Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    ZRJacques is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZRJacques is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZRJacques is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZRJacques is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZRJacques is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZRJacques is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZRJacques is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZRJacques is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZRJacques is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZRJacques is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZRJacques is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by EjnarKolinkar View Post
    Fluff time?

Been meaning to watch that Wolf of wall st. Haven't had time. Gotta catch it.
    Yep. I'm in the process of increasing calories in order to find my true maintenance. After two weeks of maintenance, I'll increase calories into a slight, controlled surplus (250 calories) for the next year or so.

Unless you meant protein fluff?

In that case,

mmmmmmmmmm

Need to make me another batch in the next few days. <3
    Last edited by ZRJacques; 04-30-2014 at 04:54 AM.
    "He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life." - Muhammad Ali

EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I though protonz fluff for sure with the xanthan gum.

Sounds like a good plan on upping the cals.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

ZRJacques is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZRJacques is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZRJacques is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZRJacques is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZRJacques is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZRJacques is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZRJacques is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZRJacques is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZRJacques is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZRJacques is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZRJacques is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I though protonz fluff for sure with the xanthan gum.

Sounds like a good plan on upping the cals.
    Believe it or not, I use an 8th of a teaspoon sometimes to thicken up my protein shakes. It makes them much more filling as well!
    "He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life." - Muhammad Ali

Day 120 - 4/30/14

Training:

Workout A

Squats: Warm up set: 135x1x5 Working set: 175x4x5

Flat Bench Press: Warm up set: 135x1x5/185x1x3 Working set: 200x1x5/200x1x4/200x2x3 (Even after increasing calories a bit, my pressing strength still seems to be on the decline. A deload might be needed ASAP)

Barbell Rows: Warm up set: 135x1x5 Working set: 150x4x5

Barbell Shrugs: Warm up set: 150x1x8 Working set: 250x2x8

Chin Ups: Working set: Bodyweightx2x8

EZ Bar Skull crushers: Working set: 75x2x8

Hyperextensions: Warm up set: Bodyweightx1x10 Working set: 35x2x10

Cable Crunches: Warm up set: 72.5x1x10 Working set: 97.5x2x10 (Supersetted with timed Planks)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Preferential assistance work

Incline Dumbbell Curls: Warm up set: 25/25x1x8 Working set: 30/30x2x8

Timed Planks: Working set: 1:30x2

Lying Leg Raises: Warm up set: Bodyweightx8 Working set: Bodyweightx2x8

Face pulls: Warm up set: 30x1x10 Working set: 35x2x10

Incline Cable flies: Warm up set: 12.5/12.5x1x8 Working set: 12.5/12.5x2x8

Inside Hammer Curls: Warm up set: 22.5/22.5x1x8 Working set: 27.5/27.5x2x8

Seated Calf Raises: Warm up set: 95x1x10 Working set: 115x2x10

Cardio:

Time: 8:44 (+5:00 Warm up/5:00 Cool down)

Activity: Running- 6.7-8.4 MPH/2.0 Incline (Speed was kept constant at 6.7 throughout and then raised to 8.4 during the final minute and a half)

Distance traveled: 1.00 Miles

Calories burned: N/A

Diet:

Notes:

-Today's workout in all honestly felt great even though my pressing strength on the bench wasn't where it should have been.
    -I'm seriously contemplating on incorporating a deload into my training sometime in the next few weeks. Maybe next week if it's really necessary.
    -I haven't taken time off or planned a de load in almost 5 months.
    -I'm really hoping tomorrow's rest day is enough to maintain or even increase lifts during Friday's B workout.
    -On a more positive note, I was able to increase my mile time by 16 seconds and felt great running even after a 2 hour lifting session.
    -All else was well today aside from the crappy weather once again.
    -Tomorrow is supposed to be just as bad
    -I'm really exhausted right now and am going to lay down the rest of the night and either play some Xbox or watch a movie.
    -Good night!
    Last edited by ZRJacques; 05-02-2014 at 04:45 AM.

