone familar with the Power Runner tell me how it stacks up performance wise against a leg press? Is it good enough to completely replace the leg press?
    I think the consensus on this board is that the Hurricane isn't that useful. If you have time search through "The Best of" thread.

dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RonnieC27 View Post
    I think the consensus on this board is that the Hurricane isn't that useful. If you have time search through "The Best of" thread.
    I'm not sure that is a consensus. That is more or less one persons opinion (a few at most) and that person has probably spent well over a 100k on individual machines for every conceivable movement (often times purchases two or three machines per movement). He didn't think it did anything well, but he is comparing it to what he thinks are the best machines for each movement.

I would still think you would want to build the core of your gym around a good rack. I'd view the Hurricane as a supplement to the rack, allowing you to do plate loaded machine movements in addition to free weight movements. I've never used the Hurricane so I can't really give you an opinion. I found one used at a good price a while back and tried to purchase it, but the seller was always too busy to meet me, so I gave up on it.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #39 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #2 ▪█─────█▪

▪[[[[────]]]]▪ York Barbell Club #93 (DD) ▪[[[[────]]]]▪

▪[M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #10 ▪[M]====[6]▪

186lbs in Avatar

dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I do own a Power Runner and really like it, but i wouldn't consider it to be a replacement for a leg press. As far as leg presses go, I prefer the Cybex Squat Press, but would consider other arced presses as well (Hammer Strength). Leverage squat machines more closely replicate a true squat, and I would consider them to be a good substitute for a leg press.

186lbs in Avatar

Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hurricane could be simulated with double landmines and custom handles. Wouldn't be as convenient of course. Still it's a machine and if you really need a machine in addition to freeweights you are advanced or injured. And your pics don't look advanced. So not much reason to think of leg presses either.

Hurricane is also 4K. Not worth it for a garage gym and non-pro athlete.

Can't recommend spending 20K on a home gym unless you have special needs. 5K at most.
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #24 -!!!---!!!-

RonnieC27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RonnieC27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RonnieC27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RonnieC27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RonnieC27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RonnieC27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RonnieC27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RonnieC27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RonnieC27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RonnieC27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RonnieC27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by dumb.bell View Post
    I'm not sure that is a consensus. That is more or less one persons opinion (a few at most) and that person has probably spent well over a 100k on individual machines for every conceivable movement (often times purchases two or three machines per movement). He didn't think it did anything well, but he is comparing it to what he thinks are the best machines for each movement.

I would still think you would want to build the core of your gym around a good rack. I'd view the Hurricane as a supplement to the rack, allowing you to do plate loaded machine movements in addition to free weight movements. I've never used the Hurricane so I can't really give you an opinion. I found one used at a good price a while back and tried to purchase it, but the seller was always too busy to meet me, so I gave up on it.
    Agree with your sentiments on a power rack as the starting point. I've never used a Hurricane so can't really comment on it's efficacy.

Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I think one problem with the Hurricane would be movements that are supposed to start at the top. Maybe I'm looking at it wrong, but it looks like all exercises would have to start at the bottom. I don't think you want to start a squat at the bottom. I don't think you want to bench press from the bottom.

Maybe you'd love it. Maybe not. But you can't go wrong with a rack.

GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Detrus View Post
    Hurricane could be simulated with double landmines and custom handles. Wouldn't be as convenient of course. Still it's a machine and if you really need a machine in addition to freeweights you are advanced or injured. And your pics don't look advanced. So not much reason to think of leg presses either.

Can't recommend spending 20K on a home gym unless you have special needs. 5K at most.
    Detrus and I agree in about 1 in every 2000 threads but I'm with him on this.

Edit: I'm actually not with him on this. Missed budget and thought OP was blowing it all on Hurricane. But buy a rack also OP.
    Last edited by GarageIron; 01-02-2014 at 09:37 PM.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #30 ()---()

daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Not everyone wants to drive a Yugo. Some people like to drive Cadillacs.

GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by daniel327 View Post
    Not everyone wants to drive a Yugo. Some people like to drive Cadillacs.
    Ever driven a Cadillac? It's like a turd with lipstick. At least the Yugo is just a turd.

Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Though I agree the Hurricane is not worth worth it, the last sentence is just stupid. Special needs? You started off benching on a couch with cardboard. Just because you don't have money to spend on a gym why can't anyone else?

That budget is dismal for anyone buying new equipment that can afford it.

Rack $2000
    Bench $5-800
    Shipping $......

That's over half your $5k limit.
    ▪██─────██▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #3 ▪██─────██▪

○---○ [[[[-----]]]] York Barbell Crew #52 [[[[-----]]]] ○---○
    ( DD Crew, Globes, Kg's, + )

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #45 ▪█─────█▪

~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    5 posts in 8 years and pops in here with a 20k budget to buy equipment.

Mind = Blown
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew ^^^^^^^
    ------------- No Vax Crew ----------------

Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by keyboardworkout View Post
    5 posts in 8 years and pops in here with a 20k budget to buy equipment.

