Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    GTO91 is just really nice. (+1000) GTO91 is just really nice. (+1000) GTO91 is just really nice. (+1000) GTO91 is just really nice. (+1000) GTO91 is just really nice. (+1000) GTO91 is just really nice. (+1000) GTO91 is just really nice. (+1000) GTO91 is just really nice. (+1000) GTO91 is just really nice. (+1000) GTO91 is just really nice. (+1000) GTO91 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ZRJacques View Post
    Stay consistent and motivated and you'll be there in no time!

Keep me posted about the fluff, it's definitely one of my go to's. Not so much as of late, but it'll stick around for a long time.
    I will, consistency is key!

A little update on the fluff, I think I found a way to make it work with basically every fruit (berries still work the best though). I mash the fruit(thawed but still cold) with the casein and water before hand, instead of just putting it in the bowl and start mixing. Simple change, but so far I had great results. Fluff is such a good tool on my psmf-ish cut right now, but the mind is an even better tool I realized.
    I feel like I really am in control and things are going well.

Could I have your input on something please?

I'm cutting right now on a big deficit, basically psmf/rfl. I plan to do this until I reach around 12-14% body fat, after that I would go into a smaller deficit, cut down to ~10% and eat around 2000 calories (this should put me at ~500kcal deficit). So bascially the same thing that you did.
    Now my question, after you made this experience, how would you reccomend to go about the transition from the big deficit (eating around ~1000kcal) to around 2000 calories or even more later on (maintenance)? Would really like your advice on this, thanks!
    Kind of afraid to gain back fat, probably a little bit of an irrational fear, but better be safe than sorry.

ZRJacques is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZRJacques is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZRJacques is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZRJacques is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZRJacques is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZRJacques is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZRJacques is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZRJacques is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZRJacques is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZRJacques is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZRJacques is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by GTO91 View Post
    I will, consistency is key!

A little update on the fluff, I think I found a way to make it work with basically every fruit (berries still work the best though). I mash the fruit(thawed but still cold) with the casein and water before hand,and instead of just putting it in the bowl and start mixing. Simple change, but so far I had great results. Fluff is such a good tool on my psmf-ish cut right now, but the mind is an even better tool I realized.
    I feel like I really am in control and things are going well.

Could I have your input on something please?

I'm cutting right now on a big deficit, basically psmf/rfl. I plan to do this until I reach around 12-14% body fat, after that I would go into a smaller deficit, cut down to ~10% and eat around 2000 calories (this should put me at ~500kcal deficit). So bascially the same thing that you did.
    Now my question, after you made this experience, how would you reccomend to go about the transition from the big deficit (eating around ~1000kcal) to around 2000 calories or even more later on (maintenance)? Would really like your advice on this, thanks!
    Kind of afraid to gain back fat, probably a little bit of an irrational fear, but better be safe than sorry.
    You always have to remember that as long as you're in a deficit, fat loss is ALWAYS linear. Weight loss (which includes fat and LBM - water/muscle) on the other hand can be masked by water retention. Sodium, stress, and the reintroduction of CHO can all cause this.

As you know my PSMF cycles were ran in three week increments. With two weeks of VLC (very low calories) followed by a week at a standard defict. Even during the latter weeks I was losing at a respectable rate. Anywhere from 2-3 pounds a week. When I made the permanent switch back to a smaller deficit I jumped right from a two week PSMF cycle into the deficit and remained there while continuing to lose weight until my cut was over with.

During the last few weeks I've managed to increase my calories from 2140 up to 2600 without any weight gain whatsoever. I've just been increasing calories by 100-150 each week, and will continue cautiously until I see the scale starting to move up a half of a pound per week consistently.

You're not going to add back fat as long as your deficit remains. Even when you're adding back calories week by week you're technically still in a deficit, it's just another way to find maintenance as cautiously as possible. Many people just increase their intake to 90% of their perceived maintenance when fished cutting and experience little water weight gain while trying to find that number before buliking. That route works as well, and I'm sure it might have worked for me. My approach was a little more cautious because of the fact that I lost such a large amount of weight in a very short amount of time.