Day 121 - 5/1/14

Training:

Rest day

Diet:

Notes:

-Today was an alright rest day overall.
    -I wasn't able to sleep nearly as much as I'd had hoped, but ended up in the 6-7 range.
    -I've noticed a lot better cognitive/physical performance when my sleep is in the 8-9 hour range.
    -In the end, you can't win em all. Especially when your body tells you when it's time to wake up.
    -Not all too much happened today though.
    -I'll probably end up watching some YouTube videos or some television later.
    -Early night tonight, hopefully I'll be able to catch up on some rest
    -Workout B tomorrow
    Last edited by ZRJacques; 05-02-2014 at 04:46 AM.

Day 122 - 5/2/14

Training:

Workout B

Squats: Warm up set: 135x1x5 Working set: 175x4x5

Deadlift: Warm up set: 135x1x5/225x1x3 Working set: 280x1x5

Barbell Rows: Warm up set: 135x1x5 Working set: 135x4x5

Barbell Press: Warm up set: 65x1x5 Working set: 110x4x3

Close Grip Bench Press: Warm up set: 135x1x8 Working set: 170x2x7

Barbell Curls: Warm up set: 40x1x8 Working set: 60x2x8

Cable Crunches: Warm up set: 72.5x1x10 Working set: 97.5x2x10 (Supersetted with timed planks)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Timed Planks: 1:30x2

Lying Leg Raises: Working set: Bodyweightx2x8

Inside Hammer Curls: Warm up set: 22.5/22.5x1x8 Working set: 27.5/27.5x2x8

Diet:

Notes:

-Today was another great workout.
    -Everything went up with relative ease except for my pressing movements (Standing Press/CGBP).
    -The last rep on each of the Close Grip set were missed today as well.
    -I'm honestly debating whether or not to plan a deload sometime in the next few weeks.
    -It'll all depend on how much rest and recovery my body is able to catch up on this weekend.
    -Anyways, today was a little too awesome to say the least.
    -My current phone contract was up after the last two years which enabled me to upgrade the Samsung Galaxy S5.
    -It's much faster and the phone's specifications put my old Droid Incredible 2's to shame.
    -I'm going to end up playing with it for the rest of the night and trying to figure out all the nooks and crannies it has to offer.
    -On that note, Happy Friday and cheers to the weekend!
    -Even though my work has a required meeting/training all morning/afternoon tomorrow.
    -Good night everyone.

GTO91 is just really nice. (+1000) GTO91 is just really nice. (+1000) GTO91 is just really nice. (+1000) GTO91 is just really nice. (+1000) GTO91 is just really nice. (+1000) GTO91 is just really nice. (+1000) GTO91 is just really nice. (+1000) GTO91 is just really nice. (+1000) GTO91 is just really nice. (+1000) GTO91 is just really nice. (+1000) GTO91 is just really nice. (+1000)
    You are doing so well, bro. The recent pics are great, I admire you're dedication, been following from the start!
    What I was wondering, how did the transition from the PSMF to 2000kcal and then the transition to now 2500kcal go in terms of hunger? One would think, that you're body would be focused to regaining bodyfat, and thus make you very hungry, especially if some more food (carbs) are introduced back into the diet.
    Are you very focused on food right now, or do you think you're relationship with it is "normal" with it?

And what made you able to power through those moments of crazy hunger during the PSMF? I know you had you're ECA (which I can't acces here), so any other thing against the hunger (in general)? Mabye some insight on your psychological mindset would be great, where you got the motivation from, how you stayed on track, even if you were feeling bad or anything like that.

I experience a very unstable mood on big deficits, going from very sad to very happy, how was it for you?

And are you still eating all you're calories in one single meal in the evening? If yes, how do you get through the day without any food and ECA? :

Thanks!
    Last edited by GTO91; 05-03-2014 at 08:24 AM.

Originally Posted by GTO91 View Post
    You are doing so well, bro. The recent pics are great, I admire you're dedication, been following from the start!
    What I was wondering, how did the transition from the PSMF to 2000kcal and then the transition to now 2500kcal go in terms of hunger? One would think, that you're body would be focused to regaining bodyfat, and thus make you very hungry, especially if some more food (carbs) are introduced back into the diet.
    Are you very focused on food right now, or do you think you're relationship with it is "normal" with it?

