Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

My journey to success!!!

Hi everyone, I have been lurking (I hate this word it sounds wrong lol) in this section for a while and I like to read everyone journals!

I have decided to create my own journal here, I have been keeping one in another section for around 2 years, but no one comments on it! So figured it would be better to have one here where there seems to be some support!!

I have been lifting weights for around 5-6 years, I currently weigh around 160lbs and I would like to aim for 145-150lbs , I have been as low as 135lbs but I find that very hard to maintain it’s a battle!!

I have put on some muscle but along with that I have added fat, I am not fat or obese but I am not in denial I need to lose some Fat. Profile Pic is from my wedding in October .

I have created my nutrition plan which will be 2529cals 175g protein (28%) 331g carbs- A lot of Broccoli (52%) 56g fats (30%) I track my food on Myfitness pal, the plan is to eat like this from Boxing Day for until the end of January 31st 2014. I plan after this to slowly reduce cals every week.

Lifting plan is to go for 10-12 reps I love lifting heavy but I have hurt my right shoulders so lifting lighter right now Is not aggravating my shoulder.

I plan to have a treat every 3 weeks, usually a meal out with my husband and a dessert. I have this date planned and know when a treat is happening.

I will post some photos on Boxing Day I will hate doing it but I have to take photo every week to keep on track , I will also weigh myself on boxing day and then every week keeping a track of the numbers.
    Comments welcome!
    Train hard and Think Big

I am a relentless Mass Machine

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.

Eleanor Roosevelt

pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Today was a planned rest day spent all day so far In bed woke up with a migraine , been dosed up on migraleve , not eaten anything yet been sick a few times usually takes me a day or 2 to get back to 100%.
    Train hard and Think Big

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.

Eleanor Roosevelt

lin119 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good luck!
    Sorry to hear about your migraine, hope you are resting well and drinking plenty of water.

Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Subbed!

Oh girl, I feel your pain. I get horrible migraines, I've had 2 in the last week.

Good luck on your fitness journey!

The migraine finally went, but i was awake all night from sleeping till 3pm in the day ....meh. At work today until 1pm then off until next monday.

I had split pea soup for breakfast and a ginger vegan muffin, really did not fancy my green smoothie my appetite goes weird for a few days after a migraine! No gym probably until boxing day now i feel whacked !!

I will take photos on Boxing day probably they will be at their worse after xmas, also entered the 100k transformation challenge
    Train hard and Think Big

Eleanor Roosevelt

Originally Posted by Cara0915 View Post
    Subbed!

Oh girl, I feel your pain. I get horrible migraines, I've had 2 in the last week.

Good luck on your fitness journey!
    Man 2 in a week i have been there but not for a long time!! Feel for you!
    Train hard and Think Big

Eleanor Roosevelt

Originally Posted by lin119 View Post
    Good luck!
    Sorry to hear about your migraine, hope you are resting well and drinking plenty of water.
    Yes trying today to get water in me as yesterday after being sick i was so dehydrated !! Onwards and upwards!
    Train hard and Think Big

Eleanor Roosevelt

Xmas over

Yesterday we had a fantastic day at the four seasons Vancouver for Xmas lunch they made us100% vegan meal I will upload photos later once I am on my PC .

Today clean eating I have no junk in the house anyways will probably hit the gym later as the Hubby's in work

Hope everyone had a great day
    Train hard and Think Big

Eleanor Roosevelt

Chest and Triceps

Hit the gym at 1pm today, i thought it would be busier but was pretty quiet

I did a 5 min warm up the x trainer

Wide push ups 3x12
    Hammer strength Chest Press 30x13 x3 sets
    Cable Flyes 3x12 on kinesis
    Narrow push ups 3x12
    Overhead DB ext 25x12x3 sets
    Tricep Pushdowns 30x12 x3sets

Workout took 38 minutes i always wear my hear rate monitor so that told me i burnt 308 cals.

Spent around 15-15 minutes foam rolling stretching and trying to release this know in my traps.

100% clean eating today!!!