As soon as you start reintroducing CHO back into your diet you may or may not see a slight increase in water weight, but that's just glycogen. Your muscles will look a hell of a lot fuller, and you'll look less flat. Each gram of CHO will attach itself to 4 grams of water when stored as glycogen.

It's for the better. You'll notice how much better you're able to train on a higher CHO intake.
    "He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life." - Muhammad Ali

GTO91 is just really nice. (+1000) GTO91 is just really nice. (+1000) GTO91 is just really nice. (+1000) GTO91 is just really nice. (+1000) GTO91 is just really nice. (+1000) GTO91 is just really nice. (+1000) GTO91 is just really nice. (+1000) GTO91 is just really nice. (+1000) GTO91 is just really nice. (+1000) GTO91 is just really nice. (+1000) GTO91 is just really nice. (+1000)
    You always have to remember that as long as you're in a deficit, fat loss is ALWAYS linear. Weight loss (which includes fat and LBM - water/muscle) on the other hand can be masked by water retention. Sodium, stress, and the reintroduction of CHO can all cause this.

As you know my PSMF cycles were ran in three week increments. With two weeks of VLC (very low calories) followed by a week at a standard defict. Even during the latter weeks I was losing at a respectable rate. Anywhere from 2-3 pounds a week. When I made the permanent switch back to a smaller deficit I jumped right from a two week PSMF cycle into the deficit and remained there while continuing to lose weight until my cut was over with.

During the last few weeks I've managed to increase my calories from 2140 up to 2600 without any weight gain whatsoever. I've just been increasing calories by 100-150 each week, and will continue cautiously until I see the scale starting to move up a half of a pound per week consistently.

You're not going to add back fat as long as your deficit remains. Even when you're adding back calories week by week you're technically still in a deficit, it's just another way to find maintenance as cautiously as possible. Many people just increase their intake to 90% of their perceived maintenance when fished cutting and experience little water weight gain while trying to find that number before buliking. That route works as well, and I'm sure it might have worked for me. My approach was a little more cautious because of the fact that I lost such a large amount of weight in a very short amount of time.

As soon as you start reintroducing CHO back into your diet you may or may not see a slight increase in water weight, but that's just glycogen. Your muscles will look a hell of a lot fuller, and you'll look less flat. Each gram of CHO will attach itself to 4 grams of water when stored as glycogen.

It's for the better. You'll notice how much better you're able to train on a higher CHO intake.
    Awesome.
    I really appreciate you going so much into detail in every response to questions, it really helps. Especially since I feel like I'm on a similar road like you are (or rather were), with the psmf etc. and it's great to have someone to ask stuff, who did walk that road with success. Thanks a bunch for doing that!

Enjoy your sunday!

ZRJacques is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZRJacques is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZRJacques is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZRJacques is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZRJacques is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZRJacques is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZRJacques is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZRJacques is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZRJacques is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZRJacques is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZRJacques is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Awesome.
    I really appreciate you going so much into detail in every response to questions, it really helps. Especially since I feel like I'm on a similar road like you are (or rather were), with the psmf etc. and it's great to have someone to ask stuff, who did walk that road with success. Thanks a bunch for doing that!

Enjoy your sunday!
    No problem bro. I'm always here if you need me.
    "He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life." - Muhammad Ali

Day 131 - 5/11/14

Weigh in:

162.5 lbs. (-0.5/-38)

Training:

Rest day

Cardio:

Time: Around 20 minutes or so

Activity: Running- Not tracked

Distance traveled: Not tracked

Calories burned: N/A

Diet:

Nutrient details

Protein cake w/ Peanut butter/Chocolate covered bananas and marshmellows

Notes:

-Had a good Mother's Day today.
    -Spent some quality time with the mom and grandmother.
    -I'm not sure what's up with my Photobucket but all of my previous photos seemed to be disabled right now.
    -It has to do with the site's storage capacity. I'm not sure if it's worth paying the extra 3 dollars a month for additional memory.
    -I can't be bothered to figure it out right now. I'm too tired.
    -Bed in a few minutes.
    -Night y'all

Last edited by ZRJacques; 05-11-2014 at 08:53 PM.