And what made you able to power through those moments of crazy hunger during the PSMF? I know you had you're ECA (which I can't acces here), so any other thing against the hunger (in general)? Mabye some insight on your psychological mindset would be great, where you got the motivation from, how you stayed on track, even if you were feeling bad or anything like that.

I experience a very unstable mood on big deficits, going from very sad to very happy, how was it for you?

And are you still eating all you're calories in one single meal in the evening? If yes, how do you get through the day without any food and ECA? :

Thanks!
    Thanks GTO!

The initial transition from the PSMF to the standard 500 calorie deficit at around 2.1k felt amazing at first. There were no issues in terms of hunger, even after cycling off the EC stack. I knew how my body was going to react since the PSMF was ran in cycles followed by a week at a standard deficit. As far as gaining body fat, I'm being very cautious adding calories back each week while trying to find my true maintenance. Even though recent anecdotal evidence/research may suggest otherwise. Many current members of these forums stated that they raised calories to 90% of their perceived maintenance and sat there for two weeks before transitioning into a bulk. The reason I chose to take the cautious approach was because I lost nearly a quarter of my body weight in a matter of 4 and a half months. Obviously the body would be primed and ready to start adding fat because of nutrient deprivation.

Carbs haven't been an issue, and it's been great to be able to eat a higher amount daily since my body functions and runs a lot better on a lot of them. I'm sure most people feel the same way.

I'm never really focused on food, and only really view it as necessary tool to improve my health and body composition now. Obviously I'm human and enjoy the taste and meal while eating, but it's not a big part of my life anymore. Food use to be my "go to" whenever stress got the best of me. I'll never let that be the case in my life, ever again. That may sound a bit strange, but it's true now. I've learned so much about myself and how psychologically strong you can be, even when going to certain extremes.

Determination, motivation, and discipline were the biggest drivers during my PSMF journey. Hunger was never really an issue, and that may have been due to the EC stack. It's appetite suppressing abilities are phenomenal to say the least, but it also helped give me energy where I might have otherwise lost it. Extreme hunger can do a lot of things to you. It'll obviously affect your energy and performance in the gym, but it also takes away from the rest of your daily life. That's where the EC stack helped the most. It gave me the energy to carry on with my life as if I'd been in a normal deficit.

Motivation has to come within. Obviously everybody is different, and it may take a bit more to get somebody motivated but it needs to be internally driven. Writing in this journal every night reminded me of where I started, and what the goal was. Also, giving advice and helping out newer members in the losing fat forum gave me a sense of self accountability. If they were going to be taking advice from somebody, then it might as well be somebody who's following through on their own terms, right?

Mood swings were never really an issue, as my mind was always occupied and held busy by my daily life/job and relationship with friends. Also, during the night my mind was again kept occupied by video games, television, and my computer. Simple things such as electronics can help time go by a hell of a lot faster.

As far as eating all of my calories in one meal. Yes, that's how I'm currently eating and it'll stay my preference until it becomes hard to fit that many calories in at once, which hasn't been the case yet. My body is simply used to this eating style and rarely do I experience hunger pangs. Even when they do occur, the occasional sip of water does the trick every time.
    Last edited by ZRJacques; 05-03-2014 at 07:42 PM.

Day 123 - 5/3/14

Training:

Rest day

Cardio:

Time: 8:13 (+5:00 Warm up/5:00 Cool down)

Activity: Running- 6.8-9.3 MPH/2.0 Incline (Speed was kept constant at 6.8 throughout and then raised to 9.3 during the final two minutes)

Diet:

Notes:

-Only slept a little over 5 hours last night
    -Hopefully I'm able to catch up tonight
    -My meeting for work was held outside for the most part.
    -Thank god, because today was probably the nice day of Spring so far here in Rhode Island.
    -My cardio session today was my best to date so far, and probably my best mile time ever.
    -My time improved by 31 seconds.
    -The last two minutes on 9.3 MPH wasn't all too bad to say the least.
    -Tomorrow I'll weigh in with another new start to the week!
    -Good night everyone.
    Last edited by ZRJacques; 05-04-2014 at 04:49 AM.