I may not of mentioned this previously I am vegan , yesterday we went to the four seasons hotel in Vancouver for xmas lunch they made a full vegan menu just for us 2, me and the hubby were over the moon pic below

It was exceptional
    Train hard and Think Big

Eleanor Roosevelt

back and biceps

Stepped on the scales to check the damage 168.8lbs , meh !!! I reckon I will be down to the low 160s in a few days , not feeling 100% today my husband kept me awake on and off with his cough/cold he has , feeling like I am getting it too. Dosing up on vit c !!

The gym session was pretty good tbh did not want to go during lunch time but the rush soon died off .

Wide lat pull down 3x12 70lbs
    1arm DB rows 3x12 30lbs
    Seated cable rows 3x12 70lbs
    Underhand pulldowns 3x12 70lbs
    1arm preacher curls 3x12 15lbs
    Cable curls 3x12 20lbs
    Narrow curls barbell 3x12 40lbs

Calories burnt 400 and the session took me 48minutes. Tomorrow is legs !!
    call K
    2meals left for the day , early night tonight
    Train hard and Think Big

Eleanor Roosevelt

Will be off to the gym soon to hit legs i usually go first thing but the restaurant across the road from our apartment has weddings every week last night so noisy until 2am, i wanted to go out and give them a crack, special day or not!!

Green Smoothie, the costco run, and sweet potato , tofu an brocolli!
    Train hard and Think Big

Eleanor Roosevelt

Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000)
    Welcome to this part of the boards

Don't you love Costco - the amount of brocoli, brussel sprouts and avacados I eat justifies the membership all by themselves

fellow Canadian (though a 4/5 hour flight from you)

CC
    “Toughness is in the soul and spirit, not in muscles.” Alex Karras

Follow me on IG: @Cardioconvert

Originally Posted by Cardioconvert View Post
    Welcome to this part of the boards

Don't you love Costco - the amount of brocoli, brussel sprouts and avacados I eat justifies the membership all by themselves

fellow Canadian (though a 4/5 hour flight from you)

CC
    Yes I love Costco even for a walk round when I'm bored!!

I am an adopted Canadian I am English but just got my residency for Canada lived here in Vancouver for 2 years, I'm sorry to say not been anywhere else in Canada yet so welcome to suggestions on great places to visit in Canada.!!

We love it here!!
    Train hard and Think Big

Eleanor Roosevelt

I went to the gym at 2pm to do legs, it was sooo busy i thought it would be quiet.

Had to switch a few things up as it was so busy, squat rack and smith machine forget it

Leg extension 85x12 3 sets
    leg curls 100x12 3 sets
    Leg press 145x12 3 sets
    Plie squats with kettlebell 3x12
    Seated calf 100/12 50/25 50/25
    Standing calf press 90 x12 3 sets

not a bad workout but it annoys me having to change stuff up!!
    Train hard and Think Big

Eleanor Roosevelt

Today i did shoulders, weights as somewhat pathetic recently hurt my shoulder no idea how but somewhat limits my lifts.

DB press 10/25 x 3sets ( 10lbs noooooo usually do 30lbs)
    Front raise 10x12 x 3 sets
    Cable lateral raises 7.5x12 3 sets
    Rear Delts 40x12 3 sets
    Ball crunches (Abs) 3 sets
    Ball tucks 3 sets
    Bosu knee cross 3 sets

It was a good workout Heart Rate monitor said 388 cals burnt

I got up a bit later today, i have a bad cough and sore throat don't feel ill more of an annoyance.