Day 132 - 5/12/14

Training:

Workout B

Squats: Warm up set: 135x1x5 Working set: 185x5x5

Deadlift: Warm up set: 135x1x5/225x1x3 Working set: 285x1x5

Barbell Rows: Working set: 135x5x5

Barbell Press: Warm up set: 65x1x5 Working set: 110x5x5

Close Grip Bench Press: Warm up set: 135x1x8 Working set: 170x1x7/170x2x6

Barbell Curls: Warm up set: 40x1x8 Working set: 65x3x8

Cable Crunches: Warm up set: 72.5x1x10 Working set: 97.5x2x8 (Supersetted with timed planks) (Ran out of time again before the 3rd set)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Preferential assistance work

Timed Planks: 1:30x2

Cardio:

Diet:

Nutrient Details

Sludge - Labrada Nutrition: Lean Pro 8 - Vanilla Ice Cream/Marshmellows/Berry Colassal Crunch

Informational video

Notes:

-Today's workout was again great on all cylinders.
    -I've been making sure to take enough rest in between each set in order to put forth maximum effort/intensity.
    -I'm getting to the point where I'm hoping to start seeing my pressing strength increase week by week again.
    -My squat has seen a major improvement since my last reset in both strength and form. Especially form.
    -The increase in CHO over the last few weeks has helped tremendously.
    -Getting in close to 400 grams a day is so much more satisfying than the mere 20 grams a day during the PSMF earlier in the year.
    -I don't even want to think about how I'd feel on 20 CHO a day right now.
    -The bowl of sludge I made today was amazing. You can find the recipe here.
    -Anyways, today was a good day.
    -It was 80 degrees out today!
    -Which is the first time it's hit 80 so far this year here in Rhode Island

EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Dem taters

Good to read your energy in the gym is going strong ZR.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

Originally Posted by EjnarKolinkar View Post
    Dem taters

Good to read your energy in the gym is going strong ZR.
    Love me some taters.

Love em ever more when mashed. <3

Thanks for checking in brother!

Asguroth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asguroth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asguroth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asguroth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asguroth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asguroth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asguroth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asguroth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asguroth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asguroth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asguroth will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Nice to read that your energy has been doing better. Noticed that your lifts are pretty similar to mine except for your dead and bench are a bit stronger than mine.
    That dude's chest in the video... is huge lol found myself staring at it....

That guy forgot to mention cucumbers. Eat 2 cucumbers pretty much about 80 calories and fills you up.

Just want to say your log is really awesome and I enjoy coming here and just reading your success. Keep it up dude!
    Strive to be the better self that one could possibly be.

The sludge looks tasty!

I'm a bit unsure right now of how to continue with my cut, maybe you could give you're input?

Been doing a PSMF-ish cut for 10 days now, macros are:
    1000 calories
    80C
    140P
    10F

Put's me at around 1500 calories of a deficit.

Lifting 3-4 times a week.

I'm Feeling kind of apathethic and lethargic since the last 1-2 days and haven't done a refeed yet, so basically 10 days straight with that big deficit.

Now, I was thinking to do 2 days at maintenance or slightly over, keep fat low on those days, basically a refeed over 2 days.
    Then go back into the big deficit for another 7-10 days, end with a high-carb day at/over maintenance and go into a smaller deficit after that day (-500 calories).

That way the PSMF would be a good kick start and I could lose the last 5-6kg with a smaller and more pleasant deficit.

What do you think about that? Any advice is appreciated, as always!

barbrox has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) barbrox has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) barbrox has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) barbrox has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) barbrox has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) barbrox has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) barbrox has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) barbrox has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) barbrox has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) barbrox has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) barbrox has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Agreed! Very nice log, ZR. I like your notes. You have a great attitude.

Originally Posted by Asguroth View Post
    Nice to read that your energy has been doing better. Noticed that your lifts are pretty similar to mine except for your dead and bench are a bit stronger than mine.
    That dude's chest in the video... is huge lol found myself staring at it....

That guy forgot to mention cucumbers. Eat 2 cucumbers pretty much about 80 calories and fills you up.

