MartinRoberts will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartinRoberts will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartinRoberts will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartinRoberts will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartinRoberts will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartinRoberts will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartinRoberts will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartinRoberts will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartinRoberts will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartinRoberts will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartinRoberts will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Best overall compact workout?

Due to failing health I am unable to really push myself any more, I've been worsening gradually for a long time but I'm hoping the reason things are worse than usual at the moment is down to 'winter blues' but after my cardio yesterday I've become quite concerned.

I ran at 10km/h for about twelve minutes (I usually go at this speed for half an hour when doing my 'low intensity' cardio) and very shortly after stepping off the treadmill I measured my heart-rate at 215-220bpm. For a guy my age the theoretical maximum heart rate is around 200bpm, if I were a seasoned cardio athlete I wouldn't consider the number an issue but because of the low intensity running causing such an effort on my heart I'm thinking there may be reason to worry.

So I've decided that (at least for the time being) my cardio will be no more than walking, the problem is what am I supposed to do with regards to weights? I have some plates, a bar, bench and rack for home workouts but as my health has failed so have my lifts and motivation and I become exhausted andf anxiety-filled within moments of exercising. As it stands I can barey lift 50% of my 1RM deadlift for five reps.

The reason for the above is to help give a little perspective on what I'm actually looking for. I want to know what other's opinions are on what I can do to maintain without over-stressing my body, right now my only goal is to maintain until I'm over this hurdle (if I ever do overcome it). I usually do an upper/lower split focusing on the main compound lifts (on/rest/on/rest/on/on/rest) but I'm now trying to figure out what would suit my body best. I'm thinking that if I keep with the major compounds albeit lighter weights and adding to that would be a good start, possibly minor compounds to work multiple muscle groups in one move so I can fit more work into a smaller time window?

Does anyone have any thoughts on this or and programmes/routines they can suggest I look into?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.
    www.youtube.com/themadmantraining
    bodybuilding video channel
    www.fb.com/themadmandiaries
    bodybuilding page

PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Have you...seen a doctor?

I don't think anyone wants to tell you to work out at all if you might have a serious physical medical condition.

MartinRoberts will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartinRoberts will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartinRoberts will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartinRoberts will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartinRoberts will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartinRoberts will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartinRoberts will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartinRoberts will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartinRoberts will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartinRoberts will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartinRoberts will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by PaulRivers View Post
    Have you...seen a doctor?

I don't think anyone wants to tell you to work out at all if you might have a serious physical medical condition.
    Basically I'm either Subject Zero or I have nohting actually wrong with me. I've had multiple blood tests, scanns, routine health checks yet nothing has shown anything that could be a cause. I called the emergency services out a couple of weeks back because of chest pain and they said a lung sounded 'shallow' but further checks showed nothing wrong.

If I do get any advice here that I follow and end up dropping dead I accept full responsibility if that helps?
    www.youtube.com/themadmantraining
    bodybuilding video channel
    www.fb.com/themadmandiaries
    bodybuilding page

jasonv will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasonv will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasonv will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasonv will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasonv will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasonv will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasonv will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasonv will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasonv will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasonv will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasonv will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by MartinRoberts View Post
    Basically I'm either Subject Zero or I have nohting actually wrong with me. I've had multiple blood tests, scanns, routine health checks yet nothing has shown anything that could be a cause. I called the emergency services out a couple of weeks back because of chest pain and they said a lung sounded 'shallow' but further checks showed nothing wrong.

If I do get any advice here that I follow and end up dropping dead I accept full responsibility if that helps?
    (1)
    See a naturopath.

(2)
    You have to do your own research and own your condition. I don't think others can responsibly step into your question as you've stated it.