I weight myself lost 1.4lbs of xmas weight only ????? to go lol
    Train hard and Think Big

Eleanor Roosevelt

Yesterday

Back and biceps all 3 sets

Lat pulldowns 75x12
    Wide pulldowns 77.5 x12
    Narrow cable rows 85x12
    Hypertext 3x12
    Barbell curls 20x12 on z bar
    Incline db curls 15x12
    Apt hammer curls 17.5x12

Today was legs

Leg ext 90x10
    Squats 50x10
    Walking barbell lunge 30x10
    Single leg barbeell deadlift 3x10
    Leg curls 105x10
    Seated calf 90x10
    Standing 90x10

Both great workouts , but weighed myself today lost 1.4 lbs since Xmas day, usually I lose about 5lbs in the first day or two in water weight , got to keep pushing for consistency .
    Eaten on point since boxing day , tonight no party just cinema to watch the wolf of wall street may buy some kernels and make my own popcorn to take .
    Train hard and Think Big

Eleanor Roosevelt

Hit the gym at 7am , no hangover for me!! we went to watch the wolf of wall street last night, really good film . Long though it was 3 hours!

Shoulder still bothering me so had to do hammer strength press again 35/12 3 sets
    Push ups 3x12 (slow and controlled)
    Cable flyes 7.5x12 3 sets
    Narrow push ups 3x12
    1 arm tricep pushdown 7.5x12 3 sets
    Overhead tricep DB 27.5x12 3sets
    Lying Triceps 15x12 3 sets
    Bench Dips 3x12

298 cals burnt, i was p!ssed going into the session i got to the gym and they had stopped my direct payments for my membership for some stupid reason. so was annoyed i hadto spend some time before getting into the gym sorting that out.

Weighed in today at 167.5lbs, and took photos i will be taking weekly photos again not done this in a while.
    Train hard and Think Big

Eleanor Roosevelt

Today was a rest day but i hit a spin class tonight, as I am a personal Trainer but i want to get my Group instructor certification and spin, so i will be going to a class every week, to help me research and understand classes more.

Today was a pretty good day, accomplished what i set out to do, also did something i have been procrastinating on, that felt good to get that done!!

Plan for tomorrow

Gym at 5.30am
    Work 9-5pm
    Cal hairdressers I have a 'Fro
    Read before bed again, helps me doze off
    Foam roll at home
    Train hard and Think Big

Eleanor Roosevelt

Shoudlers

Today was Shoulders

Still taking it easy due to the nagging pain

DB Press 12.5/25 x 3
    Arnold Press 15/15 x3
    CAble lateral raises 10/10 x3
    Rear delt cable 5/10x3
    DB rear 17.5/10 x3
    Front delt Raises 12.5/10

Ball crunches 3x15
    Bicycles 3x15
    Dynamic plank on bosu 3x10

Prett good workout tomorrow is LEGS!!!!!!

Busy day at work, 5 th meal was late but i wasnt too hungry so i waited until i got home after work!!

Tomorrow

Gym
    Laundry
    Costco run ... again
    read more of my book
    Hairdressers- its not urgent but should of done it today
    Train hard and Think Big

Eleanor Roosevelt

SO i weighed myself today.. down to 165.5lbs. Feeling much better this week. Feeling like i want to hit the gym all the time I love this feeling!!

Tonight i had to talk myself out of going to the gym to do arms already done legs today, just got that bite!!

Leg ext 3x10
    Wide barbell squats 3x10
    Leg press 3x10
    Walking Barbell lunges 3x10 Both legs
    Leg curls 3x10
    1 leg deadlifts 3x10 both legs ( Hate these)!!
    Seated Calf 3x10
    Standing Calf 3x10

I also did some glute kickbacks on the cable 3x15 both legs, heart rate monitor show 543 cals burnt.

Great day today- got lots done emailed some apartments for viewings next week, need to save more money to buy a place so downsizing from 1 bed to studio (maybe) will go check some places out
    Train hard and Think Big

Eleanor Roosevelt

A Poem From Napoleon Hill

If you think you are beaten, you are
    If you think you dare not, you don’t.
    If you’d like to win, but think you can’t
    It’s almost a certain you won’t.

If you think you’ll lose, you’ve lost.
    For out in the world we find
    Success begins with a fellow’s will:
    It’s all in his state of mind
    If you think you’re outclassed, you are
    You’ve got to think high to rise,
    You’ve got to be sure of yourself before
    You’ll ever win that prize.
    Life’s battles don’t always go
    To the stronger or faster man,
    But sooner or later the man who wins
    Is the one who thinks he can.
    Train hard and Think Big

Eleanor Roosevelt

Today is a rest day!!