Just want to say your log is really awesome and I enjoy coming here and just reading your success. Keep it up dude!
    Cucumbers taste great with a good dressing. Raspberry vinaigrette is definitely a favorite of mine.

Thanks for checking in brother! I'm glad my log is worth the time to read.

The sludge looks tasty!

I'm a bit unsure right now of how to continue with my cut, maybe you could give you're input?

Been doing a PSMF-ish cut for 10 days now, macros are:
    1000 calories
    80C
    140P
    10F

Put's me at around 1500 calories of a deficit.

Lifting 3-4 times a week.

I'm Feeling kind of apathethic and lethargic since the last 1-2 days and haven't done a refeed yet, so basically 10 days straight with that big deficit.

Now, I was thinking to do 2 days at maintenance or slightly over, keep fat low on those days, basically a refeed over 2 days.
    Then go back into the big deficit for another 7-10 days, end with a high-carb day at/over maintenance and go into a smaller deficit after that day (-500 calories).

That way the PSMF would be a good kick start and I could lose the last 5-6kg with a smaller and more pleasant deficit.

What do you think about that? Any advice is appreciated, as always!
    Two days at maintenance does sound like a good idea. It'll help more so psychologically than physiologically but you'll benefit from both.

Most importantly the reefed days will super compensate your glycogen stores and replenish what's lost. Secondly, you'll help regulate hormones for the time being.

Lyle McDonald actually recommends a certain PSMF for leaner individuals < 12%. The PSMF is run for 10-12 days with a 3 day reefed following it. In the end it really doesn't matter which type of diet/protocol you're following. The only thing that matters is that you're in the deficit.

Stay strong bro! It sounds like you're getting closer and closer to your goal.

Originally Posted by barbrox View Post
    Agreed! Very nice log, ZR. I like your notes. You have a great attitude.
    Thanks Barb! Positivity is contagious.

Day 133 - 5/13/14

Training:

Rest day

Diet:

Nutrient details

Strawberry/Banana Frotein/Peanut Butter and Banana sandwiches <3 Two of my favorite (PB&B sandwiches are my favorite food.)

Notes:

-Slept well again last night with vivid dreams, even without the melatonin
    -My sleep cycle has relied on melatonin for over the last 6-8 months, so it's nice to see myself get some quality sleep without it.
    -I'm hoping to cycle off of it indefinitely, without future dependence on it.
    -Aside from that, today was a good day. Macros were hit and life was good.
    -I'll probably end up watching some television here in a bit.
    -I hope everybody else is having a good week so far!
    -Workout A and hump daaaaayeeee tomorrow.

Two days at maintenance does sound like a good idea. It'll help more so psychologically than physiologically but you'll benefit from both.

Most importantly the reefed days will super compensate your glycogen stores and replenish what's lost. Secondly, you'll help regulate hormones for the time being.

Lyle McDonald actually recommends a certain PSMF for leaner individuals < 12%. The PSMF is run for 10-12 days with a 3 day reefed following it. In the end it really doesn't matter which type of diet/protocol you're following. The only thing that matters is that you're in the deficit.

Stay strong bro! It sounds like you're getting closer and closer to your goal.
    Thank you for the input once again, bro!

I decided to go with around 4000 calories today, after reading quite a bit of Lyle McDonald's input on this topic. He suggests a surplus and I definitely hit that today, probably around 1500 calories over maintenance, fat under 30gr, so the carbs should replenish my glycogen stores, with no fat gain! Tommorow I will go with 2500 calories, which is around maintenance.
    After that it's time for another 7-10 days of the PSMF-ish cut, and I think these 2 "break" days will set me up for that pretty well, and I will be able to do it without much problems.

And like you said, psychologically these days help a lot. It's nice to satiated and not lethargic for a change.

And yes , I'm really getting closer to my goal, this is the leanest I have been yet, it's great to see details that never were there before! Still a bit to go though, but I'm confident that I will do it.

I will keep you updated on my progress, only if you want to of course, I already feel like I'm spamming your log too much. Sorry for that!

P.S.
    Your sandwiches inspired me for today, I had me some french baguette (fresh out of the oven) with some whey as spread (mix with minimal water, so it's like a chocolate paste) and slices of banana on top. Delicious!

