wku-n-bg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

new to the forum

I wanted to post a pic to get constructive criticism from guys that are serious about fitness and training.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by wku-n-bg; 08-19-2003 at 12:12 PM.

bobo_007 is just really nice. (+1000) bobo_007 is just really nice. (+1000) bobo_007 is just really nice. (+1000) bobo_007 is just really nice. (+1000) bobo_007 is just really nice. (+1000) bobo_007 is just really nice. (+1000) bobo_007 is just really nice. (+1000) bobo_007 is just really nice. (+1000) bobo_007 is just really nice. (+1000) bobo_007 is just really nice. (+1000) bobo_007 is just really nice. (+1000)

well

well.......

good arms, shoulders

average traps

i think ur chest needs a lot more work, ur arms dominant ur chest, no proportion

and i cant see ur legs

and i dont know if ur bulking/cutting/maintaining so i wont comment on ur abs, but there pretty good
    Now All We Need Is A little Energon And A Lot of Luck

More Than You Imagine Optimus Prime.......

Agile, Mobile and Hostile MYNAMEIZGREG's Avatar
    MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Re: new to the forum

Originally posted by wku-n-bg
    I wanted to post a pic to get constructive criticism from guys that are serious about fitness and training.
    Wecome aboard .

Firstly, I will say that you're looking pretty good. Let that be known. However, you are asking for constructive criticism, so that is what I will give you.

Your arms are nice, but they dominate your upper torso too much. Your delts look good as well. Your weak/lagging points seem to be your chest and traps.

Got any back or leg shots? Keep up the good work .
    Making it my job to educate the younguns...
    --------------------------
    You didn't come here to make the choice. You've already made it. You're here to try to understand why you made it.

Thanks for the honesty. I definitely need to work more on chest..I am sorta plateaued right now and I would appreciate some advice on chest...I do feel fairly weak on chest especially the outer part and and trying to get a more squared look...also I have really good core strength and legs as well. But my upper needs work.
    My max on squats unassisted is 315 for 2 reps...I don't feel safe without a spot trying anymore yet.\
    I also weigh 171 and am approx 10% b/f. and thanks for the POSITIVE criticism and not flaming...cause I have seen how hateful some guys can get in here.

LIFTA fa LIFE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you look very good, if you could add a little to ur chest you'd look great.
    -Anything worth having is worth sacrificing for

-The brave don't live for ever but the cowardly never really live

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just took some pics of the rest of my body, ie: legs back and flexed pics. I will post them later today.

I have some older grainy photos..
    Attached Images

another
    Attached Images

and yet another bad pic
    Attached Images

MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Thanks for the honesty. I definitely need to work more on chest..I am sorta plateaued right now and I would appreciate some advice on chest...I do feel fairly weak on chest especially the outer part and and trying to get a more squared look...also I have really good core strength and legs as well. But my upper needs work.
    My max on squats unassisted is 315 for 2 reps...I don't feel safe without a spot trying anymore yet.\
    I also weigh 171 and am approx 10% b/f. and thanks for the POSITIVE criticism and not flaming...cause I have seen how hateful some guys can get in here.
    What is your routine for chest? Have you tried switching it up?
    You didn't come here to make the choice. You've already made it. You're here to try to understand why you made it.

I do mix it up. But for some reason I just can't seem to go any heavier. I mix it up between this.

3 to 4 sets each of : incline dumbell press, dumbell bench and dips. I warm up of course with a few sets of regular bench with dumbells and flyes. My right side is lagging probably b/c of an overdevelopment of my right shoulder from playing tennis for several years before lifting weights. I can't seem to go heavy for example I normally only lift with weights rangeing from 45 to 55 lbs. My diet is fairly clean. I probably should eat more complex carbs and I also run quite often up to 15 to 20 miles a week to stay lean.

I do mix it up. But for some reason I just can't seem to go any heavier. I mix it up between this.

3 to 4 sets each of : incline dumbell press, dumbell bench and dips. I warm up of course with a few sets of regular bench with dumbells and flyes. My right side is lagging probably b/c of an overdevelopment of my right shoulder from playing tennis for several years before lifting weights. I can't seem to go heavy for example I normally only lift with weights rangeing from 45 to 55 lbs. My diet is fairly clean. I probably should eat more complex carbs and I also run quite often up to 15 to 20 miles a week to stay lean.
    If you do 3/4 sets of include DB, flat DB, and dips in that order, why don't you mix it up with this?:

3/4 Sets Flat BB Bench
    3/4 Sets Incline DB Bench
    2/3 Sets of Decline DB Bench

If nothing else, this will give you a new chest routine. However, it may also break you through your plateau, because you are changing the order of the exercises as well as substituting two.

I believe the reason you are not gaining muscle is due to your diet and the amount of cardio you are performing. I would eat about 500 calories above your maintanence level, and only do cardio 1 or 2 times a week for about 20 minutes. Combine this and switch up your chest routine, and I can assure that you will burst through your plateau.

Stay Puft has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stay Puft has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stay Puft has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stay Puft has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stay Puft has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stay Puft has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stay Puft has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stay Puft has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stay Puft has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stay Puft has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stay Puft has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hey man, welcome.

Arms and shoulders are damn solid. If I were to pick out an anomaly it would be pecs.
    Otherwise, keep up good work.
    Avant Research R&D/Rep
    Add Avant Labs to your mySpace!
    www.myspace.com/AvantLabs

Thanks guys for all the positive feedback....I have been looking at this sight for months and I am glad I decide to join up and get into the message boards.

LiftNeat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftNeat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftNeat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftNeat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftNeat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftNeat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftNeat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftNeat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftNeat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftNeat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftNeat has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    hey man looking good but have to agree with everyone about your chest, btw how old are you and what are your measurements?

I am 25 and I am not sure of my measurements on chest and legs but my arms are 15.5 in. I will measure and post later

glorianfitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) glorianfitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) glorianfitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) glorianfitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) glorianfitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) glorianfitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) glorianfitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) glorianfitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) glorianfitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) glorianfitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) glorianfitness will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Re: Re: new to the forum

Originally posted by MYNAMEIZGREG
    Wecome aboard .

Firstly, I will say that you're looking pretty good. Let that be known. However, you are asking for constructive criticism, so that is what I will give you.

Your arms are nice, but they dominate your upper torso too much. Your delts look good as well. Your weak/lagging points seem to be your chest and traps.

Got any back or leg shots? Keep up the good work .
    I agree with this. You do look very nice though. So keep working hard.

Gloria
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. -Philippians 4:13

Failure is only a verb, it's not who you are.

Pain is weakness leaving the body.

nateakabear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    When was the last time you took a week off of lifting?
    That sometime helps me when I have been lifting consistently for a few months.

Thanks again guys for all of the advice. Sometimes it really can be a motivator to hear from other guys who can see oppourtunties for improvement. Really makes you wanna get in the gym and hit your lagging parts and push hard. Because why would you go through all of this hard work to come out with nothing.