Yesterday i did back and biceps

Precor lat pulldown 3x10
    Wide lat pulldowns 3x10
    Bent over rows 3x10
    Narrow seated row 3x10
    Hyper ext 3x10
    Barbell curls 3x10
    Alt Db 3x10
    Hammer curls 3x10

Really good workout yesterday, and the gym was relatively quiet considering its new year!

Plans for today

costco
    buy my sister a present for her birthday
    read
    finish vision board
    Train hard and Think Big

Eleanor Roosevelt

Wednesday night i went to the chiro for the first time in nearly a year, felt great to be adjusted!!

Thursday was a rest day

Today was chest and triceps, shoulder still bothering me chiro said massage therapy will help so will be planning on one next week.

Tomorrow is legs but will do it downstairs at my apartment gym as my gym doe not open til 7am and i have to be at work early tomorrow.

Just a quick update as I have finished late tonight
    Train hard and Think Big

Eleanor Roosevelt

Busy!!

Not posted for a few days it has been a super busy last few days with work etc.

Saturday i did legs at my home gym due to an early start on Saturday morning at work, Sunday i did shoulders but light rehab work.

Monday was back and Cardio, feeling grumpy today think i am tired ready to eat everything in sight!! Stayed on tracked just had extra veggies!!

Will post a more details update tomorrow

got to upload pics for the 100 k challenge
    Train hard and Think Big

Eleanor Roosevelt

Food

Yesterday was a rest day gave me time to catch up on some house stuff and grocery shopping! Got a nice udner armour vest from sports chek for $12 absolute bargain!!

I pretty much always use my fitness pal to add up food etc, but i really do feel sometimes its not accuarte so i did the old fashioned way and used pen and paper, using the labels off the food i eat. WOW!!

I had my fitness pal at 2300 cals per day . Pen and paper at 2900 lol. some difference!! Next week i will cut 150 cals from my total and 100 cals every week roughly for 6 weeks and take it from there.
    Train hard and Think Big

Eleanor Roosevelt

Legs

Supersets

Leg curl & leg ext
    DB lunges & abductors
    Glute Bridges & adductors

Drop set leg press

1 leg squats

Seated & standing Calf press

No cardio today!

Some vegan Treats, got to wait until jan 31st to sample
    Train hard and Think Big

Eleanor Roosevelt

http://myvega.com/vega-testimonials/...ased-proteins/

very cool i am on the Vega website!!
    Train hard and Think Big

Eleanor Roosevelt

Today I had a great back and cardio workout

Assisted pull ups
    Seated row
    1arm db rows
    Bent over row
    Wide lat pulldowns
    Hyperextension

30 mins cardio

I have been eating my planned meals since Xmas day longest time in a long while !! Really happy with myself.

Made a calorie reduction this week meal 5 1\4 rice down and meal 6 tablespoon of peanut butter out
    Train hard and Think Big

Eleanor Roosevelt

alicepattinson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alicepattinson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alicepattinson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alicepattinson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alicepattinson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alicepattinson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alicepattinson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alicepattinson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alicepattinson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alicepattinson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alicepattinson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi OP, have you also tried the Master Cleanse?

Damn... Not updates for a few days!

Quick recap...

Gym has been going great and food wise last night I did not have my final meal I had a smoothie instead and half a bad ass vegan power cookie and vegan peanut butter cup .

Next week I will be training with a work colleague doing legs, cant wait !!

Also been awake most of the night my husband is doing a raw vegan chef certification and the lady who teaches the class invited me me in to try some food it was amazing !! But the raw coconut macaroon had coca nibs in it they kept me awake.

And she is letting me attenda $500 workshop on sports performance nutrition for free !! On Feb 8th can't wait for that
    Train hard and Think Big

Eleanor Roosevelt