Ataraxic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ataraxic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ataraxic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ataraxic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ataraxic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ataraxic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ataraxic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ataraxic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ataraxic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ataraxic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ataraxic will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Gotta post here again. It's impressive as shii~ that you've grown so much in regards to nutrition/lifting. I find myself coming to check your log daily to see if I might learn something new and motivate myself sense i'm on the same program as you and close to the same bodytype. Keep on doing you, bro

Thank you for the input once again, bro!

I decided to go with around 4000 calories today, after reading quite a bit of Lyle McDonald's input on this topic. He suggests a surplus and I definitely hit that today, probably around 1500 calories over maintenance, fat under 30gr, so the carbs should replenish my glycogen stores, with no fat gain! Tommorow I will go with 2500 calories, which is around maintenance.
    After that it's time for another 7-10 days of the PSMF-ish cut, and I think these 2 "break" days will set me up for that pretty well, and I will be able to do it without much problems.

And like you said, psychologically these days help a lot. It's nice to satiated and not lethargic for a change.

And yes , I'm really getting closer to my goal, this is the leanest I have been yet, it's great to see details that never were there before! Still a bit to go though, but I'm confident that I will do it.

I will keep you updated on my progress, only if you want to of course, I already feel like I'm spamming your log too much. Sorry for that!

P.S.
    Your sandwiches inspired me for today, I had me some french baguette (fresh out of the oven) with some whey as spread (mix with minimal water, so it's like a chocolate paste) and slices of banana on top. Delicious!
    Of course you need to keep me updated. :P

Don't ever feel like you can't come in here and post. You're always welcome.

The community here on the forums is a great place. We can always learn a little something from each other.

Originally Posted by Ataraxic View Post
    Gotta post here again. It's impressive as shii~ that you've grown so much in regards to nutrition/lifting. I find myself coming to check your log daily to see if I might learn something new and motivate myself sense i'm on the same program as you and close to the same bodytype. Keep on doing you, bro
    Thanks bro! It's crazy what can happen in such a short period of time, huh?

Anyways, I'm glad you came to check in. Take it easy boss.

Day 134 - 5/14/14

Training:

Workout A

Squats: Warm up set: 135x1x5 Working set: 190x5x5 (Finally broke the 185 barrier!)

Flat Bench Press: Warm up set: 135x1x5/185x1x3 Working set: 200x4x5/200x1x6 (A few of the sets were unintentionally spotted since my spotter touched the bar on his own)

Barbell Rows: Working set: 155x5x5 (My form alright on these. The bar was pulled towards my lower abdominals instead of my lower chest.)

Barbell Shrugs: Warm up set: 175x1x8 Working set: 250x2x8/245x1x8 (Almost forgot to do the third set and ended up with 245 on the last set by accident)

Chin Ups: Working set: Bodyweightx1x8/Bodyweightx1x7/Bodyweightx1x6 (I'm hoping to start adding some weight to these sometime soon)

EZ Bar Skull crushers: Working set: 80x1x6/75x2x8 (Dropped the weight 5 pounds after the first set)

Hyperextensions: Warm up set: Bodyweightx1x10 Working set: 35x2x10

Cable Crunches: Warm up set: 72.5x1x10 Working set: 97.5x3x10 (Supersetted with timed Planks)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Preferential assistance work

Timed Planks: Working set: 1:30x3

Incline Dumbbell Curls: Warm up set: 25/25x1x8 Working set: 32.5/32.5x3x8

Cardio:

Time: 8:02 (+5:00 Warm up/2:30 Cool down)

Activity: Running- 7.0-10.0 MPH/2.0 Incline (Speed was kept constant at 7.0 throughout and then raised to 9.5-10.0 during the final minute and a half.)

Distance traveled: 1.00 Miles (My heart rate reached an all time high of 180 at the end. The reading nearly scared the **** out of me.)