Day 124 - 5/4/14

Weigh in:

163 lbs. (-0.5/-38)

Training:

Rest day

Diet:

Nutrient details

Romaine Salad w/ Raspberry Vinaigrette/Peanut Butter Pop Tart Clan

Notes:

-Managed to get in a decent amount of sleep last night and a good hour and half nap in today as well
    -I'm catching up on sleep slowly but surely.
    -Overall today was awesome and the weather just as great (Aside from the occasional strong gust).
    -All else was well and I even got to spend some extra time with family.
    -Spider Man 3 is on right now.
    -I'm going to finish watching this before calling it a night.
    -Oh yeah, I'm down a half of a pound since last week so that means I'm getting closer to finding my true maintenance.
    -Increased calories by another 100 up to 2600 this week.
    -Hopefully I'm able to accurately find it during the next 2-3 weeks before finally starting my first bulk!
    -Great start to this beautiful upcoming week
    -Good night!

Last edited by ZRJacques; 05-04-2014 at 06:36 PM.

EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I could go for 250 grams of banana about now! Those and milk are my two most missed foods while dieting. I still get some in, but now as much as I would like.

Malt o Meal berry crunch is good, but IMO Cocoa Dyno Bites are the bomb. I really like the ingredients list; basically rice, sugar. cocoa, coconut oil.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

I could go for 250 grams of banana about now! Those and milk are my two most missed foods while dieting. I still get some in, but now as much as I would like.

Malt o Meal berry crunch is good, but IMO Cocoa Dyno Bites are the bomb. I really like the ingredients list; basically rice, sugar. cocoa, coconut oil.
    Peanut butter and banana sandwiches are my favorite food. At least right now they are. :P

I've always loved Capn' Crunch growing up, especially the peanut butter flavor. Malt o Meal berry crunch is the same thing only branded differently, and a lot cheaper, which I like. I'll have to give those dyno bytes a shot sometime in the near future, since I used to love cocoa krispies growing up.

Nanonight will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nanonight will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nanonight will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nanonight will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nanonight will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nanonight will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nanonight will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nanonight will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nanonight will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nanonight will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nanonight will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't think I've replied here before. Somewhere around page 4 I checked your progress and went back to your first post. After seeing the enormous difference I just had to read the whole thing, especially since you seem pretty similar to me. Reading your log has convinced me to finally give PSMF a go, starting this Friday. No (easy) access to EC here, though, hoping just caffeine will do.

Guess what I wanted to say was; gjdm!

GTO91 is just really nice. (+1000) GTO91 is just really nice. (+1000) GTO91 is just really nice. (+1000) GTO91 is just really nice. (+1000) GTO91 is just really nice. (+1000) GTO91 is just really nice. (+1000) GTO91 is just really nice. (+1000) GTO91 is just really nice. (+1000) GTO91 is just really nice. (+1000) GTO91 is just really nice. (+1000) GTO91 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks a lot for the detailed response, I really appreciate it!

And I made some protein fluff today, after seeing it in this thread. I used ON 100% Vanilla cream Casein and frozen strawberries. I have to say, I'm shocked how incredibly satiating this stuff is. Seriously, I started eating around 20 minutes ago, so far I have eaten around 80% of it, but at 50% I already wanted to stop, because I was just so full. This is great for PSMF and cutting in general, glad to have this "tool" now.

Any advice on how to make it stay a bit colder? I let it stir for 10 minutes on the highest speed, it got really fluffy, but the temperature was not really cold. I figure it would taste much better cold. And which casein do you reccomend for taste? I just got the ON 100% Vanilla, good stuff, but I'm wondering how others are like. And which fruits/other ingredients do you recommend?
    Last edited by GTO91; 05-05-2014 at 12:58 PM.

Insilicio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Insilicio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Insilicio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Insilicio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Insilicio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Insilicio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Insilicio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Insilicio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Insilicio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Insilicio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Insilicio has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Impressive cut man, I am going to do the same, hopefully look as nice as you at the end of my cut.

Originally Posted by Nanonight View Post
    I don't think I've replied here before. Somewhere around page 4 I checked your progress and went back to your first post. After seeing the enormous difference I just had to read the whole thing, especially since you seem pretty similar to me. Reading your log has convinced me to finally give PSMF a go, starting this Friday. No (easy) access to EC here, though, hoping just caffeine will do.

Guess what I wanted to say was; gjdm!
    Thanks and good luck. If you need any advice feel free to post in here or send me a message.