Mind = Blown
    Just realized this is the guy that wanted a IM2000 and Powertec lat.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...post1184452241

~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

Relogic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Relogic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Relogic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Relogic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Relogic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Relogic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Relogic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Relogic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Relogic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Relogic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Relogic will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I appreciate everyones responses! Looks like Im going to shy away from the Hurricane and stick with the time tested power rack setup.

As far as my post count being dismal in relation to my registration date...Ive always used bodybuilding.com as a resource for information and a place to buy supplements, but never had any reason to post on the forum until now. For most of my adult life, Ive been interested in working out but never took it too seriously until ~2 years ago. Since then Ive had some setbacks, such as shoulder surgery to repair a torn labrum and ab 5 months ago a portion of my upper pec tore away from my sternum, which thankfully Im recovering steadily from. My physique, while vastly improved from where I came from, still isnt where Id like it to be. So while I may not look like Im at an "advanced stage", my motivation and determination certainly is.

Ive recently had a bad experience at a gym that I was a member of for a while + my financial situation & living accommodations all added up to me deciding it was time to do the home gym thing. So Ive been steadily researching what I should get and that lead me here.

Originally Posted by RonnieC27 View Post
    I've never used a Hurricane so can't really comment on it's efficacy.
    Same here, I merely wanted to point out that the opinion expressed in the "Best of the Best" thread might not be applicable in this situation. Its premised on buying the best machine for a particular movement, rather than a machine that is versatile and good for many movements although not necessarily great at any.

186lbs in Avatar

DogDoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) DogDoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) DogDoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) DogDoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) DogDoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) DogDoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) DogDoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) DogDoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) DogDoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) DogDoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) DogDoc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I thought I would pop on here to help answer some questions about the Hurricane. I actually bought the one that HealthNutMD was selling a couple of years ago. I thought it would be a good all-around piece to have in my home gym, but I quickly found out like Chris that it has a number of shortcomings.

The Good IMO:
    Bent Rows, One-arm Rows, Shrugs, Deadlifts.

The Bad IMO:
    Almost everything else, i.e. Bench, Incline Bench, Shoulder press, Squats, etc.

As HealthnutMD has talked about before, most of the problem is due to the plane of motion that the individual bars take-they diverge instead of converge. This works fairly well for any movements from floor level up to parallel as the divergence follows your body's natural path. Unfortunately, for movements from parallel moving upward overhead, the divergence is terrible as your arms are forced to move apart the further up you go.

It is simply too big and too expensive for me to recommend to anyone for a home gym. It takes up a huge amount of your floor space. For similar movements that it works well at, such as the deadlifts, rows, and shrugs, I would purchase one of those units from either Hammer Strength or Legend Fitness.

I traded mine for a couple of other pieces of equipment and then ended up getting a Pit Shark that I am very happy with.

Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000)
    OP if you have such serious injuries maybe you would benefit from machine work. Just hard to say which machine if you don't try it first.

Originally Posted by Northernmoris View Post
    Though I agree the Hurricane is not worth worth it, the last sentence is just stupid. Special needs? You started off benching on a couch with cardboard. Just because you don't have money to spend on a gym why can't anyone else?

That budget is dismal for anyone buying new equipment that can afford it.

Rack $2000
    Bench $5-800
    Shipping $......

That's over half your $5k limit.
    Couchbench deserves a lot more respect than you imply.

And that's a pretty good rack and bench. Then you can get good bars and plates and a specialty bar or two for the other 2.5K. Thinking of a home gym as a cadillac, wanting machines, etc. are special needs and desires. Even if I was willing to spend 20K I wouldn't recommend it to others. Most people are focused on improving physiques. Equipment focus club is pretty small.
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #24 -!!!---!!!-

Originally Posted by DogDoc View Post
    I thought I would pop on here to help answer some questions about the Hurricane. I actually bought the one that HealthNutMD was selling a couple of years ago. I thought it would be a good all-around piece to have in my home gym, but I quickly found out like Chris that it has a number of shortcomings.

The Good IMO:
    Bent Rows, One-arm Rows, Shrugs, Deadlifts.

The Bad IMO:
    Almost everything else, i.e. Bench, Incline Bench, Shoulder press, Squats, etc.

As HealthnutMD has talked about before, most of the problem is due to the plane of motion that the individual bars take-they diverge instead of converge. This works fairly well for any movements from floor level up to parallel as the divergence follows your body's natural path. Unfortunately, for movements from parallel moving upward overhead, the divergence is terrible as your arms are forced to move apart the further up you go.

It is simply too big and too expensive for me to recommend to anyone for a home gym. It takes up a huge amount of your floor space. For similar movements that it works well at, such as the deadlifts, rows, and shrugs, I would purchase one of those units from either Hammer Strength or Legend Fitness.

I traded mine for a couple of other pieces of equipment and then ended up getting a Pit Shark that I am very happy with.
    Great advice. I would love a pit shark. No room though.

~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by GarageIron View Post
    Ever driven a Cadillac? It's like a turd with lipstick. At least the Yugo is just a turd.
    Yep, a CTS-V and that is a frick'n machine. So not every Caddy is a "turd with lipstick."