Calories burned: N/A

Diet:

Nutrient details

Motivational video

Notes:

-Wow! Today's session was great, and that's to say the LEAST. By far one of my best sessions this entire year so far.
    -My body is recovering so much faster, and each and every set seemed to go up with relative ease.
    -Even though a few reps were touched by the spotter during my bench, my chest seemed to feel a lot stronger today.
    -My squat was actually able to break the 185 barrier with perfect form.
    -My legs are definitely starting to grow. That I can tell for sure.
    -Even though the first few sets of squats drain a lot of energy, the rest of my lifts starting to see improvement as well.
    -My goal is to finish running ICF 5x5 until I reach a 405x5 deadlift/315x5 squat/and a 275x5 bench press.
    -I'm not sure how long it'll take me, but I know I'll get there.
    -This next year of bulking should serve me well in the strength category.
    -I'm so close to breaking the 8 minute mile mark!
    -My time improved once again, even after another grueling 2 hour lifting session.
    -I'm shooting for a sub 8:00 mile this weekend some time.
    -Anyways, even though I'm a little upset the Bruins lost in game 7 tonight, tomorrow is another day.
    -Good night to anyone reading this!

tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It blows my mind that you always come within like +-5 calories lol!
    It's awesome.
    Looks like everything is good ITT.

barbrox has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) barbrox has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) barbrox has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) barbrox has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) barbrox has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) barbrox has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) barbrox has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) barbrox has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) barbrox has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) barbrox has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) barbrox has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I like doing planks too; although, I haven't done them in a while. The longest I would hold a plank was 4 minutes. I should start doing them daily again.

Originally Posted by tara19 View Post
    It blows my mind that you always come within like +-5 calories lol!
    It's awesome.
    Looks like everything is good ITT.
    Thanks Tara! I'm sure it'll get a lot harder once summer actually hits. You know, when the beach actually starts to call my name.

For once in my life.

I like doing planks too; although, I haven't done them in a while. The longest I would hold a plank was 4 minutes. I should start doing them daily again.
    Holy hell Barb!! 4 minutes?? That must have taken a while to build up to, huh?

Do you have any pointers on how to hold the plank longer? It's usually not even my core that gives out. More so my shoulders and legs start to feel the burn later in each set.

Although yesterday, I could have held them for longer than 1:30. They weren't all that hard. Maybe I'll try for 1:45 on Friday.

Holy hell Barb!! 4 minutes?? That must have taken a while to build up to, huh?

Do you have any pointers on how to hold the plank longer? It's usually not even my core that gives out. More so my shoulders and legs start to feel the burn later in each set.

Although yesterday, I could have held them for longer than 1:30. They weren't all that hard. Maybe I'll try for 1:45 on Friday.
    I started with 30s and shook so badly. Lol, but I did them every day. I was holding for 2m after a couple weeks. I worked up to the 4m after two months. I could hold the plank longer, but frankly, I get bored and want to do something else. Haha!

As for tips, just do them regularly and try to increase your time every single time. I started doing only one in the beginning, then worked up to 2-4 planks, holding between 2-3 minutes each. I would switch to standard planks to side planks. I kept a log, so I'm glad I did that. Last tip, I read books, checked email, and browsed websites to pass the time. It was better than just staring at the floor. A minute goes by so slowly.

tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just a harder version of the plank too.
    When I got up to 3+ minutes, I used to get bored so I would put a weight plate on my back to make it harder.

I started with 30s and shook so badly. Lol, but I did them every day. I was holding for 2m after a couple weeks. I worked up to the 4m after two months. I could hold the plank longer, but frankly, I get bored and want to do something else. Haha!

As for tips, just do them regularly and try to increase your time every single time. I started doing only one in the beginning, then worked up to 2-4 planks, holding between 2-3 minutes each. I would switch to standard planks to side planks. I kept a log, so I'm glad I did that. Last tip, I read books, checked email, and browsed websites to pass the time. It was better than just staring at the floor. A minute goes by so slowly.
    Staring at half of my head because the mirror cuts off 6 inches from the ground crew checking in!

Maybe I'll just get "lost" in some Netflix next time. :P

Thanks for the tips!

Originally Posted by tara19 View Post
    Just a harder version of the plank too.
    When I got up to 3+ minutes, I used to get bored so I would put a weight plate on my back to make it harder.
    I'm eventually going to have to take that awkward walk up to some random dude while holding a 45 pound plate and politely ask "Can you place this on my back and stand next to me for the next 3-4 minutes until you hear my raspy ass voice say help"?

