jas594 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jas594 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jas594 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jas594 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jas594 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jas594 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jas594 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jas594 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jas594 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jas594 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jas594 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

NEW Cellucor Alpha Amino Review w/pics!

CELLUCORALPHAAMINO!

First I want to give a big thanks to Cellucor and the reps that gave me a shot at being a tester

Overview: Alpha Amino certainly packs a punch on multiple levels. Besides containing BCAA's, they also included a hydration complex and amino complex. A standout in the BCAA matrix is of course the leucine nitrates. We know cellucor has been a fan of using nitrates and now they bring it to an amino acid product. With 5g of BCAA's, 2.5g of various amino acids, and a 2.5g hydration formula, alpha amino isn't just a simple standard amino product.

Ingredient profile (9/10): The abundant amount of amino's in the alpha-amino complex and the leucine nitrates give this a solid profile. The hydration formula is really an added bonus with micronized taurine being the first ingredient and a great one at that. I took off 1 point because although 5g of BCAA's is good, I would like to have seen atleast 8g at the minimum. The BCAA's are all micronized making them easier to be absorbed quicker which is definitely a plus though.

Mixability (9/10): The directions call for 8-10 ounces of water if I recall which is a smaller amount than I normally use with BCAA products. I started with 12 ounces which left some small dots of powder floating around as you can see in the watermelon. These dots really didn't effect taste nor were bothersome. With the lemon-lime I used about 15 ounces of water which as you can see works better. Overall mixability is great but you just need to use 14-16 ounces of water. This doesn't dilute the taste don't worry.

Taste (10/10): Everyone knows cellucor is known for amazing taste in their products and alpha amino didn't disappoint either. The watermelon was literally like a watermelon jolly rancher and the lemon-lime was nice and not overpowering. Just like the taste of c4, alpha amino hits the nail on the head.

Effectiveness (9/10): Ahh what everyone is waiting for... I specifically used my 2 samples on the days I normally get the most sore from. This was chest day and shoulder day and I used them intra-workout. I would be curious as to how it would feel as a pre-workout. For chest I was working with heavy weight and normally burn out quicker than I was. There was some extra endurance for sure. I'm not gonna lie and say I had no soreness the next day..cause I did... but it was definitely not as bad as it normally is. For shoulders, I completely smashed them with dropsets and supersets and my endurance was really high in this workout. I was expecting to be very very sore the next day and surprisingly when I woke up, there was very minor DOMS. Of course I can't directly attribute this to alpha amino, but I can tell you that it definitely had to help because I normally would be a lot more sore... As far as pump and focus go, I wasn't expecting too much because although the leucine nitrates help with the pump, this really isn't a pump/stimulant product. I had a good pump in both workouts but nothing more than I would of had without the alpha amino.

Value (8/10): At $1 serving, I have to say it is a tad high compared to other BCAA products. Somewhere more in the 75 cent/serving range may not seem like a lot but adds up. Yes, alpha-amino is a solid product and you definitely all should give it a shot, but I think cellucor may want to consider how many people take cost into consideration and how many options consumers have to choose from. You need to stand out on both sides of the fence..product effectiveness and PRICE.

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE OPPORTUNITY CELLUCOR

Last edited by jas594; 12-27-2013 at 02:00 PM.
    Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

| Temple Univ. 16' |

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Very week detailed and honest review saw it on the other site too buddy
    I personally would state to use them pre-workout as bcaa products are more effective pre-workout and EAA's are more effective intra-workout plus you get the nitrates to settle into your system and hydration complex to be present before training and get the full effects of the product.
    Thanks again
    Last edited by The Solution; 12-27-2013 at 06:34 PM.

jas594 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jas594 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jas594 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jas594 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jas594 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jas594 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jas594 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jas594 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jas594 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jas594 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jas594 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Very week detailed and honest review saw it on the other site too buddy
    I personally would state to use them pre-workout as bcaa products are more effective pre-workout and EAA's are more effective intra-workout plus you get the nitrates to settle into your system and hydration complex to be present before training and get the full effects of the product.
    Thanks again
    Do you have any studies or evidence to suggest this is true? I understand that nitrates would be more effective as a preworkout, but amino acids in general could be taken pre, intra, or both. Prove me if im wrong, but is there any clear studies that show aminos were more effective preworkout as opposed to intra-workout?
    Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

| Temple Univ. 16' |

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jas594 View Post
    Do you have any studies or evidence to suggest this is true? I understand that nitrates would be more effective as a preworkout, but amino acids in general could be taken pre, intra, or both. Prove me if im wrong, but is there any clear studies that show aminos were more effective preworkout as opposed to intra-workout?
    Right here:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=134429811

but EAAs may impart some endurance-like effects that BCAAs simply cannot.

http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/94/3/809.long

For those wondering why we picked the EAAs that we did, we chose based off this study. Why? This is the only study done in trained humans consuming EAAs during the workout. These are legit, military-trained personnel doing both resistance and endurance work.

The findings?

"In summary, consumption of a 10-g dose of EAA enriched with leucine during moderate endurance-type exercise stimulated increased MPS when compared with an isonitrogenous EAA supplement with an amino acid profile consistent with high-quality proteins. These data indicate that increasing leucine availability during steady state exercise promotes skeletal muscle protein anabolism and spares endogenous protein."

Cliffs:

These EAAs increased postworkout MPS by 33% when consumed during exercise
    The drink with the highest leucine content spared muscle to the greatest degree