Originally Posted by Skyaura View Post
    Yep, a CTS-V and that is a frick'n machine. So not every Caddy is a "turd with lipstick."
    Haha... Stand down sir. I meant no harm. I swear some guys would rather have their kids insulted than their cars. I understand. I'm a car guy.

I have driven a CTS and that is the basis of my turd comment. I've never even seen a CTS-V. That said, my buddy owns a Corvette ZR1 which I've driven and believe shares the same drivetrain (maybe just engine, I don't recall). It is a monster and a dangerous car. Here are some pics of the day he got it and came by the house (and every neighbor "stopped by") ... sadly it sits in a shop/barn 99% of the time. If I had the $130,000 he paid for a car, I'd still find something else. Not trying to impress anyone with the pics (its not my car, I just try to drive it when he is away) but I have them, so here they are.

That is my old Ridgeline in the background of the third pic.

EDIT: removed photos of his license plate.

Last edited by GarageIron; 01-03-2014 at 09:06 PM.

Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by GarageIron View Post
    Haha... Stand down sir. I meant no harm. I swear some guys would rather have their kids insulted than their cars. I understand. I'm a car guy.

I have driven a CTS and that is the basis of my turd comment. I've never even seen a CTS-V. That said, my buddy owns a Corvette ZR1 which I've driven and believe shares the same drivetrain (maybe just engine, I don't recall). It is a monster and a dangerous car. Here are some pics of the day he got it and came by the house (and every neighbor "stopped by") ... sadly it sits in a shop/barn 99% of the time. If I had the $130,000 he paid for a car, I'd still find something else. Not trying to impress anyone with the pics (its not my car, I just try to drive it when he is away) but I have them, so here they are.

That is my old Ridgeline in the background of the third pic.

EDIT: removed photos of his license plate.

Ridgeline???? Is that even a truck???

Car guy here to. I have been fortunate to have been through a number of driving courses offered by our agency as well as courses outside of our agency. The one I always wanted to go to was the Team O'Neil Rally School, but never got a chance.

The CTS-V has a 6.2 litre V8, 556 HP and 551 lb-ft of torque. It is a great machine.

Never heard the CTS called a turd. I thought it was a nice car that has received good reviews all away around (Road and Track, Edmunds, Consumer Reports) etc. I would like to drive the new CTS. The third generation CTS, which just came out, has garnered rave reviews. All new platform (Alpha), which the new ATS rides on.

As far as the Corvette, the hottest version I ever drove was the Z06, equipped with the LS7 V8 engine putting down 505 HP. Would love to get my hands on a ZR1.

Originally Posted by Skyaura View Post
    Ridgeline???? Is that even a truck???

Car guy here to. I have been fortunate to have been through a number of driving courses offered by our agency as well as courses outside of our agency. The one I always wanted to go to was the Team O'Neil Rally School, but never got a chance.

The CTS-V has a 6.2 litre V8, 556 HP and 551 lb-ft of torque. It is a great machine.

Never heard the CTS called a turd. I thought it was a nice car that has received good reviews all away around (Road and Track, Edmunds, Consumer Reports) etc. I would like to drive the new CTS. The third generation CTS, which just came out, has garnered rave reviews. All new platform (Alpha), which the new ATS rides on.

As far as the Corvette, the hottest version I ever drove was the Z06, equipped with the LS7 V8 engine putting down 505 HP. Would love to get my hands on a ZR1.
    I've only driven 2 caddys. One was a Catera about 7 years ago and the other was a CTS which I'm guessing (it was a rental) was a 2009. I only had it a few days and my impression was poor. I don't really remember the car but remember thinking they tried so hard to make it luxurious that they missed the boat on the basics. It seemed like a fast sunfire with a fancy dash.

I bought that Ridgeline in 2009 and sold it a year later. It is not a truck, more like an SUV but does 99% of the things guys say they have a truck for, just none of them actually use it. I wanted a truck with side impact airbags for my kids and it had what I wanted. I've seen a few accidents with well protected parents and baby seats smashed into pieces. Nice pick dad.

I have a US built truck now and goof around with it on occasion. It is a Ram... and it's ok. Pretty fast for a stock truck. Destroys F150s (or at least the ones that seem to want to race me), not sure about GMs they don't seem to even try. The driver just wears the hat and pretends I'm not there. Probably best. The fords usually get me through the first gear change but then I see them in my mirror... It's pathetic really.... Not so much that they lose, it's the terrible excuses after about tires and gear ratios. If you knew all that sht before than don't race me "truck expert". Be like the GM guy and just wear a hat. My truck will probably explode in a year or two, the brakes suck and the stock tires are so terrible I had to replace them immediately. Then the ford guy can have his victory.

I'm not a dodge guy at all but do enjoy ruining the day of a fanboy.
    Last edited by GarageIron; 01-03-2014 at 11:01 PM.

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    People still buy Government Motors vehicles?

Don't even get me started on Chrysler.

You can't forget what these companies were allowed to do to American taxpayers with the Government's help.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew ^^^^^^^
    ------------- No Vax Crew ----------------