Prismed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Beginner, need help!

G'day my name is Declan and I'm 16 years old from Sydney, Australia. I have just gotten back from living in Atlanta, Georgia for 2 years and in that time all of my mates have started gyming and have bulked up a lot. This has motivated me to want to gym myself but I don't know where to start.
    I have never been to the gym in my life and I'm pretty skinny.

Weight: 59.4Kg
    Height: 6ft

Things I need to know:

Eating program, what and how much do I need to eat on a daily basis?
    Workout program, what workout program do I need to follow? How many times do I need to gym?
    Protein shakes, when do I drink these, how many do I drink per day?
    Should I get a personal trainer?

If someone could help me out that would be great. if someones willing to design a personalised program for me I'm willing to pay.

Thank you.

JF1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JF1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JF1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JF1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JF1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JF1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JF1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JF1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JF1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JF1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JF1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Prismed View Post
    G'day my name is Declan and I'm 16 years old from Sydney, Australia. I have just gotten back from living in Atlanta, Georgia for 2 years and in that time all of my mates have started gyming and have bulked up a lot. This has motivated me to want to gym myself but I don't know where to start.

Things I need to know:

Workout program, what workout program do I need to follow? How many times do I need to gym?

If someone could help me out that would be great. if someones willing to design a personalised program for me I'm willing to pay.

Thank you.
    I can tell you that as far as routine, you need to be doing compound lifts 3 days a week and staying in the 4-6 rep range. For example, M/W/F do squats, bench/shoulder press, pull ups/chin ups, heavy rows, dead lifts, etc. You need to build your strength base up and gain some weight. As far as diet, I am not the greatest in the world to give advice. You do need to find out how many calories you are consuming right now, and add about 500-700 more than that. Also aim for around 150 grams of protein at this point. Good luck man.

Prismed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by JF1988 View Post
    I can tell you that as far as routine, you need to be doing compound lifts 3 days a week and staying in the 4-6 rep range. For example, M/W/F do squats, bench/shoulder press, pull ups/chin ups, heavy rows, dead lifts, etc. You need to build your strength base up and gain some weight. As far as diet, I am not the greatest in the world to give advice. You do need to find out how many calories you are consuming right now, and add about 500-700 more than that. Also aim for around 150 grams of protein at this point. Good luck man.
    Thank you for the advice man I really appreciate it! I need as much help as I can get.

JF1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JF1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JF1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JF1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JF1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JF1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JF1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JF1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JF1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JF1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JF1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thank you for the advice man I really appreciate it! I need as much help as I can get.
    No problem man, that is why I joined this forum.

VanillaBearB is a name known to all. (+5000) VanillaBearB is a name known to all. (+5000) VanillaBearB is a name known to all. (+5000) VanillaBearB is a name known to all. (+5000) VanillaBearB is a name known to all. (+5000) VanillaBearB is a name known to all. (+5000) VanillaBearB is a name known to all. (+5000) VanillaBearB is a name known to all. (+5000) VanillaBearB is a name known to all. (+5000) VanillaBearB is a name known to all. (+5000) VanillaBearB is a name known to all. (+5000)

Things I need to know:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=156380183
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=159678631
    Protein shakes are only useful for helping you hit your macronutrient needs. If you are struggling to get in enough protein then you can add some whey protein to your diet. I personally take 2 scoops daily after my workout but timing is not particularly important.
    No, you should not. Start out light with your weights, video yourself squatting (most likely lift for you to have problems with) and put them up on youtube. Link them in the Fierce 5 novice thread I put above and someone will help
    You do not need a personalised program, you are exactly the same as everyone else. You also do not need to pay, the above routine is a great routine for someone in your situation.

Thank you.
    You're welcome.
    Answers in bold.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165717061