lepollock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bulking and Eating Disorders

Does anyone else struggle to break through and go into the clean bulking cycle? I struggled with an eating disorder, bulimia, during my teenage years and have successfully overcome it for about 7 years now. However it is difficult to get on board with the bulking cycle with the lingering feelings and thoughts that eating disorder s leave behind, and thinking to myself that I'm purposely gaining weight. I know that it is what must be do to get to where I want to be.
    Also difficult when surrounded by unhealthy societal standards and idealations of women's physique, not to mention women in general who strive to be skinny.
    I strive towards my goal to be strong, muscular, and healthy, but it is a daily struggle to keep on that path versus going more mainstream.

I am just finishing up my first month of bulking. I did the same thing last year but wasn't able to go any longer. My goal this year is to bulk until April.

If anyone has had any similar experiences please comment and support!

SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000)
    While I've recovered from the ED, after the initial freak out of gaining so much weight, it just hasn't been an issue for me. During the initial freakout time period, I tried to focus on what my body could do and was doing for me and not what it looked like. My ED was more anxiety/PTSD related so I'm sure that makes a huge difference.
    Me vs. Me: Lifting with UCTD: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170084343