Thanks a lot for the detailed response, I really appreciate it!

And I made some protein fluff today, after seeing it in this thread. I used ON 100% Vanilla cream Casein and frozen strawberries. I have to say, I'm shocked how incredibly satiating this stuff is. Seriously, I started eating around 20 minutes ago, so far I have eaten around 80% of it, but at 50% I already wanted to stop, because I was just so full. This is great for PSMF and cutting in general, glad to have this "tool" now.

Any advice on how to make it stay a bit colder? I let it stir for 10 minutes on the highest speed, it got really fluffy, but the temperature was not really cold. I figure it would taste much better cold. And which casein do you reccomend for taste? I just got the ON 100% Vanilla, good stuff, but I'm wondering how others are like. And which fruits/other ingredients do you recommend?
    To be honest, I don't even used casein protein. Right now I've been using Phase 8 which is a blend, but it contains both casein and whey. As far as making it cooler, I've heard of some people leaving it in the freezer for 10 minutes after they've finished. You could give that a shot. Let me know how it works because I usually eat it at room temperature as well, lol.

Originally Posted by Insilicio View Post
    Impressive cut man, I am going to do the same, hopefully look as nice as you at the end of my cut.
    Thanks man, you just have to stay motivated and you'll hit your goals in no time.

Day 125 - 5/5/14

Training:

Workout A

Squats: Warm up set: 135x1x5 Working set: 180x5x5

Flat Bench Press: Warm up set: 135x1x5/185x1x3 Working set: 200x5x4

Barbell Rows: Warm up set: 135x1x5 Working set: 150x5x5

Barbell Shrugs: Warm up set: 175x1x8 Working set: 250x3x8 (Substituted with trap bar shrugs since the power rack was taken at the time)

Chin Ups: Working set: Bodyweightx1x8/Bodyweightx1x7/Bodyweightx1x6

EZ Bar Skull crushers: Working set: 75x2x8 (Forgot to add in the 3rd set)

Cable Crunches: Warm up set: 72.5x1x10 Working set: 102.5x3x10 (Supersetted with timed Planks) (New PR)

Incline Dumbbell Curls: Warm up set: 25/25x1x8 Working set: 30/30x2x8 (Ran out of time before trying to add in the 3rd set)

Timed Planks: Working set: 1:30x1/1:00x2 (The additional set of weighted crunches really threw me off while trying to hold these for the entire 1:30 during the last two sets)

Diet:

Nutrient Details

New ****meter Personal Best

[IMG]http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e255/ZRJacques/5514****meter_zpsc04ec868.png[/IMG]

Motivational Video

Notes:

-Today's workout ended a great note, even with the extra added volume/set on each exercise.
    -Obviously my bench isn't seeming to head in the right direction, even with the increased calories but at least I was able to push out 4 reps on all of my sets.
    -Right now I'm feeling really exhausted after only getting about 5 hours of sleep last night.
    -For some reason I've been waking up at 6:00 on the dot every morning.
    -It's really affecting how I'm feeling early in the morning and throughout some of the day. I'm not feeling refreshed while getting up anymore, and it's been going on for the last few weeks at least.
    -Hopefully I'm able to somewhat catch up tonight.
    -I'll probably end up taking my melatonin sometime earlier to see if it'll allow me to increase my sleep by a few hours.
    -Hopefully it works!
    -Anyways, I'm too exhausted to write anything more.
    -Goodnight y'all

Last edited by ZRJacques; 05-07-2014 at 04:02 AM.

Day 126 - 5/6/14

Training:

Rest day

Diet:

Nutrient details

Labrada Nutrition Lean Pro 8 Hookup

Notes:

-Received a package from Labrada Nutrition for the sponsored log I'm taking part in now
    -Follow my log - The Vanilla Ice Cream Dream.
    -In case you were wondering, this is one of the best tasting proteins ever made. I'm not just saying that either, it's F*****g delicious!
    -Last night's early melatonin dose seemed to pay off big time, as my sleep quality/quantity both improved simultaneously.
    -Everything else in life was on point today.
    -Sleep here in a bit
    -Good night!

Last edited by ZRJacques; 05-07-2014 at 07:44 PM.

