traineeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) traineeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) traineeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) traineeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) traineeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) traineeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) traineeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) traineeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) traineeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) traineeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) traineeh is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Simply Shredded Article

Hi all,

What do you girls think of this routine for my girlfriend?
    http://www.simplyshredded.com/the-ul...ing-guide.html

It is 4 days a week (which is good because my routine is 4 days a week) and it works both upper and lower body.

She is a beginner to the gym, so I'll replace a few exercises with machines/smith machine until she gets her strength up for free weights.
    Thanks!

Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The work out plan is great. Disregard the supp pushing and just have her follow the program.

She should be using DB's and bars, no smith or machines. If she's not strong enough for the bar have her use DB's

traineeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) traineeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) traineeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) traineeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) traineeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) traineeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) traineeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) traineeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) traineeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) traineeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) traineeh is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks for the reply.

For squatting she has a bit of trouble balancing the bar on her back and isn't very confident yet. I've had her do the leg press machine for now, what do you recommennd?

Also the leg curl machine hurts her right knee for some reason, any other suggestions?

Thanks and happy holidays!

sfalexi will become famous soon enough. (+50) sfalexi will become famous soon enough. (+50) sfalexi will become famous soon enough. (+50) sfalexi will become famous soon enough. (+50) sfalexi will become famous soon enough. (+50) sfalexi will become famous soon enough. (+50) sfalexi will become famous soon enough. (+50) sfalexi will become famous soon enough. (+50) sfalexi will become famous soon enough. (+50) sfalexi will become famous soon enough. (+50) sfalexi will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by traineeh View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

For squatting she has a bit of trouble balancing the bar on her back and isn't very confident yet. I've had her do the leg press machine for now, what do you recommennd?

Also the leg curl machine hurts her right knee for some reason, any other suggestions?

Thanks and happy holidays!
    For leg curl machine, there are usually a variety of styles at the gym. I've seen one where you sit and your knee is pressed against a bar and you curl downwards (towards the floor). I've seen where you lay down and your body is supported by a pad and you curl upwards (towards the ceiling). I've seen where you stand and place one knee at a time and curl backwards (towards wall behind you). I'd check EACH of those machines to see if any of them is better than the other comfort-wise.

Also, consider doing one legged curls (any machine, just one leg at a time). MAYBE it's something weird with form and too much of the weight is being used on one leg which is overcompensating for the other.

Take a look at bodybuilding.com's ginormous list of exercises and pick a hamstring exercise that doesn't hurt her knee. If you ever find a workout that some exercise doesn't quite work for you, find something to replace it with that does.

As for the squatting, have her work on squatting each time with just the bar or even just bodyweight. That'll help develop the sense of balance and form. Watch some vids on youtube (TONS of "how to squat" videos), and they almost all have exercises to help you develop good form before you start putting weight on the bars.

Alexi
    1) Eat right
    2) Train hard
    3) Repeat

Army Strong

Personal Records:
    Squat: 402.5 x 1 (9 Jan 16)
    Deadlift: 485x1 (9 Jan 16)
    Bench: 286.5x1 (9 Jan 16)

nycag04 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nycag04 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nycag04 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nycag04 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nycag04 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nycag04 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nycag04 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nycag04 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nycag04 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nycag04 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nycag04 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'm doing this right now - about 6 weeks in - and am loving it.

Hi,

so it has been a couple weeks since she has been on it. She finds it pretty complicated doing 4 completely different days.. she literally is a noobie when it comes to the gym and she wants something that is also 4x a week but same lower and same upper body workouts, so I made her something like this;

UPPER BODY (done on Mondays and Thursdays - tried to incorporate 2 push and 2 pull movements, then arms)

Bench Press 3x10
    Cable Rows 3x10
    Military Press 3x10
    Lat Pull Downs 3x10
    Bicep curls 3x10
    Triceps pushdowns 3x10

LOWER BODY (to be done Tuesdays and Fridays)

Squat 3x10
    Stiff Leg Dead Lift 3x10
    Leg Press 3x10
    Leg Extensions 3x10
    Calf Raises 3x10
    Abs

When she can hit the 10 reps on 2 reoccuring workouts then she increases weight (for example, if she squats 3x10 on tuesday and repeats it on Friday then the following tuesday she increases by 10lbs)

What do you guys/gals think? A simple enough routine to get her started. She just wants to tone up all over.. no aspirations of becoming a bodybuilder (just yet! :P)

Thanks!