Day 135 - 5/15/14

Training:

Rest day

Diet:

Nutrient details

Grenade Nutrition/Food Pron Protein pancakes

Notes:

-Good rest day overall but only managed a little over 5 hours of sleep last night
    -If anybody has any tips whatsoever on how to improve longevity of sleep that would be much appreciated.
    -My problem isn't getting to sleep, or even staying asleep for that matter. The problem lies in not getting enough, waking up too early, and without being able to fall back asleep.
    -Anyways, there was an awesome surprise waiting on my table as soon as I came home from work today!
    -Grenade Nutrition sent me a complimentary 2 pound bag of their new Hydra 6 protein.
    -They were also awesome enough to send me their Cookie Chaos flavor, which tastes amazing!
    -If anybody wants to read my review on it, you can see it here.
    -Those protein pancakes tasted phenomenal as well! The recipe can be found here.
    -Hopefully I'll have enough time to read the newest Walking Dead comic before getting some shut eye.
    -Workout A tomorrow
    -Cheers to the ****ing weekend!
    -Night y'all

Last edited by ZRJacques; 05-15-2014 at 08:57 PM.

Asguroth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asguroth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asguroth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asguroth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asguroth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asguroth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asguroth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asguroth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asguroth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asguroth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asguroth will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    That food porn art hnnng.

That was pretty cool of Grenade nutrition to send you a bag of its product. Personally I have experienced not being able to stay asleep but that happened for a couple of weeks. I would sometimes have to resort to a sleeping pill to help me get a good couple of hours of sleep to ensure that my body recovers. When I transitioned back into a caloric surplus my hormones went back to normal. These days I get about 6-8hours of sleep because I am usually tired from working out and having either walked/ biked. Though yeah sucks not getting a good night of sleep. Hope things get better for you man!
    Strive to be the better self that one could possibly be.

Originally Posted by Asguroth View Post
    That food porn art hnnng.

That was pretty cool of Grenade nutrition to send you a bag of its product. Personally I have experienced not being able to stay asleep but that happened for a couple of weeks. I would sometimes have to resort to a sleeping pill to help me get a good couple of hours of sleep to ensure that my body recovers. When I transitioned back into a caloric surplus my hormones went back to normal. These days I get about 6-8hours of sleep because I am usually tired from working out and having either walked/ biked. Though yeah sucks not getting a good night of sleep. Hope things get better for you man!
    I hope so too. 6-8 hours every night would feel so much more refreshing in the morning.

Day 136 - 5/16/14

Training:

Workout B

Squats: Warm up set: 135x1x5 Working set: 190x5x5

Deadlift: Warm up set: 135x1x5/225x1x3 Working set: 290x1x5

Barbell Rows: Working set: 135x5x5

Barbell Press: Warm up set: 65x1x5 Working set: 110x5x5

Close Grip Bench Press: Warm up set: 135x1x8 Working set: 165x1x7/170x1x7/170x1x6

Barbell Curls: Warm up set: 40x1x8 Working set: 65x3x8

Cable Crunches: Ran out of time because of work. I'll probably end up substituting some core work in over the weekend sometime.

Diet:

Nutrient Details

Informational video

Notes:

-Great session today
    -Squats were a bit tough but everything else went up with ease.
    -This weekend will be enough time for me to get some really good rest in before next week.
    -Just finished watching Fight Club for the first time. I've seen bits and pieces before, but never got the chance to see it straight though.
    -About to hit the sheets here soon.
    -Hopefully I'm able to "sleep" in tomorrow or maybe just get some quality sleep in general.
    -Good night!

LinkinBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    how often did u train on psmf? 3 times a week?

Originally Posted by LinkinBrah View Post
    how often did u train on psmf? 3 times a week?
    Every 3rd day. So twice one week followed by three times the next week.

LinkinBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Every 3rd day. So twice one week followed by three times the next week.
    thx for ur reply man. last question bro. did u go with the cals over maintenance on the weekly refeed? and is the free meal a must? or can i do it without it.
    keep up the great work. gonna try it out cuz of ur log. so much motivated.