Originally Posted by ZRJacques View Post
    I'm not just saying that either, it's F*****g delicious
    Lol, srs.

Looks like a good session yesterday.

barbrox has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) barbrox has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) barbrox has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) barbrox has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) barbrox has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) barbrox has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) barbrox has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) barbrox has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) barbrox has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) barbrox has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) barbrox has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hella late, but in

To be honest, I don't even used casein protein. Right now I've been using Phase 8 which is a blend, but it contains both casein and whey. As far as making it cooler, I've heard of some people leaving it in the freezer for 10 minutes after they've finished. You could give that a shot. Let me know how it works because I usually eat it at room temperature as well, lol.
    I don't think I have the patience to put it in the freezer, and the bowl is probably too huge. I will try it once though and let you know. Yesterday I made it with some barely thawed fruit, and it turned out to be cooler, but it was noticeably less volume. Still tasty!

Btw, I was wondering about you're cardio. Do you have planned sessions, or do you just do it, if you feel like it? Whats your average per week? And I think you don't compensate for those burned calories, by eating more for thad day, is that right? One would think this could interfere with the goal of being in a surplus.

Lol, srs.

Looks like a good session yesterday.
    Thanks man! It ended up being one of my better sessions over the last few weeks. Hopefully with the increase in calories, I'm able to see some linear progression once again.

Originally Posted by barbrox View Post
    Hella late, but in
    Welcome!

I don't think I have the patience to put it in the freezer, and the bowl is probably too huge. I will try it once though and let you know. Yesterday I made it with some barely thawed fruit, and it turned out to be cooler, but it was noticeably less volume. Still tasty!

Btw, I was wondering about you're cardio. Do you have planned sessions, or do you just do it, if you feel like it? Whats your average per week? And I think you don't compensate for those burned calories, by eating more for thad day, is that right? One would think this could interfere with the goal of being in a surplus.
    I'm the same way after when finishing my fluff. All I want to do is dig that spoon in and get those full feels. Although, I could use my time a little more wisely and put the bowl in the freezer when cleaning up, but my bowl probably wouldn't fit either. Maybe I'll give it a shot next time. :P

As far as cardio goes, the sessions are both planned and factored into the perceived maintenance calories I'm trying to calculate/find right now. I don't eat more on days that include cardio, I just factor the activity into my projected weekly maintenance. The important thing is keeping sessions consistent. Right now I'm doing 2 days of cardio per week. Each session I'm trying to improve my 1 mile time since I'm preparing for BMT for the USAF and each session lasts about 15-20 minutes (With a 5 minute warm up/cool down).

It won't interfere with my surplus since I'm going to be finding my true maintenance and keeping the cardio consistent over the next few months. If there are any changes, I'll be able to adjust as necessary.

Day 127 - 5/7/14

Training:

Workout B

Squats: Warm up set: 135x1x5 Working set: 180x5x5

Deadlift: Warm up set: 135x1x5/225x1x3 Working set: 280x1x5

Barbell Rows: Working set: 135x5x5

Barbell Press: Warm up set: 65x1x5 Working set: 110x5x5

Close Grip Bench Press: Warm up set: 135x1x8 Working set: 170x1x7/170x1x5/170x1x7 (Some kid who was spotting me on the second set decided it was a good idea to grab the bar on my 5th rep.)

Barbell Curls: Warm up set: 40x1x8 Working set: 60x2x8 (Forgot to add in the 3rd set like Monday's A workout)

Cable Crunches: Warm up set: 72.5x1x10 Working set: 102.5x1x8/97.5x1x10 (Supersetted with timed planks) (Ran out of time before the 3rd set)

Timed Planks: 1:30x2

Cardio:

Time: 8:14 (+5:00 Warm up/5:00 Cool down)

Activity: Running- 6.9-10.0 MPH/2.0 Incline (Speed was kept constant at 6.9 throughout and then raised to 9.5-10.0 during the final two minutes.)

Diet:

Nutrient Details

Frotein - Strawberry/Banana/Vanilla

Motivational Video

Notes:

-Wasn't able to get much sleep last night, but ended up with about 5-6 hours
    -I'm going to take my melatonin here soon and knock out with intentions on getting somewhere closer to 7-8 hours tonight.
    -Alright now, today's workout was probably one of my best this year so far, even better than my last B session.
    -Even with the increased volume, my body seems to be responding well to the workload.
    -It was good idea to increase the workout alongside my increased intake, since I'll know for sure what my maintenance sits at in the next few weeks.
    -On another good note, my mile time only fell by a single second which came after a 2 hour long lifting session. I'll take that any day of the week.
    -My time should creep somewhere under an 8:00 mile sometime in the next week or two.
    -Each and every day I'm enjoying life a hell of a lot more. I'm a lot more confident in everything I do, and I'm able to hold my head up high for once in my life.
    -You know, for the longest time I would walk with my head down in shame. As if the world were beginning to forget who I was.
    -That mindset has been completely eradicated from my life all together with NO chance of ever returning.
    -Rest day tomorrow
    -Good night everyone!

-Each and every day I'm enjoying life a hell of a lot more. I'm a lot more confident in everything I do, and I'm able to hold my head up high for once in my life.
    -You know, for the longest time I would walk with my head down in shame. As if the world were beginning to forget who I was.
    -That mindset has been completely eradicated from my life all together with NO chance of ever returning.
    That's awesome, really happy for you! I can sympathize. It's incredible what changing your physique to the better and having accomplished a goal can do to you. I'm not done yet, but I'm making progress every day and I can feel the improvement in my well-being already, great feeling!

And btw, my fluff turned out terrible yesterday, very low in volume. The frozen fruit was still hard-ish, maybe that was the reason. I will try it with semi-cold fruit today, maybe that works out better.

That's awesome, really happy for you! I can sympathize. It's incredible what changing your physique to the better and having accomplished a goal can do to you. I'm not done yet, but I'm making progress every day and I can feel the improvement in my well-being already, great feeling!

And btw, my fluff turned out terrible yesterday, very low in volume. The frozen fruit was still hard-ish, maybe that was the reason. I will try it with semi-cold fruit today, maybe that works out better.

You've done an amazing job with your transormation! The goal should always be to better your self no matter what. Each and every day, with nutrition on point, and giving the gym everything you've got; you'll always be in the best shape of your life no matter what. That's a mindset people should always carry with them to the grave.

You know yesterday when I finished my mile run, even with it coming after my two hour lifting session, I sat there for about 4 or 5 minutes with a smile on my face. Peoples were probably looking at me like I was a tool, but all I could reminisce on was where my journey began. Remembering how bad I wanted to change, and what it took to get there.

That's one of the greatest feelings in the world GTO. Knowing that you've gave it your all, which is all we have to offer this world, right?

By the way, you could try to unthaw the fruit and just throw it in the fluff at the end. It shouldn't reduce the volume as much.

You've done an amazing job with your transormation! The goal should always be to better your self no matter what. Each and every day, with nutrition on point, and giving the gym everything you've got; you'll always be in the best shape of your life no matter what. That's a mindset people should always carry with them to the grave.

You know yesterday when I finished my mile run, even with it coming after my two hour lifting session, I sat there for about 4 or 5 minutes with a smile on my face. Peoples were probably looking at me like I was a tool, but all I could reminisce on was where my journey began. Remembering how bad I wanted to change, and what it took to get there.

That's one of the greatest feelings in the world GTO. Knowing that you've gave it your all, which is all we have to offer this world, right?

By the way, you could try to unthaw the fruit and just throw it in the fluff at the end. It shouldn't reduce the volume as much.
    Great stuff right here. The story about just sitting down and smiling is great, I know exactly what you mean. Looking back at your results and log in general is a great inspiration for me and many others too, you should know that. I'm so looking forward to getting things done! Only around 10kg to go, I imagine that it will be one of the most awesome feelings. I already feel good, but that will be something else I'm sure!

And thank you for the advice on the fluff, I will give it a go today!

Great stuff right here. The story about just sitting down and smiling is great, I know exactly what you mean. Looking back at your results and log in general is a great inspiration for me and many others too, you should know that. I'm so looking forward to getting things done! Only around 10kg to go, I imagine that it will be one of the most awesome feelings. I already feel good, but that will be something else I'm sure!

And thank you for the advice on the fluff, I will give it a go today!
    Stay consistent and motivated and you'll be there in no time!

Keep me posted about the fluff, it's definitely one of my go to's. Not so much as of late, but it'll stick around for a long time.

Day 128 - 5/8/14

Training:

Rest day

Diet:

Nutrient details

Proats (Protein Oatmeal) (Bananas and blueberries)

Informative video

Notes:

-Last night I only managed about 5 and half hours of sleep again.
    -As soon as I'm done logging these journals and the Bruins game is over I'm taking my melatonin and hitting the sheets.
    -Anyways, today was a pretty good day aside from the sudden drop in temperature.
    -Any time the temperate has dropped a significant amount during the last few weeks it's left me feeling really cold with goose bumps during parts of the day.
    -There's not much I can do about that except throwing some extra clothing on.
    -Whatever though, it's supposed to hit somewhere close to the high 70's low 80's this weekend for the first time this Spring.
    -My intake was on point today aside from a lower amount of sodium. It's mainly because of the unusual amount of whole food I've been consuming.
    -Hopefully my electrolyte balance is in check for tomorrow's A session.
    -Those Proats tasted so good, you guys should definitely give it a shot.
    -The Bruins overtime is about to start here soon.
    -They need to pull it together and tie this series up!

Day 129 - 5/9/14

Training:

Workout A

Squats: Warm up set: 135x1x5 Working set: 185x5x5

Flat Bench Press: Warm up set: 135x1x5/185x1x3 Working set: 200x2x5/200x3x4 (Improved a few reps this session)

Barbell Rows: Warm up set: 135x1x5 Working set: 150x5x5

Barbell Shrugs: Warm up set: 175x1x8 Working set: 255x1x8/255x1x6/245x1x7

Chin Ups: Working set: Bodyweightx1x8/Bodyweightx1x7/Bodyweightx1x6

EZ Bar Skull crushers: Working set: 75x3x8

Cable Crunches: Warm up set: 72.5x1x10 Working set: 97.5x2x10 (Supersetted with timed Planks)

Timed Planks: Working set: 1:30x2

Incline Dumbbell Curls: Warm up set: 25/25x1x8 Working set: 30/30x3x8

Diet:

Nutrient details

Informative video

Notes:

-Today's session was another great one. So far all of them were pretty good this week.
    -Although squatting felt a little harder than last session, the reset ended up paying dividends.
    -I was able to hit all 5 reps on all 5 sets with pretty good form (Aside from one or two knee cave ins) but I'll take that.
    -My intake was a little higher today due to an error tracking dat dere Peanut Butter.
    -Most of my night was spent watching Olympus Has Fallen.
    -If you guys haven't seen it yet, I suggest you do.
    -Especially if you're into action packed movies. It'll keep you on your toes throughout its entirety.
    -Rest all weekend
    -The weather is supposed to be beautiful out and I'm supposed to be getting my car looked at by a family friend.
    -My fingers are crossed on this one. Wish me luck!
    -Good night!

Last edited by ZRJacques; 05-09-2014 at 07:48 PM.

Day 130 - 5/10/14

Training:

Rest day

Diet:

Nutrient details

Blue Bunny - Banana Split Ice Cream

Notes:

-Got some decent news on my car today. A friend of the family is willing to work on it, no charge included. My radiator support needs to be replaced.
    -I'm going to try and find the best price around before spending any money.
    -Hopefully my car will be up and running sometime in the next few weeks.
    -Anyways, there wasn't all too much on the agenda today.
    -Even though it was beautiful out, I didn't plan anything. So most of the day's entirety was spent indoors.
    -On my way home, I stopped at the store and picked up some Blue Bunny ice cream. It was actually delicious!
    -The entire half gallon fit right into my macros as well.
    -Although it ended up bumping my fiber intake a good amount today, I'm sure I'll be fine here the next few days.
    -Tomorrow morning's weigh in might be influenced by my sodium intake, since it was about 3 grams higher than the past few day's average.
    -Depending on the number, I'm going to decided whether or not to bump calories up by 50-100 all next week.
    -Tomorrow I plan on taking my grandmother out to breakfast for Mother's Day.
    -Bruins won tonight to take a 3-2 series lead!
    -Good Saturday, and good night everyone.